So how are we feeling about Coach McDermott?

27 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Um, yes.

Since 2017:

Carroll is 1-4.  20% win percentage.

BB is 5-3

McCarthy is 1-2

Harbaugh is 1-4

Payton is 3-4

Tomlin is 0-3

McVay 7-3

Shanny is 6-3

So at this point, by your playoff win% standards, McD is like a top 5 coach in the NFL. The only coaches with more or the same or more playoff games and a better playoff record since 2017 is McVay, Shanny, BB and Reid.

Try to actually compare him to other coaches with the same standard. You call the stats deceptive, but what they really do is paint a picture you don't like.

Folks love to say how good Tomlin and Harbaugh are, and they've won like 2 playoff games in a decade.  But hey, if that's good, McD is elite lmao,

Criteria is wins and games.

When you have a ring it puts you in a different category. Go through your list and count who has a ring FireChans. 

I'll stand behind McD isn't elite come playoff time. You can compare other coaches and stats. 13 seconds and the Cinci thrashing just can't be dismissed as a whatever. Is that elite in your eyes? 

There's only one thing that will convince me that McD is elite. He's gotta bring that Lombardi Trophy to Buffalo. 

I guess we will disagree to disagree. Good day sir. 

1 hour ago, Lionel Hutz said:

My opinion hasn't changed at all. His team still shows it has trouble closing out games against bad teams the last two weeks.

I'm probably in the minority here, but short of winning a Super Bowl I think he shouldn't return next season. It's understandable that a lot of Bills fans are just happy to make the playoffs after all the losing seasons we had before Allen got here, but you really should want more from this team.

At least I'm not all alone here. I agree. The McD show has run its course. Great run but it's time to finish what he started. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

32 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

Only three coaches ALL TIME in the Super Bowl era above 60% winning in the regular season have never won a conference championship game. I don't even need to only include coaches partial data and exclude franchise QB's to arrive at this stat. You can twist this anyway you want. McD has been trash in the playoffs and only in the same ball park as Marty. Keep fighting that fight.

Amen Mike! Thanks for reassuring my thoughts. 

22 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Good thing Sean’s gonna win it this year.

See you at the parade.

They could easily be on their couches watching TV after Sunday. 

I hope not to the max. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I think it’s absolutely reasonable to want a new voice in the locker room.

I thought it was more reasonable to want it when the team was dead in the water 8 weeks ago.

But it’s not necessary to believe McD is a loser and a bad coach to want a change.

The Eagles fired Reid famously despite being pretty successful because they never got over the hump. The Eagles won a Super Bowl before Reid did and got to a second.

Does that mean Sirianni or Pederson are better coaches than Reid? Of course not. And no one would argue that, unless they were hell-bent on being foolish.

Time will tell on those. And I’m not making that point as saying that either of them will surpass Reid for wins in a career. Most coaches in the modern NFL won’t ever get a chance to coach as long as Reid has. But either of those coaches could seriously make arguments for number of Super Bowl wins over Reid. The point is, it’s foolish to expect that anyone that replaces McD should need to be a Super Bowl winning coach. His replacement could just as easily be a young and up and coming coach. Like McDaniel, Siriani, McVay, Taylor, etc. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

When you have a ring it puts you in a different category. Go through your list and count who has a ring FireChans. 

I'll stand behind McD isn't elite come playoff time. You can compare other coaches and stats. 13 seconds and the Cinci thrashing just can't be dismissed as a whatever. Is that elite in your eyes? 

There's only one thing that will convince me that McD is elite. He's gotta bring that Lombardi Trophy to Buffalo. 

I guess we will disagree to disagree. Good day sir. 

At least I'm not all alone here. I agree. The McD show has run its course. Great run but it's time to finish what he started. 

In all seriousness, what current NFL head coaches would you take over McD next season?

4 minutes ago, mrags said:

Time will tell on those. And I’m not making that point as saying that either of them will surpass Reid for wins in a career. Most coaches in the modern NFL won’t ever get a chance to coach as long as Reid has. But either of those coaches could seriously make arguments for number of Super Bowl wins over Reid. The point is, it’s foolish to expect that anyone that replaces McD should need to be a Super Bowl winning coach. His replacement could just as easily be a young and up and coming coach. Like McDaniel, Siriani, McVay, Taylor, etc. 

you think Sirianni could seriously make an argument for number of Super Bowl wins, when he’s never won one?

