NFL wild card weekend TV schedule

Here is the TV schedule for the wild card games. It looks like the Peacock-only games will be on Saturday. 

https://amp.foxsports.com/stories/nfl/nfl-playoff-schedule-bracket

Given that the Bills play Sunday night and assuming we make the playoffs, I have to think there is a good chance we play Sunday or even Monday? 

(I am trying to figure out a way to avoid paying for Peacock again. Also, i will be on a cruise over that weekend, and so I am really hoping we get the MNF game, as I have no idea if I will be able to watch the game while on board).

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Here is the TV schedule for the wild card games. It looks like the Peacock-only games will be on Saturday. 

Given that the Bills play Sunday night and assuming we make the playoffs, I have to think there is a good chance we play Sunday or even Monday? 

(I am trying to figure out a way to avoid paying for Peacock again. Also, i will be on a cruise over that weekend, and so I am really hoping we get the MNF game, as I have no idea if I will be able to watch the game while on board).

If you play Game 272, you can still play on Saturday for the WC.

Take 2021:

Chargers-Raiders - Game 272

Raiders-Bengals - Saturday Wild Card (4:30 PM)

That being said, it is unlikely Bills will play on Peacock again. NBC wants new subscribers. They already got the Buffalo and LA subscribers, who still have their initial month, or who forgot to unsubscribe.

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Greed never ends.  Peacock only for a Saturday night Playoff game?  Seriously?

F A I L. 

Total BS. Many fans don't get Peacock. All playoff games should be CBS, FOX, NBC, ABC, ESPN.

• Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Total BS. Many fans don't get Peacock. All playoff games should be CBS, FOX, NBC, ABC, ESPN.

But the counterargument that the NFL would give is many fans at one point did not get NFL Network, or Amazon Prime.

• Like (+1) 3

i'd expect Jags/Browns to be MNF. Or titans if they somehow win.

short of that eagles/bucs maybe MNF.

they're not wasting the Bills (Allen), Chiefs (Swift), Cowboys (insult), or another team here. I don't expect the NFL to want to displease the Lions anymore this season - so they'll get a premier matchup time, Sunday 4pm kind of deal. Bills are a lock to get that Saturday night game regardless of seed.

17 minutes ago, chongli said:

But the counterargument that the NFL would give is many fans at one point did not get NFL Network, or Amazon Prime.

I remember a time when not every cable provider would carry NFL Network.  

Edited by Just Jack
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

My guess is us on Sunday (assuming w beat Miami).  Steelers, Colts or Texans will have all played on Saturday, so they won’t want to hold our game until Monday.  But it’d be cruel to put us on Saturday, given our Sunday night game in Miami.

My guess is Miami @ KC on Monday, given Miami will have also played on Sunday night.  Browns @ Jags on Saturday.

9 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Can add ESPN to that list too.  Yes the NFL should just turn down money being offered to them so fans can save $6.

Yeah, that's the thing. Until consumers stop buying, the the corporations will keep raising prices or engaging in "shrinkflation".

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

I remember a time when not every cable provider would carry NFL Network.  

In 2007 when the Patriots were 15-0 and headed into the final week to play the Giants, the game was supposed to be Saturday on NFL Network. At the time, many people did not have NFL Network, and some cable companies did not even *offer* NFL Network. There was outrage that people would miss an potential undefeated season, so the decision was made to air the game on CBS and NBC as well.

47 minutes ago, Gregg said:

I dont mind it being on Peacock. But why not have it on both Peacock and NBC. You get more audience from having it on cable and on streaming. I dont understand why they are just to make it one or the other.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Kmart128 said:

I dont mind it being on Peacock. But why not have it on both Peacock and NBC. You get more audience from having it on cable and on streaming. I dont understand why they are just to make it one or the other.

Because it's the only way to get subscribers for that trash service 

39 minutes ago, boyst said:

i'd expect Jags/Browns to be MNF. Or titans if they somehow win.

short of that eagles/bucs maybe MNF.

they're not wasting the Bills (Allen), Chiefs (Swift), Cowboys (insult), or another team here. I don't expect the NFL to want to displease the Lions anymore this season - so they'll get a premier matchup time, Sunday 4pm kind of deal. Bills are a lock to get that Saturday night game regardless of seed.

CLE-JAX would be the perfect Saturday Peacock game. Not big markets so as not to draw even more outrage from the country when they air on Peacock.

As for not displeasing the Lions, there is evidence that the refs were not in error and Dan Cambell tried to trick them.

1 minute ago, Tenhigh said:

Because it's the only way to get subscribers for that trash service 

But does new subscribers really make more than more viewership. I imagine a lot of people will cancel anyways

6 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Because cable/carrier package delivery is dying a slow death.  Slow migration of humans to full streaming which will be done in the next generation.  Make the inroads and drag the older demographic into the the future.  Generational business shifts....corporations have been reading the writing on the wall for a long time.  

Edited by Lagoon Blues

Just now, Lagoon Blues said:

Because cable/carrier package delivery is dying a slow death.  Slow migration of humans to full streaming which will be done in the next generation.  Make the inroads and drag the older demographic into the the future.

I just dont like it. I stream youtube tv. Just dont see the point. Im not with cable. I strean my television and already pay for NBC. Why pay for peacock as well when i get everything else with YouTube tv 

1 hour ago, chongli said:

If you play Game 272, you can still play on Saturday for the WC.

Take 2021:

Chargers-Raiders - Game 272

Raiders-Bengals - Saturday Wild Card (4:30 PM)

That being said, it is unlikely Bills will play on Peacock again. NBC wants new subscribers. They already got the Buffalo and LA subscribers, who still have their initial month, or who forgot to unsubscribe.

I hope you're right.  I don't want to be stuck with radio for a Bills playoff game.  Also, Buffalo is playing the Sunday evening game next weekend.  It's not a big deal, but that makes it a little tougher physically to get ready for a Saturday game the following weekend.

33 minutes ago, chongli said:

Yeah, that's the thing. Until consumers stop buying, the the corporations will keep raising prices or engaging in "shrinkflation".

Add to that, everything you read is how consumers are dumping cable and satellite and going to streaming.  So the NFL is following the trend and putting the game on a streaming platform exactly what everyone is going to.  But now fans are complaining.  Supposedly either in 2024 or 2025 ESPN will launch a standalone streaming service following that trend.

Read an article the other day think it was in Kiplinger how for under $30 could have a decent streaming options of Peacock, Paramount, Hulu and one other one service.  Would allow you to watch network channels through them.  Admittedly this setup didn't do much for sports lovers.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.