Thank you Hyde and Poyer

GoBills!

I know it was probably the last game for both of you…. 

I just wanted to say thank you for your time in Buffalo, both of you were the glue who held our defense together for the past 5+ years. You both made big plays when it mattered during the season and playoffs. I know Father Time is upon us. And we never reached the superbowl like we all envisioned or brought home the Lombardi like we all dream of. 

I hope you enjoy your family and stay around the fans and community for as long as you desire.  

Much love ❤️- Bills fan. 

• Like (+1) 11
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, KingBoots8 said:

Team is gonna look very different next year… gonna miss them.

I was tough on Poyer this year for his slower speed but he made plays even tonight when it counted. 

Always covering up th practice squad LBs and helping our cb’s

• Agree 1

45 minutes ago, KingBoots8 said:

Team is gonna look very different next year… gonna miss them.

Yes they will both likely be gone and they will both be very missed.  The first window of the JA era ended tonight.  Over the next year or 2 there will be a substantial rebuild.

3 minutes ago, BananaB said:

Sadly this will force Beane to worry about McDs D first this offseason and neglect the WR room once again

As long as McD is allowed to run this team, he will always neglect wrs.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Poyer will be back I think for one more year. And when a play needed making tonight he made it. 

I think that is the end of Micah. 

With his neck situation, Hyde would be insane to play another year.   He's done.

Poyer may get 1 more year; he's close to being doing too.  He's at least 2 steps too slow now; his position should be improved.

We are going to go through that all up and down the lineup this off-season.

I embrace it. IF only we had a new HC to work into the formula.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BananaB said:

Sadly this will force Beane to worry about McDs D first this offseason and neglect the WR room once again

I hope that’s not how it plays out.  Gonna need to get some reasonably priced free agents, although if they want to improve and get younger at WR, really need to spend at least a 1st or 2nd round pick there.  But also will need to shore up the D too, so really need to hit on at least a few of their draft picks.

15 minutes ago, nbbillsfan said:

They are aging, but I think their presence will be sorely missed.

Yes them and Milano are so valuable to the Defense. 

Hyde likely retires and I don’t think Poyer is ready to take on a back up role if he is great but I don’t think so and he won’t be getting money like this year…. 

Good news is we been able to find talent in the draft and via trade so maybe we can replace them and still fill the WR position issue we all know we have… 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.