I agree a young up and comer is possible.  I also know that when 5-6 new HC's are hired every year, the data tells us almost all of them will be worse coaches than McD.

Edited by FireChans

12 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I think it’s absolutely reasonable to want a new voice in the locker room.

I thought it was more reasonable to want it when the team was dead in the water 8 weeks ago.

But it’s not necessary to believe McD is a loser and a bad coach to want a change.

The Eagles fired Reid famously despite being pretty successful because they never got over the hump. The Eagles won a Super Bowl before Reid did and got to a second.

Does that mean Sirianni or Pederson are better coaches than Reid? Of course not. And no one would argue that, unless they were hell-bent on being foolish.

Great post.

That's pretty much how I see it. McD is a solid coach and above average but change is needed. I think the time has come for a new regime. I think the McD message has lost it's muster and effectiveness. I have no doubt McD will be successful coaching a middle of the road team. I think he'd be a great Charger coach. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Best coach since Levy. He addressed the Dorsey problem. He’s had a few blunders but his defense has kept us in games all year despite the offense being inconsistent. Still needs to be better at clock management but the team has rallied behind him especially after the Tyler Dunn article. IMO it’s his best coaching job in his tenure. 

5 minutes ago, FireChans said:

you think Sirianni could seriously make an argument for number of Super Bowl wins, when he’s never won one?

I agree a young up and comer is possible.  I also know that when 5-6 new HC's are hired every year, the data tells us almost all of them will be worse coaches than McD.

He coaches one of the better teams in the nfl. He’s been there before. He’s got a hot young QB and a very solid team. He is in the NFC and in the Eastern division, there’s definitely a chance he’s going to be back. If the argument is that he won’t be as good or make it back to the Super Bowl because of teams like the 49ers. That brings me back to another coach like Shanahan. Another guy that was never a SB winning coach so apparently he never should have got his job either. Yet here he is killing it with Mr Irrelevant at QB. Meanwhile, McD has arguably the best 1-3 QBs in the league and McD is in a win to get in situation in week 18. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillMafia716ix said:

Best coach since Levy. He addressed the Dorsey problem. He’s had a few blunders but his defense has kept us in games all year despite the offense being inconsistent. Still needs to be better at clock management but the team has rallied behind him especially after the Tyler Dunn article. IMO it’s his best coaching job in his tenure. 

You do realize that the Bills are hanging on to dear life to make the playoffs? 

It's been a roller coaster of a ride this year. The consistency of the team has been disappointing. Coaching has to share some of the blame. McD has seemingly been very and very bad with not a lot of in between. 

The team's run going into Sunday has been impressive. Hope it's not too little too late. 

This Sunday will tell us a lot about the team and it's coaches. 

6 minutes ago, BillMafia716ix said:

The same defense that allowed teams like the Pats, Broncos, Eagles to come back and beat us with no time left? Asking for a friend. 

Just now, newcam2012 said:

It's been a roller coaster of a ride this year. The consistency of the team has been disappointing. Coaching has to share some of the blame. McD has seemingly been very and very bad with not a lot of in between. 

The team's run going into Sunday has been impressive. Hope it's not too little too late. 

100% where I’m at. 

I have no doubt that McD COULD get to a Super Bowl. And even win one, especially with a QB like Allen. But I don’t have faith that he could do it on a regular basis enough to let him keep his job. More like him getting lucky than anything else. He just seems like when not absolutely everything goes his way he has troubles. 

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I don't fear the unknown. I'd be willing to hire a new creative young offensive mind.

Ben Johnson is at the top of the list. He makes Geoff look special. Imagine what he can do with Allen. 

7 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

A lot of those losses earlier in the season was due to the offense being bad. He fired Dorsey because of it. He doesn’t get credit for that?

• Disagree 1

13 minutes ago, mrags said:

He coaches one of the better teams in the nfl. He’s been there before. He’s got a hot young QB and a very solid team. He is in the NFC and in the Eastern division, there’s definitely a chance he’s going to be back. If the argument is that he won’t be as good or make it back to the Super Bowl because of teams like the 49ers. That brings me back to another coach like Shanahan. Another guy that was never a SB winning coach so apparently he never should have got his job either. Yet here he is killing it with Mr Irrelevant at QB. Meanwhile, McD has arguably the best 1-3 QBs in the league and McD is in a win to get in situation in week 18. 

