Buffalo Bills’ key free agents

wppete

This is a huge list. I see major changes happening.

Bills’ key free agents this off-season: WR Gabriel Davis, S Micah Hyde, DE Leonard Floyd, LB Tyrel Dodson, CB Dane Jackson, DE A.J. Epenesa, S Taylor Rapp, DT DaQuan Jones, DT Tim Settle, DT Jordan Phillips, DT Poona Ford, DT Linval Joseph, DE Shaq Lawson, WR Trent Sherfield, G David Edwards, RB Latavius Murray, RB Ty Johnson, RB Damien Harris, CB Cameron Lewis, QB Kyle Allen.

Davis - GONE

Hyde - Maybe a cheap deal to come back?

Floyd - GONE - likely too expensive after the season he put up with double digit sacks

Dodson - probably resigned for depth, not likely a huge payday awaiting him

Jackson - probably resigned for depth, not likely a huge payday awaiting him

AJE - Unsure...could go either way...might be a team out there that values him and pays him more than the Bills can afford.

Rapp - GONE - made a great play against Miami in week 18 but was best known for taking out our own players throughout the season with friendly fire on D

Jones - Need to figure out a way to resign him...he is so so good, they CANNOT afford to lose him.

Settle - GONE - played decent this year but never became what they thought they would be getting

Phillips - GONE - liability against the run and wasn't that dominant this year against the pass like last year - always seem to injure himself diving at QBs.

Joseph - GONE - he was a stopgap mostly

Lawson - could probably get his resigned for a decent price.  Quality edge setter usually in the run game.

Sherfield - GONE - please go.

Edwards - could probably resign him for depth unless another team views him as a starter and is willing to pay him like one.

Murray - GONE - wrong side of 30, was ineffective late in the year

Johnson - would like to see him resigned...quality depth player who made things happen every time he touched the ball. Likely won't command a huge deal in UFA

Harris - GONE - might have to retire anyways

Lewis - probably resign as a depth player. Has little market as a UFA

Allen - GONE - Bills unlikely to keep backups more than a year unless they get a rookie.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, wppete said:

Bills’ key free agents this off-season: WR Gabriel Davis , S Micah Hyde, DE Leonard Floyd, LB Tyrel Dodson, CB Dane Jackson, DE A.J. Epenesa, S Taylor Rapp, DT DaQuan Jones, DT Tim Settle, DT Jordan Phillips, DT Poona Ford, DT Linval Joseph, DE Shaq Lawson, WR Trent Sherfield, G David Edwards, RB Latavius Murray, RB Ty Johnson, RB Damien Harris, CB Cameron Lewis, QB Kyle Allen.

I'd only keep Jackson (CB); Jones (DT); Joseph (DT); Johnson (RB), and K. Allen if cheap.  Then sign Cuse QB (who plays a bit like Allen) as UDFA, or the draft the Tenn QB late.   I would like to keep Floyd, Dodson, Phillips, Lawson, Edwards, Murray and AJ, but likely too expensive as we will have to sign a safety.  

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Davis - GONE

Hyde - Maybe a cheap deal to come back?

Floyd - GONE - likely too expensive after the season he put up with double digit sacks

Dodson - probably resigned for depth, not likely a huge payday awaiting him

Jackson - probably resigned for depth, not likely a huge payday awaiting him

AJE - Unsure...could go either way...might be a team out there that values him and pays him more than the Bills can afford.

Rapp - GONE - made a great play against Miami in week 18 but was best known for taking out our own players throughout the season with friendly fire on D

Jones - Need to figure out a way to resign him...he is so so good, they CANNOT afford to lose him.

Settle - GONE - played decent this year but never became what they thought they would be getting

Phillips - GONE - liability against the run and wasn't that dominant this year against the pass like last year

Joseph - GONE - he was a stopgap mostly

Lawson - could probably get his resigned for a decent price.  Quality edge setter usually in the run game.

I think I agree with all of these except Lawson.

He's had some issues down the stretch and was atrocious enough tonight that I don' think he'll be missed.

6 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I'd only keep Jackson (CB); Jones (DT); Joseph (DT); Johnson (RB), and K. Allen if cheap.  Then sign Cuse QB (who plays a bit like Allen) as UDFA, or the draft the Tenn QB late.   I would like to keep Floyd, Dodson, Phillips, Lawson, Edwards, Murray and AJ, but likely too expensive as we will have to sign a safety.  

Joseph(DT) is a late season mercenary so he's gone most likely.

Also not for nothing but I can't get the image of him getting thrown backwards on his ass on a KC TD run out of my mind.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

If Joseph doesn't retire, he will probably wait until the trading deadline before he signs with a team, like he's done the last two years.

• Like (+1) 1

BURN IT DOWN!!! 

Id be happy to lose all these guys except D. Jones. Add cuts to Diggs, Miller and Tre too. 

We are not and have not getting to SB with this group. Get young and have a couple down years to progress. 

Someone needs to have a really compelling argument for me to be on board with running this thing back. 

9 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Murray and Phillips have nothing left.  Edwards played well tonite and could start if someone gets injured.  He is a mauler.  Johnson can play.  

We need big time upgrades at WR S and D Line.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Paup 1995MVP said:

Murray and Phillips have nothing left.  Edwards played well tonite and could start if someone gets injured.  He is a mauler.  Johnson can play.  

We need big time upgrades at WR S and D Line.  

I'm thinking draft for WR (too expensive in FA due to our cap issue, thanks Miller and Diggs); perhaps a safety in FA, but there are some in the draft.  DL hopefully we retain Jones (DT), I'd like Lawson depending on price.  

Leonard Floyd was good at times this year but ultimately he was disappointing when it mattered. Even so I would love for him to be back. Jones was great then injured (need him back to form) . Hyde appears to be done as an effective player (One of my favourite Bills of the last few years) The rest of the list is so meh that I couldnt care less. Epenesa especially disappointed me. Flashes of brilliance then invisibility. 

39 minutes ago, wppete said:

Bills’ key free agents this off-season: WR Gabriel Davis, S Micah Hyde, DE Leonard Floyd, LB Tyrel Dodson, CB Dane Jackson, DE A.J. Epenesa, S Taylor Rapp, DT DaQuan Jones, DT Tim Settle, DT Jordan Phillips, DT Poona Ford, DT Linval Joseph, DE Shaq Lawson, WR Trent Sherfield, G David Edwards, RB Latavius Murray, RB Ty Johnson, RB Damien Harris, CB Cameron Lewis, QB Kyle Allen.

Poyer is cut or restructured 

Tre white is cut 

Keep - AJE, Lewis, Floyd, jones, Jackson. 

if someone outbids us on AJE so be it… and if Floyd wants a more money he is gone too. 

One thing I can say after this season is we can find talent on D for plug and play. Rasul, Bernard, benford all played like starters and stars at times. 

I have no idea how many soul crushing endings it’s going to take for people to realize that with the exception of Josh Allen, NONE of these players matter one bit. Rebuild this entire mess of underperforming also-rans. Enough already! 

39 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I'm thinking draft for WR (too expensive in FA due to our cap issue, thanks Miller and Diggs); perhaps a safety in FA, but there are some in the draft.  DL hopefully we retain Jones (DT), I'd like Lawson depending on price.  

Lawson brings grit and toughness.  He is a professional.  But at this point is he going to be better then Kingsley Jonathan next season?  I would draft two WR's that can come in and contribute next year with big upside going forward.  We need a big young DT, and a safety.  And just fill in the gaps with defensive players that can play fast and get after the QB.  Not easy to find.  But we sure need some guys that can flat out play on the D Line.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.