Josh Allen the turnover machine

I thought I'd heard it all. The ends that people go to blame Josh is close to unrivaled in Sports. What I can't understand is how people can't see that this is a team that is mostly pretty mediocre both staff and talent wise other than the QB. He should be the least prioritized problem this team has, all he can do is move closer to perfection. It's confusing to me that some think when he plays the Chiefs the context is so neutral all he has to do is play a little better and we're golden. I ask you Allen critics when? when will you hold the rest of structure around the QB responsible and demand improvements.

Edited by D. L. Hot-Flamethrower
  • Like (+1) 5

I mean, when it' all said and done.  If Josh continues to lead Buffalo to playoff games it's not a stretch to say his all-time playoff stats would be right up there only behind Brady and Mahomes.  Just without the hardware.

25 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

I feel about as bad as one can feel for a guy making 45 million dollars a year. Josh has to be just about perfect for his team to have a chance against a good opponent in the playoffs because his coach and his defense will inevitably choke and even then it's not enough.

He has zero margin for error whereas guys like Mahomes can miss wide open TDs like he did early Sunday and not have to worry because the rest of his team will pick up the slack.

Allen is the best QB in the league and if he had any kind of competence patrolling the sideline, he'd have a super bowl or two by now.

You said it perfectly, but there are Bills fans who think McDermott and co. Can be on Josh’s level.

It has been proven time and again that even the perfect Josh Allen isn’t good enough in the playoffs.

Definition of insanity??

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Josh’s turnovers led to key losses in the regular season, which cost us the chance to rest players in week 18 or potentially get a bye, which led to increased player injuries and an eventual playoff exit. Josh did not have any turnovers this postseason, but while AJ Klein was trying to cover Travis Kelce, all I could think about is the offense turning it over twice in 30 seconds against the Broncos with 1 min left in the half and Josh throwing 3 picks to Jordan Whitehead.

And here I thought the bigger problem was that Allen had left the Bills D with three leads inside of 2 minutes left in the game that they couldn't protect.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

And here I thought the bigger problem was that Allen had left the Bills D with three leads inside of 2 minutes left in the game that they couldn't protect.

He’s actually left the field with more than 3 leads. You just remember the ones we lost. And in those losses, he contributed greatly to them.

Just now, FireChans said:

Broncos, Pats, Jets.

And, at the end of the day it mattered not as we won the division and got the 2 home games. What mattered at the end of the day was receivers not making plays when they were there and would've impacted the last game. And, many of us said so back in the Spring when DeAndre Hopkins was available to go get him. That is not Josh's error that is on McBeane.

38 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I mean, when it' all said and done.  If Josh continues to lead Buffalo to playoff games it's not a stretch to say his all-time playoff stats would be right up there only behind Brady and Mahomes.  Just without the hardware.

Awesome. Bills Mafia would sign up for that no doubt. 

1 minute ago, 90sBills said:

Awesome. Bills Mafia would sign up for that no doubt. 

As I have said elsewhere, the rubes in the stands just want to see peppa pig, Tay Tay and cool highlights.  Winning is an afterthought.

Crabs in a bucket I tell ya.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

And, at the end of the day it mattered not as we won the division and got the 2 home games. What mattered at the end of the day was receivers not making plays when they were there and would've impacted the last game. And, many of us said so back in the Spring when DeAndre Hopkins was available to go get him. That is not Josh's error that is on McBeane.

It mattered because every game mattered until the playoffs started. For all we know, an extra week of rest helps the entire team show up vs the Chiefs. 

I agree they should have got DHOP as well. 

49 minutes ago, FireChans said:

It mattered because every game mattered until the playoffs started. For all we know, an extra week of rest helps the entire team show up vs the Chiefs. 

I agree they should have got DHOP as well. 

Bills would have never got the #1 seed, however nobody is talking about the 2 extra days the Chiefs had by playing on saturday opposed to the Bills playing on monday and Josh still almost beat Patty! Make no mistake, it was all Josh who almost won that game, McDermott was the one who lost it. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

GEnyyh3XwAAboiu?format=png&name=large

NOT!!!! another narrative debunked. Playoff performance all time

That's post-season.  In the regular season, he is 100% a turnover machine.  As I write every time this comes up, the good outweighs the bad with Josh so it's not an issue.

3 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

He's clearly too conservative and careful with the ball for us to take the next step.

I know you are making a joke but that was Tyrod Taylor.

The man was utterly AFRAID to throw the ball, and had a league leading turnover rating as a result. Of course, we didn't have any offense either.

• Eyeroll 1

There’s 6 WR’s under contract next season. Diggs, Shakir, Harty, Shorter, Isabella, and Hamler. 

I expect us to lose Davis and Sherfield to Free Agency, and Harty to be released to free up cap space, which means we need to replace 3 WR’s on the active roster next season. 

According to the Bills depth chart on Ourlads website, Shorter is the direct backup to Diggs at LWR which means we’re set there, but we have no starter or backup depth at RWR, which means we need to add 2 new RWR’s. I’ve got Isabella replacing Harty as a backp Slot Receiver to Shakir which means we’re set at SWR. 

I don’t have Hamler making the 53 man roster, but will make the PS. 

Having said that, I expect us to draft a RWR and add a budget friendly veteran Free Agent RWR like Kendrick Bourne or Josh Reynolds. 

in summary, I’ve got our WR core to look something like this next season 

LWR: Diggs and Shorter 

SWR: Shakir and Isabella 

RWR: Bourne or Reynolds and a Rookie 

Edited by Trust The Process

5 hours ago, FireChans said:

I think we beat KC if we were the one seed and had the bye instead of playing the Steelers. 

Benford, Diggs, Spector, Martin, Bernard were all hurt in that game.

From here on out the #1 goal is not necessarily the SB but getting that 1 seed and bye. Just know the Bills will have some injuries. Even the home field advantage is no where near as important as getting healthy thru week 18 until the divisions.  Your odds of making the SB goes up dramatically by getting the 1 seed.

6 hours ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

GEnyyh3XwAAboiu?format=png&name=large

NOT!!!! another narrative debunked. Playoff performance all time

Can you point to any serious person that said Allen was a turnover machine in the playoffs?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.