He might win 1 SB, sure. So might Shanahan.

But neither have won yet.

And only 4 coaches in NFL history have won 3 or more.

There's much better odds that neither ever win than they ever surpass Reid.  Like infinitely higher. Like a $5 bet would win you $5 million type odds.

McD, if he wins this week (which he will) will be the two seed. The Eagles have next to no chance of winning their division and will be the fifth seed. Patrick Mahomes, the best QB in football, can't get higher than the third seed.

I wouldn't touch Sirianni with a ten foot pole tbh. I think he's a supremely overrated coach with one of the most talented rosters in football, and this gigantic falter at the end of the season is largely a coaching issue.

Like I said, if you want a coaching change, that's fine.

IMO, you can't argue McD isn't a current top 10 head coach in the NFL.  Like easily. 

I challenge anyone to name more than 9 coaches they would rather have than McD. 

The funny thing is some folks will say they wouldn't want BB as a HC next year, then say that jamokes like Harbaugh and Tomlin are better coaches than McD because they won a Superbowl a decade ago. It's contradiction city.

Edited by FireChans
  • Vomit 1

9 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I don't fear the unknown. I'd be willing to hire a new creative young offensive mind.

Ben Johnson is at the top of the list. He makes Geoff look special. Imagine what he can do with Allen. 

Completely fair.

Here's a list of the HC's hired in the last 3 seasons.

Ryans

Gannon

Reich

Steichen

Daboll

O'Connell

McDaniel

Eberflus

Staley

Saleh

Smith

McDaniels

Campbell

That list has 3 playoff wins between them.  Now obviously, a lot of those teams are mediocre to bad, which is why they were in the head coaching market to begin with.

But how many of those guys have bright futures in the league, in your opinion?

Probably Steichen, McDaniel, Ryans and maaaaaaaybe O'Connell/Daboll.

Campbell will probably be a solid HC, I don't think he's spectacular.

Reich, McDaniels, Smith, Saleh, Eberflus, Staley are/were all disasters.

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

Good thing Sean’s gonna win it this year.

See you at the parade.

Want nothing more than to be horrifically wrong. Good attitude. 👍 

Edited by Mikie2times

3 minutes ago, FireChans said:

He might win 1 SB, sure. So might Shanahan.

But neither have won yet.

And only 4 coaches in NFL history have won 3 or more.

There's much better odds that neither ever win than they ever surpass Reid.  Like infinitely higher. Like a $5 bet would win you $5 million type odds.

McD, if he wins this week (which he will) will be the two seed. The Eagles have next to no chance of winning their division and will be the fifth seed. Patrick Mahomes, the best QB in football, can't get higher than the third seed.

I wouldn't touch Sirianni with a ten foot pole tbh. I think he's a supremely overrated coach with one of the most talented rosters in football, and this gigantic falter at the end of the season is largely a coaching issue.

Like I said, if you want a coaching change, that's fine.

IMO, you can't argue McD isn't a current top 10 head coach in the NFL.  Like easily. 

I challenge anyone to name more than 9 coaches they would rather have than McD. 

The funny thing is some folks will say they wouldn't want BB as a HC next year, then say that jamokes like Harbaugh and Tomlin are better coaches than McD because they won a Superbowl a decade ago. It's contradiction city.

If the odds are that bad against 2 coaches that have actually made the Super Bowl, then what are they against a guy that has never been there as a HC like McDermott? I’ll take the bet now I guess. I’ll give you $5 and you pay me like $20m if he wins it. Fair? 

I do not think McD is a top 10 coach. I believe he benefits from having his dream defense between draft picks and free agency and completely lives off the offense the way it is and his future HOF QB.

but since you asked, here’s a list of coaches I’d rather have than McD, not in any particular order:

McVay

Harbaugh

Taylor

Stefanski

Campbell

Ryans

Pederson

Reid

McDaniel

Shanahan

Daboll

Siriani

Vrabel

Bowles

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, mrags said:

If the odds are that bad against 2 coaches that have actually made the Super Bowl, then what are they against a guy that has never been there as a HC like McDermott? I’ll take the bet now I guess. I’ll give you $5 and you pay me like $20m if he wins it. Fair? 

