The expert media and their excuses

Stroke 17

3 minutes ago, finn said:

Look, Allen turned it over 23 times, Mahomes 17. Meanwhile, he produced 44 touchdowns compared to Mahomes' 27. Would you give up six turnovers for 17 touchdowns? More to the point here, how often do you see these two sets of numbers presented together? Like, never? It's always some version of Allen as turnover machine, to the point that literally every comment or observation about Allen includes some note about his turnovers.

As for dropped passes, whose receivers led the league in dropped passes last year? If you don't know, it may be because the media didn't repeat the fact ad nauseum because it wasn't Mahomes. It was Allen. 

And Allen also lost his coordinator, didn't he? In fact, he's on his third in three years. 

All his career, Mahomes has been playing for an excellent coach with excellent receivers and an excellent line. For the first time, he has to do it himself, the way Allen has all HIS career. And the excuses pour forth. 

Great post, and I completely agree with you. Sick to death of excuses made for Mahomes when he’s basically had one of the best situations for a young QB to walk into for his entire career.

• Thank you (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, finn said:

Look, Allen turned it over 23 times, Mahomes 17. Meanwhile, he produced 44 touchdowns compared to Mahomes' 27. Would you give up six turnovers for 17 touchdowns? More to the point here, how often do you see these two sets of numbers presented together? Like, never? It's always some version of Allen as turnover machine, to the point that literally every comment or observation about Allen includes some note about his turnovers.

As for dropped passes, whose receivers led the league in dropped passes last year? If you don't know, it may be because the media didn't repeat the fact ad nauseum because it wasn't Mahomes. It was Allen. 

And Allen also lost his coordinator, didn't he? In fact, he's on his third in three years. 

All his career, Mahomes has been playing for an excellent coach with excellent receivers and an excellent line. For the first time, he has to do it himself, the way Allen has all HIS career. And the excuses pour forth. 

Can I get AMEN… finally someone with the real numbers, and these are the real numbers. The fact is that Allen is indeed the best quarterback in the league, warts and all, the numbers just don’t lie. While every other team/pundit whines about why their quarterback can’t do it, Allen just does it. He has never had the quality supporting cast like others, yet every year here he is in the playoffs. He just does more with a lot less, without the whining and sideline meltdowns. Meanwhile, anytime there is a lull in the great Patrick Mahomes play, it is followed by excuses for that lull….his receivers, his coaches, he is just off today, he is injured, he is without Kelce….it’s just nonstop. And it is very eerily similar for Lamar Jackson. Allen is not a turnover machine, he is a winning machine that pundits/commentators/fans refuse to recognize because of their draft day narrative. Just about every other elite quarterback is given the benefit of media excuses, yet are still mentioned as one of the greats, Mahomes, Jackson, Love, Stroud, Herbert, Stafford…and whomever else their is. These guys are all mentioned in the same breath and if they have an off game or season, they are given an excuse. The media is the hardest on Josh, but he has the best stats of all of them. I mentioned it in another thread, but there is a breakdown on YouTube for their year MVP between Allen and Lamar Jackson. The stats that are used, which is everything, put Allen far and away the MVP over Jackson.

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, NY to VA to NV to TX to AZ said:

Allen is not a turnover machine, he is a winning machine that pundits/commentators/fans refuse to recognize because of their draft day narrative.

Church Pray GIF

• Haha (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, finn said:

Allen got his coordinator fired lol, there’s a difference between hired away and fired.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, klos63 said:

Nobody serious said that Allen is a turnover 'machine'. I think Bills fans add that word to get themselves more upset. 

Allen having turnover issues is a valid criticism. 

Also, many pundits are picking the Bills to win this weekend also to get to the Super Bowl.

Stop looking for reasons to get mad, enjoy the 6 game win streak and huge home playoff game against a great rival.  Doesn't get much better than this. 

Yes actually that has been said. I'm too old to know how to find the quote or the clip. If you are of a younger and more computer savvy check out the morning show on ESPN with "Evan, Canty and Michelle" from last Friday. They were laughing and giggling  and hoping the Bills would lose and the turn over machine Josh Allen would be to blame. 

Evan, the Patriots fan was/is the worst. 

Trust me, as 48 year season ticket holder nobody and I mean nobody is enjoying this win streak more than me. I've been around for the good the bad and the ugly. Back in the early days we didn't have social media, 24 hour sport talk with so many idiot talking heads just trying to get a click or a rise from fans. It is so successful because it works. As I said I try to ignore it but it is hard to get away from it. I will defend our Bills when these type of accusations Pi** me off. I try not to be like them, I'm not adding that word, I heard it with my own 68 year old ears.

29 minutes ago, NY to VA to NV to TX to AZ said:

Can I get AMEN… finally someone with the real numbers, and these are the real numbers. The fact is that Allen is indeed the best quarterback in the league, warts and all, the numbers just don’t lie. While every other team/pundit whines about why their quarterback can’t do it, Allen just does it. He has never had the quality supporting cast like others, yet every year here he is in the playoffs. He just does more with a lot less, without the whining and sideline meltdowns. Meanwhile, anytime there is a lull in the great Patrick Mahomes play, it is followed by excuses for that lull….his receivers, his coaches, he is just off today, he is injured, he is without Kelce….it’s just nonstop. And it is very eerily similar for Lamar Jackson. Allen is not a turnover machine, he is a winning machine that pundits/commentators/fans refuse to recognize because of their draft day narrative. Just about every other elite quarterback is given the benefit of media excuses, yet are still mentioned as one of the greats, Mahomes, Jackson, Love, Stroud, Herbert, Stafford…and whomever else their is. These guys are all mentioned in the same breath and if they have an off game or season, they are given an excuse. The media is the hardest on Josh, but he has the best stats of all of them. I mentioned it in another thread, but there is a breakdown on YouTube for their year MVP between Allen and Lamar Jackson. The stats that are used, which is everything, put Allen far and away the MVP over Jackson.

