This fan base, sometime, is very concerning

29 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Maybe I'm oversimplifying this. But it's football and anything can happen. And normally when it's a game where some silliness happens it involves a Bills loss.

If before the season started you would have told people that the Bills would enter the playoffs on a 5 game win streak, #2 seed, at home against the Steelers , without TJ Watt and with Mason Rudolph starting at QB I think 99% of the fan base would have signed up for that. 

But again, it's football. The weather will factor in. Could there be yet another game that the Refs influence the outcome? Will the Bills play down to their opponents, or will the Steelers play out of their mind knowing they really are playing with house money and have nothing to lose? 

It's a single elimination tournament. Can't have an off day or it's on to exit interviews and draft prep. 

The weather: aren’t we supposed to be a natural “cold weather team” ? Don’t we always state that in December and January we play our best football and that when other teams come play in Buffalo they will have to worry about cold and snow ? 

Now it seams the opposite: Pit is the favorite one because the weather. Ok, maybe i miss something. 

2 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Of course. In fact it is way more than enough to make your question that much more puzzling, but hey; GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have my small bet in on them winning the Super Bowl. 👍

Maybe because i’m very tired to see all this negative and pessimistic thoughts. 

Just now, Italian Bills said:

The weather: aren’t we supposed to be a natural “cold weather team” ? Don’t we always state that in December and January we play our best football and that when other teams come play in Buffalo they will have to worry about cold and snow ? 

Now it seams the opposite: Pit is the favorite one because the weather. Ok, maybe i miss something. 

Pittsburgh bis also a "cold weather team". Their primary RB is a huge tank of a dude. Ours has noted problems hanging onto the ball in good weather. That's an advantage right there.

Winds, snow, sleet and rain have a tendency to level a playing field a bit. There will be mistakes from both teams. It could and often does help a less talented team stick around in the game.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Italian Bills said:

Maybe because i’m very tired to see all this negative and pessimistic thoughts. 

Its all good my friend. Sorry if I was a tad brusque. As Bills fans we have been stricken by a host of very sad endings. What you are seeing (imho) are defense mechanisims, plain and simple. 

Josh Allen is great. SO great that anything does seem possible.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not worried about Mason Rudolph - I'm more concerned about them going jumbo with 3 TEs and running it down our throats with Harris, controlling the clock, wearing out our defense, and keeping it out of Josh's hands while the offense freezes up on the sidelines.

Hoping our occasionally porous run defense doesn't raise it's ugly head and the return of DQ helps plug the middle.

On offense the Bills need to set the tone and move the ball methodically down the field. Put the cape away and take enough chunks of yardage to get first downs and points on the board.

The Steelers are a well-coached team. I'm not worried, but not over confident either.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Italian Bills said:

We got the playoffs, we got the second seed, we got the home field advantage, we got the seventh seed team, but we still keep on worry very much, too much !

I mean, not that it would be a cake walk, but damn, we play at home, we have Josh Allen and they have Mason Rudolph, they are without their best player TJ WATT, but we still here in panic mode. 

I really dunno: do you think, honestly, that the Chiefs fans, 49ers fans, Ravens fans, Eagles fans, etc, would they feel so worried like us for playing the TJ WATTless Steelers at home? I don’t think so. 

So tell me, where start all this worry, all this fear about the sunday game ? Is that truly justified ? 

Weren't you one to start a thread bashing the OL and DL yesterday?

2 hours ago, Italian Bills said:

We got the playoffs, we got the second seed, we got the home field advantage, we got the seventh seed team, but we still keep on worry very much, too much !

I mean, not that it would be a cake walk, but damn, we play at home, we have Josh Allen and they have Mason Rudolph, they are without their best player TJ WATT, but we still here in panic mode. 

I really dunno: do you think, honestly, that the Chiefs fans, 49ers fans, Ravens fans, Eagles fans, etc, would they feel so worried like us for playing the TJ WATTless Steelers at home? I don’t think so. 

So tell me, where start all this worry, all this fear about the sunday game ? Is that truly justified ? 

I have been following this team since the OJ days. I have seen more losing than winning with this team. As far as playoffs disappointments go. Losing in the final minutes to the Chargers in 80, losing another one to the Bengals in 81, Browns in 89, wide right, 3 blowout losses in the other Super Bowls. Then we can add MCM and 13 seconds to the list as well. So, Bills fans have a right to be nervous or on edge. Call it whatever you want. With this team fans will always wonder when the Charlie Brown kicking the football from Lucy moment will show up. I am guessing it will always be that way until the Bills finally win a Super Bowl.