I do not think McD is a top 10 coach. I believe he benefits from having his dream defense between draft picks and free agency and completely lives off the offense the way it is and his future HOF QB.

but since you asked, here’s a list of coaches I’d rather have than McD, not in any particular order:

McVay

Harbaugh

Taylor

Stefanski

Campbell

Ryans

Pederson

Reid

McDaniel

Shanahan

Daboll

Siriani

Vrabel

Bowles

Gross 🤢 

Just now, mrags said:

McVay

Harbaugh

Taylor

Stefanski

Campbell

Ryans

Pederson

Reid

McDaniel

Shanahan

Daboll

Siriani

Vrabel

Bowles

I'm not arguing that McD will surpass Reid. I think that's insane.

You said you thought Sirianni might. It's possible, but extremely unlikely.  The history of the NFL tells us this.

I'm so glad that you posted a list though.

McVay - fair, think he's a star HC

Harbaugh - living off an SB from a decade ago. 1 playoff win since 2014. He's purple McDermott.

Taylor - meh, he's okay, but I don't think he's special.

Stefanski - 2 winning seasons and 1 playoff win, thought Deshaun Watson was worth a fully guaranteed contract and picks?  Puke.

Campbell - first playoff appearance ever. Nah.

Ryans - great young coach, bright future, fair

Pederson - Living off an SB from 6 years ago, but he's solid I guess. They choked away their division lead.

Reid - yup

McDaniel - never won a playoff game, completely choked away a massive division lead and now in a gigantic week 18 game?  Think he's a good coach but when McD spanks him again, it will be clear he's #2 in the division

Shanny - fair

Daboll - the Giants are harrible. Danny Dimes was a disaster.  He won COTY and one playoff game, so I'll give it to you.

Sirianni - nah, he's looking more and more like a complete fraud. I think it's more likely McD is an HC in 2 years than Sirianni is.

Vrabel - I like Vrabel. I think he can flat out coach and I think his teams are usually really tough. Titans are terrible now. Give it to you.

Bowles - this is a joke, right? Anyone who has ever watched the Buccaneers ever, including Brady's twilight year, would know that Bowles' inexplicable coaching decisions have cost them many games. He was also a disaster in NY and hasn't learned.  No chance.

I think there's 8-9 in here that are arguable.  The Bowles inclusion is absolutely bizarre, I think he's McD with a head injury personally.

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Completely fair.

Here's a list of the HC's hired in the last 3 seasons.

Ryans

Gannon

Reich

Steichen

Daboll

O'Connell

McDaniel

Eberflus

Staley

Saleh

Smith

McDaniels

Campbell

That list has 3 playoff wins between them.  Now obviously, a lot of those teams are mediocre to bad, which is why they were in the head coaching market to begin with.

But how many of those guys have bright futures in the league, in your opinion?

Probably Steichen, McDaniel, Ryans and maaaaaaaybe O'Connell/Daboll.

Campbell will probably be a solid HC, I don't think he's spectacular.

Reich, McDaniels, Smith, Saleh, Eberflus, Staley are/were all disasters.

Nice breakdown. Not a lot to quibble about here. 

I think it boils down to whether you feel a coaching change would be beneficial and worth the risk. Not an easy decision. 

32 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I'm not arguing that McD will surpass Reid. I think that's insane.

You said you thought Sirianni might. It's possible, but extremely unlikely.  The history of the NFL tells us this.

I'm so glad that you posted a list though.

McVay - fair, think he's a star HC

Harbaugh - living off an SB from a decade ago. 1 playoff win since 2014. He's purple McDermott.

Taylor - meh, he's okay, but I don't think he's special.

Stefanski - 2 winning seasons and 1 playoff win, thought Deshaun Watson was worth a fully guaranteed contract and picks?  Puke.

Campbell - first playoff appearance ever. Nah.

Ryans - great young coach, bright future, fair

Pederson - Living off an SB from 6 years ago, but he's solid I guess. They choked away their division lead.

