What are the greatest or your favorite sad songs?

BillsPride12

15 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

I was in high school when they got big.  My take on them then was they acted and looked silly and encouraged others to do the same.

This song was pretty good though.   Worth revisiting them I think.  

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, LeviF said:

Ok yeah, but:

love glen campbell but i'll raise you this one and insert this one.

The song was recorded when it was discovered his Alzheimer's was going to be serious. the song is amazing in the background of it; the lyrics had to be simple and on cards for him to read. it took a lot of work to set it up and his old band, the famous "Wrecking Crew" got back together to perform with him. The song is saying that as he loses his capacities he will not miss anyone because he won't know them. the video is an amazing reminiscence of his life which was very well documented in family photos, images, and the clips of movies, shows, and more he was involved with. the energy it took for him to perform this was said to have taken a toll on him.

the song is tremendously powerful. to say that he had the love of his life and all of the greatest in life but will go out not knowing any of this as he is surrounded by all of it - you just have to listen.

• Thank you (+1) 1