John Murphy update

QB Bills

https://www.wkbw.com/news/local-news/hopefully-ill-be-back-john-murphy-voice-of-the-buffalo-bills-shares-his-recovery-story

I know there are some who prefer Chris Brown but I'm definitely not one of them. Sucks that this had to happen to him of course, but worse still that it did when we finally have a good team. Hope he's back in the booth asap.

Get well soon Murph.

Edited by QB Bills
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Murph is a great guy. I wish him the very best.

Agree ! But the amount of energy that Browny brings to the broadcast along with his knowledge of the game & his voice doesn't do that squeak thing that Murph's does when he gets excited .

I'm glad Murph is getting better & will always be a part of the Bills family but i hope he enjoys his family & the time he has with them & if the team would want to give him a position to help out that would be great but my vote for the radio guy going forward will be Browny much better play by play !! 

Glad to see he is doing well!

Tough to see someone go through something like this, hopefully he will do nothing but improve!

My wife had a stroke at 49 and I understand the intense rehab it takes to get to the place he is at. Never know what you are capable of until you face adversity.

I hope he gets back to the booth.  It's what he loves doing.  

Imagine having your favorite thing you do taken from you?    Here, taking his speech and ability away to work the booth is just sad.

Prayers for ya Murph!  

Edited by Blackbeard

I’m just grateful we don’t have that schmo who does color commentary for the Bengals. I listened to a Bengals broadcast during a long drive home…possibly the worst radio broadcaster I’ve heard in my life. Bungled calls, relentless cliches, dated references…just brutal to hear. Nice guy, but sounded like an old-timer who should have been put out to pasture a decade or more ago. 

Murph is doing good. I din't drive for almost a year after my stroke. I didn't have speech problems but  it was walking. Needed a walker foe about 3 months and then a cane for about a year.  Glad he is improving.  Depending on where in the brain it occurred,  he may never  fully recover. Even 9 years after mine, I  still have a very, very slight weakness on my left side. My back bothers me on the side no, but that may also be from taking careoof my mom at the end of her life.

Edited by Wacka

2 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Brownie is far too over the top and way too much of a homer.  We should get a real pro like Bob Papa.

It's borderline comical... seriously. Good guy that Brownie but, the pbp stuff, yeah...

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.