Reid - yup

McDaniel - never won a playoff game, completely choked away a massive division lead and now in a gigantic week 18 game?  Think he's a good coach but when McD spanks him again, it will be clear he's #2 in the division

Shanny - fair

Daboll - the Giants are harrible. Danny Dimes was a disaster.  He won COTY and one playoff game, so I'll give it to you.

Sirianni - nah, he's looking more and more like a complete fraud. I think it's more likely McD is an HC in 2 years than Sirianni is.

Vrabel - I like Vrabel. I think he can flat out coach and I think his teams are usually really tough. Titans are terrible now. Give it to you.

Bowles - this is a joke, right? Anyone who has ever watched the Buccaneers ever, including Brady's twilight year, would know that Bowles' inexplicable coaching decisions have cost them many games. He was also a disaster in NY and hasn't learned.  No chance.

I think there's 8-9 in here that are arguable.  The Bowles inclusion is absolutely bizarre, I think he's McD with a head injury personally.

A fair discussion would also link the QBs on all of their teams as well.  

Then contrast with Allen.  

McD doesn't have Palmer, Dalton, or Ryan to work with.  He has Allen.  

Is he making the most of that opportunity?  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

A truly fair discussion would also list their entire teams including their QB. But I don't think TBD supports that bandwidth.

If we switch McD and Shanny only, and keep everything else the same, are their records much different? Maybe.

If we switch McD and Sirianni, and keep everything else the same, are their records much different?  I believe so, in McD's favor.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, FireChans said:

A truly fair discussion would also list their entire teams including their QB. But I don't think TBD supports that bandwidth.

If we switch McD and Shanny only, and keep everything else the same, are their records much different? Maybe.

If we switch McD and Sirianni, and keep everything else the same, are their records much different?  I believe so, in McD's favor.

This is where we differ. I feel like if you switched McD with anyone of those coaches they would be the same or worse than all of them. 

22 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Thank you. Of all the arguments about those coaches and what they’ve accomplished. None of them (minus Reid, or maybe Taylor) have a QB with the talent and upside of Allen. He’s being wasted by this defensive minded, play not to lose, conservative waste of a coach. But he gives great speeches and he’s a really great guy so I guess we should keep him. 

• Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, mrags said:

This is where we differ. I feel like if you switched McD with anyone of those coaches they would be the same or worse than all of them. 

Thank you. Of all the arguments about those coaches and what they’ve accomplished. None of them (minus Reid, or maybe Taylor) have a QB with the talent and upside of Allen. He’s being wasted by this defensive minded, play not to lose, conservative waste of a coach. But he gives great speeches and he’s a really great guy so I guess we should keep him. 

You think the Eagles would have a bottom 2 defense in the NFL with McD out there?

Man oh man.

Not too mention killing McD for being "conservative" (he isn't, really) but taking Bowles over him?

Wild stuff. Respect your opinion but I think we are seeing vastly different things.

Edited by FireChans
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

You think the Eagles would have a bottom 2 defense in the NFL with McD out there?

Man oh man.

Not too mention killing McD for being "conservative" (he isn't, really) but taking Bowles over him?

Wild stuff. Respect your opinion but I think we are seeing vastly different things.

Yeah we are. You see a guy that you want to keep at all costs because he brought the team out of the abyss. I see a guy that’s hindering our chances of moving forward and not winning meaningful games. 

Edited by mrags
  • Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, mrags said:

Yeah we are. You see a guy that you want to keep at all costs because he brought the team out of the abyss. I see a guy that’s hindering our chances of moving forward and not winning meaningful games. 

This week is pretty meaningful. I bet he wins.

41 minutes ago, FireChans said:

So iyo McD is optimizing Allen then?

2 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

So iyo McD is optimizing Allen then?

No. But imo no coach in the NFL is optimizing any of their teams right now, except maybe Harbaugh and the Ravens and Shanny and the Niners.

• Eyeroll 1

13 minutes ago, FireChans said:

No. But imo no coach in the NFL is optimizing any of their teams right now, except maybe Harbaugh and the Ravens and Shanny and the Niners.

Sounds like a little hedging there.

🤨🤔😁

The others don't have Allen.

9 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

I feel real good about this game, I don't care how we win it.... Just win it!!! I also really like our chances in the playoffs also. It seems like team offense all around the league is down a bit this year with a few exceptions obviously.

We should.

