Assuming the bills get in the playoffs, how confident are you they get to the superbowl?

Steptide

If the Bills keep playing like they've been playing, our playoff run - if we make the playoffs - won't last long.

But we've seen our D play really well at times.  We've seen our O play really well at times. 

Sometimes teams get hot in the playoffs.  We have the ability to be that team this year.

15 hours ago, NewEra said:

If we stay healthy:

I think there’s about a 33% chance we make Super Bowl if we continue playing like we have.

55% if we can figure out some things on O.

I'd say once they are in as a 2 seed, the answer is close to 20 percent.  ( .7 x .6 x .45) 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

I'd say once they are in as a 2 seed, the answer is close to 20 percent.  ( .7 x .6 x .45) 

I realize there’s an actual computer generated  %. I

I wasn’t predicting what I thought the computer would predict.  I was just stating my opinion of what I think the should be.  

5 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

The only game I wouldn't like the Bills chances is at Baltimore. Cleveland at home would also be tough but the Bills have played well at home all year so I think they would win that one. 

I feel more confident than last year, though that has more to do with the relative weakness of the competition.

Last year, the Bills looked extremely shakey the later we got into the season. It was pretty obvious they weren't long for the playoffs. 

This year is similar, but the competition is much more beatable. Baltimore is the one exception, but most likely we'd have to wait until the AFCCG to even play them (assuming Bills get into the playoffs via the straight-forward way). 

Edited by BigDingus
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Unpopular opinion... if the Bills lose to the Dolphins I'd rather they miss the playoffs entirely instead of backing in as the 6th or 7th seed.

Only if it results in a change of HC & an offensive-minded replacement. If it's just another year with McD, may as well back into the playoffs & flame out.

• Haha (+1) 1

I mean, Allen has had a SB speech planned for years.  I'm sure he's confident. Hell, this team has seen so much playoff action I'm Hella sure they will all be confident. 

If they don't do it this year, I'm not sure they ever do it. 

A ***** Chiefs squad with a terrible year for Mahomes. 

No Joe Burrow to stand in our way.

Only two other Qbs with post season experience, Mahomes and Jackson. 

Possibly entering with a second seed. 

If it doesn't happen this year, it never happens. 

• Agree 1

On 1/3/2024 at 8:43 PM, TheWei44 said:

Not sure about getting to Superbowl but a somewhat underrated aspect of the Bills recent success is the defense.  If the D continues its current trajectory, and the O gets a bit more on track, we'll be a tough out, especially in Buffalo.

People are underrating this defense which is elite and can very well carry us to a championship if Allen & company can bring it up just a notch. The 3 biggest reasons are Oliver finally hitting his peak, the emergence of Terrell Bernard, and the genius additions of Rasul Douglas & Leonard Floyd. They are scary good now that everything is clicking at the conclusion of the regular season. We finally have a running game as well and a decent amount of weapons for Allen. There’s really no excuses. They have just as good of chance as ever. I don’t care if we win ugly to get there. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Confident enough that I booked a round trip flight from Oakland to Las Vegas on 2/11 that gets into Vegas at 9:30 AM and leaves at 10 PM back to Oakland.  Confident enough to reserve the guest room at my sister's in California from 2/09 to 2/13 and book her to drive me to and from the airport on Super Bowl Sunday.

Not confident enough to book the round trip to Oakland from Albany, nor get a flight to Vegas that didn't enable me to get a credit if I cancel. Not confident enough to buy a game ticket until the Bills win the AFC. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.