Thank you Sir. I wish I could have made my point as well as that. You DA Man!

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

maxres2.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEoCIAKENAF8quKqQMc

Nick Wright's sole argument has been based on the Chiefs and Mahomes history because he knows they both have had an average season.

Edited by Herc11
  • Like (+1) 1

Something else funny. The first half of the year the media was obsessed with Jalen Hurts and the tush push and how he had so many rushing TDs. It was one of his big arguments for MVP. 

Hurts slowed down and Allen ended up tying Hurts for the NFL RECORD for rushing TDs by a QB in a season and not a peep. Nobody brought up rushing TDs anymore. No longer did rushing TDs matter for MVP. 

Allen passed Steve Young for 2nd all time for QB rushing TDs with 50 this year and IT WASNT EVEN MENTIONED on the broadcast. Allen is going to be the first QB to have 100 rushing TDs and nobody is talking about it. 

I swear something weird is going on and has been going on for 6 years with the media and sports fans. Something about Allen man. I don’t know, it’s like everyone sees his greatness but doesn’t want to admit it. 

People seem to go quiet and uncomfortable when you start talking about his greatness. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, ToGoGo said:

Something else funny. The first half of the year the media was obsessed with Jalen Hurts and the tush push and how he had so many rushing TDs. It was one of his big arguments for MVP. 

Hurts slowed down and Allen ended up tying Hurts for the NFL RECORD for rushing TDs by a QB in a season and not a peep. Nobody brought up rushing TDs anymore. No longer did rushing TDs matter for MVP. 

Allen passed Steve Young for 2nd all time for QB rushing TDs with 50 this year and IT WASNT EVEN MENTIONED on the broadcast. Allen is going to be the first QB to have 100 rushing TDs and nobody is talking about it. 

I swear something weird is going on and has been going on for 6 years with the media and sports fans. Something about Allen man. I don’t know, it’s like everyone sees his greatness but doesn’t want to admit it. 

People seem to go quiet and uncomfortable when you start talking about his greatness. 

The self-loathing nerds who comprise a lot of the media hate Allen because he reminds them of the guy in high school who dated the girls they had crushes on but never had a chance with. Most of the former players give him his due, outside a few of the black guys who openly hate every white QB (e.g. Dominique Foxworth).

Edited by Patrick Fitzryan
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Stroke 17 said:

Yes actually that has been said. I'm too old to know how to find the quote or the clip. If you are of a younger and more computer savvy check out the morning show on ESPN with "Evan, Canty and Michelle" from last Friday. They were laughing and giggling  and hoping the Bills would lose and the turn over machine Josh Allen would be to blame. 

Evan, the Patriots fan was/is the worst. 

Trust me, as 48 year season ticket holder nobody and I mean nobody is enjoying this win streak more than me. I've been around for the good the bad and the ugly. Back in the early days we didn't have social media, 24 hour sport talk with so many idiot talking heads just trying to get a click or a rise from fans. It is so successful because it works. As I said I try to ignore it but it is hard to get away from it. I will defend our Bills when these type of accusations Pi** me off. I try not to be like them, I'm not adding that word, I heard it with my own 68 year old ears.

Thank you Sir. I wish I could have made my point as well as that. You DA Man!

I said no serious person. 

9 hours ago, FireChans said:

I haven’t seen anyone that has said Mahomes has been his usual great self this year. But hey

All week actually

keep saying how he owns the bills becuase of his playoff history ?

I don’t get this sentiment personally because - they had massive amounts of weapons then …. Their offense isn’t what it was 

anyways 

yes op is correct it’s pretty - odd actually 

like beating the dolphins they are saying they’re back on track and a powerhouse offense again

First it was Burrow has moved into a tier only Mahomes is on. 

Then the entire summer was endless Aaron Rodgers and the Jets. Every single day he was the lead story. He was going to take over the conference. 

Rodgers lasted 4 snaps and then it became he’ll come back just in time to

save the Jets. 

Burrow got hurt 2-days into Training Camp and it was brushed aside as he always gets hurt in Training Camp and the Bengals always start slow. 

Then it was Tua in Week 3. The Dolphins had found the perfect QB for their system. 

Then the media moved onto Jalen Hurts. The Eagles weren’t as dominant as last year, but Hurts had matured. Then came the 49ers game and that ended. 

Then it became Dak, look at this scoring, Dallas is for real.

Then it went to Brock. The 49ers are dominant, he doesn’t make mistakes, until the 4-interception game against the Ravens.

And now the media has settled on Lamar. QB of the best team in the league. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Stroke 17 said:

They say, Josh Allen is a turn over machine he will cost the Bills.  He definitely has his share of picks but the dude is a player. I ain't getting rid of him for any other QB in the league. 

Out of all the things people can rightfully criticize Allen for, this is the only real one imo.

And just like I posted in another thread, I can't get it out of my head that 1) Josh hasn't gone back-to-back games without at least one INT and 2) last week he had 0...

So history tells us he will throw at least one pick this week. Will it cost us the game? I don't know, but don't tune into sports talk shows for a couple weeks if it does.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.