Edited by Gregg

Getting the #2 was fantastic!

We ALL want there to be 3 Playoff Games at Orchard Park- a real possibility after the Divisional Round.

HOWEVER…

Has there been ONE commentator, prognosticator or fan that has not described this NFL Season as “weird”?

I met one in the grocery aisles last Thursday who spotted my Bills toque!

NOT ONE!

And it has been many of the better, Playoff bound teams!
Or the 8-3 Jax Jagoffs!

And speaking of that, the Bills stumbling, fumbling and fumbling attempt to throwaway the Season started with a Grade 4 intellectual decision to take the ***** red eye to England 2 days before Jax!

Hopefully,that simpleton is in the rear view mirror-like gonzo!

And then, they kakaed it up against 4 BRUTAL stiffs!

Finally, there is a wind advisory- never,ever good for the dominant team or stupid players like Wrong Way/Choice/Butterfingers Gabe!

Confidence? yes.

Worry? 100%!

17 minutes ago, pocoboy said:

Weren't you one to start a thread bashing the OL and DL yesterday?

I was referring on a single game, not about the next one where our lines can play extremely well. 

12 minutes ago, KCNC said:

You must not have been a Bills fan for very long.

Read above, 35 years… what you think ? 

9 minutes ago, Strethor said:

Didn't we almost lose to Skylar Thompson? There are no easy playoff games. 

Never wrote it would be a cake walk, the thread is about negative feeling around here. 

6 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

“We’re playing at home against Skylar Thompson. Nothing to worry about!”

A2C365C1-BA79-4569-AC1B-8C5D758737C4.jpeg

Ok, then let’s go ahead all the week long to think we are in trouble and Pit is a bad bad matchups and probably they have 60 to 40 chance to win the game. 

• Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, PBF81 said:

Beating Pitt at home and the winner of the the KC/Miami game also at home are musts for this playoffs to be a success for us, at minimum.  Then if Baltimore gets upset, so would be a home game AFC CG win.  

I believe the only possible teams to come to Buffalo with a win are Houston, Cleveland, or KC.  If the Bills and Dolphins win, fish go to Baltimore.

It's a moot point. Miami won't win in those less than ideal conditions and with a banged up squad.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I think what the OP is noting is the contrast between Bills fans and Steelers fans levels of confidence in online posts. Steelers fans are absolutely sure that they are winning it all, all due to beating the Bengals (in the game when Browning turned back into a pumpkin), Seahawks, and the Ravens backups. Somebody had to win the 7th seed in the AFC and they backed into it due to an epic collapse by the Jags. Meanwhile, Bills fans are actively searching for every potential way that their team could lose the game despite a five-game winning streak with wins over the Chiefs, Cowboys, and Dolphins.  Do you know that the Steelers give up more yards per game on the ground than the Bills (or Cowboys) do? Do you know that Najee Harris” only two 100-yard games came against the second-worst run defense and the Ravens third-stringers?  You know, if the Jags and Colts had won the Bills would be facing the Colts and JT in a snow game. Would that make people feel better?

I get it. We are just guarding ourselves from potential disappointment. What I don’t get is the chest thumping from Pittsburgh. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PBF81 said:

We're 0-4 in road playoff games. 

Of the four playoff games we've won, three are Wild-Card games, all four home games.  

Of those three games, two were against marginal playoff teams to begin with, all three at home.  10-7 New England with Mac Jones, Damien Harris, and Jakobi Meyers as their three top skill-position players, and 9-8 Miami with Skylar Thompson playing QB and JAG Jeff Wilson as a RB.  The other was against Indy, which outplayed us here at home with Rivers at QB and the rookie WR Pittman as their only decent WR.  

Miami was the 7th Seed, New England the 6th Seed, and Indy also the 7th Seed.  

The only solid playoff game we've played has been against Baltimore a week after that Indy game where we won 17-3, but where Baltimore, apart from Jackson and Andrews (TE) featured a bunch of mediocre all but JAG skill position players.  

The Ravens were the 5th Seed.  

To date we've never beaten a 1st thru 4th Seeded team.  

We have our work cut out for us this playoffs.  We're all hoping for a Super Bowl run, but our playoff history is somewhat sordid.  

Beating Pitt at home and the winner of the the KC/Miami game also at home are musts for this playoffs to be a success for us, at minimum.  Then if Baltimore gets upset, so would be a home game AFC CG win.  

Brilliant breakdown

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.