Mayock knew of fake punt plans

Sorry if this has been posted

Had to listen the 2nd quarter on radio

On the Bills first punt of the game Mayock clearly hints that he expects a fake from the Bills

first question - wth would we tip off a media personality?

second question - why would Mayock open his mouth, any Chiefs affiliate personal listening would have a chance to relay this info, no?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, sven233 said:

You could see by the movement pre-snap that something was up.  It looked like there was some confusion and you could sense it was coming.  It surprised nobody.

And that's why it was a bad call. Terrible execution. To me that's 100% coaching.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

The Bills are an unprepared and sloppy team. That was none more evident than on that play yesterday and it's been apparent throughout McDermott's tenure here. He's in over his bald head and if not for Allen, he'd be coaching DBs in Carolina right now.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 5
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

The Bills are an unprepared and sloppy team. That was none more evident than on that play yesterday and it's been apparent throughout McDermott's tenure here. He's in over his bald head and if not for Allen, he'd be coaching DBs in Carolina right now.

For a guy who prides himself on toughness and discipline, it sure doesn't translate into the team he coaches.  Or maybe they're a bunch of dummies that can't grasp McD's 12th dimensional chess?  I guess we'll never know!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

When I saw Hamlin switch sides of the formation, then switch back, I knew what was up. What I never could've imagined is that Hamlin himself would be running the ball. I can't fault McD for being aggressive when his Defense was getting gashed every drive, but what an utterly ridiculous way to do it.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

23 minutes ago, sven233 said:

You could see by the movement pre-snap that something was up.  It looked like there was some confusion and you could sense it was coming.  It surprised nobody.

Agreed, you could tell something was up.  

18 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

And that's why it was a bad call. Terrible execution. To me that's 100% coaching.

I generally support McD.  But as soon as I saw the fake, even before Hamlin was tackled, I thought, "Oh, crap!" 

I didn't like the call and liked the execution even less.  

• Like (+1) 2

I mean, it’s Mahomes and you have to score EVERY SINGLE DRIVE to expect to win.  And our punter was injured.  Sooooo yea I was expecting a fake punt and I’d have even dialed up a surprise onsides kick myself 

6 minutes ago, peterpan said:

I mean, it’s Mahomes and you have to score EVERY SINGLE DRIVE to expect to win.  And our punter was injured.  Sooooo yea I was expecting a fake punt and I’d have even dialed up a surprise onsides kick myself 

It's not that mode of thinking that was the problem. It was a very poorly designed play and the confusion and the way he was lined up was a dead giveaway. At that point a good HC would have audibled out of it or gone for it by giving the ball to Josh. 

But McD has no feel for the game whatsoever. It's a huge problem. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

I re-watched it this morning and it couldn't have been more obvious it was a fake punt. Regardless of whether Mayock knew, every Chiefs players on the field knew, along with every fan in the stadium and every person watching. It was just so incredibly stupid and such an obvious choke moment from the HC. Another in a long line of instances where McD was just in over his head in a big situation.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, pigpen65 said:

I re-watched it this morning and it couldn't have been more obvious it was a fake punt. Regardless of whether Mayock knew, every Chiefs players on the field knew, along with every fan in the stadium and every person watching. It was just so incredibly stupid and such an obvious choke moment from the HC. Another in a long line of instances where McD was just in over his head in a big situation.

Yup, he seizes up.  I know that look.  Get some counseling, man

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, sven233 said:

It was disorganized and botched. It looked like the punt team wanted to yell out alert and punt it instead. Our ST's have been awful all year.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nostradumbass said:

Sorry if this has been posted

Had to listen the 2nd quarter on radio

On the Bills first punt of the game Mayock clearly hints that he expects a fake from the Bills

first question - wth would we tip off a media personality?

second question - why would Mayock open his mouth, any Chiefs affiliate personal listening would have a chance to relay this info, no?

because you were the only one listening to Mayock on the radio

• Haha (+1) 2

The decision to go for that play is on McDermott. But A LOT of critique here is on HOW the play was run. McDermott coaches the ST now? He sets up the formations and assignments in ST? Thats news to...well...literally everyone. 

Are we going to blame McD for Billy Buffalo not getting his suit drycleaned before the game now? Can we PLEASE keep the arrows aimed at McD to the ones he actually has responsibility for taking? 

Edited by RkFast
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Dislike 1

44 minutes ago, pigpen65 said:

Only harm that was done as a result was KC took some time off the clock.  We took the ball back on that drive anyway.  This isn't why the game was lost.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.