No Matter your feelings Bass doesn't deserve the abuse

rajinka

I said here I wanted to fire him into the sun.  I wasn't serious.  If people are actually attacking him over this...those people need to get a life.

I still think he needs to go, and certainly shouders a good amount of blame for the loss, but c'mon people...

45 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I really hope that it was nobody here that was making those death threats. I wanna believe that we’re better than that.

Oh I’d like to believe that too but I honestly don’t. You’ve seen and read some of the absolute idiots that post here recently.

• Agree 2

i have seen less people talking about him than McD, Diggs, and play calling. there will always be a few crazy people out there. overall, i think few of us were surprised, shocked, or deeply angered at him for missing. We already had the discussion about Bass being mediocre in the aftermath of  the blocked kick last week. 

I think the majority acknowledge we need to move on from him. 

Edited by Man with No Name

2 hours ago, FieldGeneral said:

The same way I felt when McKelvin fumbled on MNF is how I feel today. Yeah, he’s paid to do one thing, but this is sports entertainment. When fan’s don’t recognize this is when it goes too far. 

I learned a lot about some of the posters here after the McKelvin fumble on MNF against the Pats.

9 hours ago, Eastport bills said:

He’s a great kid and everyone wishes him well. We just need a clutch, reliable kicker or else we’re limited.

I'd say at this point a clutch WR1 that can catch passes that hit his hands 50 yards downfield and doesn't fumble after contact is way higher on the priority list....or else we are limited.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

NO threats!

Simply, he can’t return. 

When you kick successfully at a 25% rate in the PLAYOFFS… YOU ARE OUT!

Because…

YOU are going to lose a game at some point… which is…

I feel bad for Bass, but that's 2 Chiefs games lost with his foot being involved: the non-squib at 13 seconds and now the missed 3 to tie the game. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.