Miami's coming in with one receiver, one RB, the receiver they are fielding injured, an injured QB.  They're as decimated by injuries as they've been all season.  

If we can't win it, it'll make a bigger statement going the other way.  

Winning is expected for this game, we're the better team in better shape.  

Edited by PBF81
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, mrags said:

Ok. Then let’s see how he does in the playoffs against real playoff teams. 

Miami is a playoff team.  They have your boy McDaniel who you think is a better coach. Unfortunately, he gets dog walked by McD.

Only meaningful if we lose, I guess.

13 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Sounds like a little hedging there.

🤨🤔😁

The others don't have Allen.

We should.

Miami's coming in with one receiver, one RB, the receiver they are fielding injured, an injured QB.  They're as decimated by injuries as they've been all season.  

If we can't win it, it'll make a bigger statement going the other way.  

Winning is expected for this game, we're the better team in better shape.  

No they just have Lamar Jackson, a soon to be 2 time MVP.  And an offensive roster that is vastly better than ours at almost every position in the case of the Niners.

It's not hedging at all. The Ravens and Niners are playing excellent football right now. The Bills are not.

That may not be the case in two weeks. We'll find out.

We know that the Ravens have endured multiple disappointing seasons with Harbaugh not optimizing his team and/or Lamar and here there are now. Same with the Niners. That's the NFL.

Edited by FireChans

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

Miami is a playoff team.  They have your boy McDaniel who you think is a better coach. Unfortunately, he gets dog walked by McD.

Oh I have no doubt they will win this week. And win some games in the playoffs. And then he’ll turtle up like the ultra conservative coach he is later in the playoffs. Taking FGs whenever he gets the chance. Punting from the 45 yard line to play the field position game. Not utilizing Superman at the QB position. Having terrible clock management and taking terrible timeouts at horrible times. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, FireChans said:

No they just have Lamar Jackson, a soon to be 2 time MVP.  And an offensive roster that is vastly better than ours at almost every position in the case of the Niners.

It's not hedging at all. The Ravens and Niners are playing excellent football right now. The Bills are not.

That may not be the case in two weeks. We'll find out.

We know that the Ravens have endured multiple disappointing seasons with Harbaugh not optimizing his team and/or Lamar and here there are now. Same with the Niners. That's the NFL.

Which skill positions on the Ravens are better than ours?

Also, I thought you just said that's they were also underachieving?  

You seem to be arguing against yourself here.  

3 minutes ago, mrags said:

Oh I have no doubt they will win this week. And win some games in the playoffs. And then he’ll turtle up like the ultra conservative coach he is later in the playoffs. Taking FGs whenever he gets the chance. Punting from the 45 yard line to play the field position game. Not utilizing Superman at the QB position. Having terrible clock management and taking terrible timeouts at horrible times. 

Sean McDermott ranked 8th in fourth down aggression index a few years ago. Kinda tough to argue with that stat.

2 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Which skill positions on the Ravens are better than ours?

Also, I thought you just said that's they were also underachieving?  

You seem to be arguing against yourself here.  

What? I said the Niners. Did you read my post?

11 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Sean McDermott ranked 8th in fourth down aggression index a few years ago. Kinda tough to argue with that stat.

What? I said the Niners. Did you read my post?

How many FGs last week? 5. Thought so. How many pints near mid field? Thought so. 

just stop. You obviously aren’t going to change my mind and I’m obviously not going to change yours. 

I hope I’m wrong and McD proves me wrong. And if he does I’ll gladly say I was wrong. The question is, if he fails again at the worst time like .13 seconds, like multiple other screw ups. When it means the most. How will you react. You still going to make excuses for him? 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, mrags said:

How many FGs last week? 5. Thought so. How many pints near mid field? Thought so. 

just stop. You obviously aren’t going to change my mind and I’m obviously not going to change yours. 

I hope I’m wrong and McD proves me wrong. And if he does I’ll gladly say I was wrong. The question is, if he fails again at the worst time like .13 seconds, like multiple other screw ups. When it means the most. How will you react. You still going to make excuses for him? 

I don’t know. Depends on what happens.

I will laugh at the Harbaugh love if they get bounced in the playoffs again early and ask if he’s still such a better coach.

I’ll also laugh when McDaniel gets trounced and bounced and ask if he’s still such a better coach.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.