Ravens Honoring Ray Rice On Sunday

Mango

I lived in Baltimore for 12 years. After this happened I went to a bar with a friend and saw a girl wearing a Rice jersey. My buddy asked the girl why she’d wear that and she had no clue what he was talking about. 

Not sure what the point of the story is, but there were a lot of bandwagon fans in Ravens country. At work, they were allowed to wear jerseys on Friday. When I asked who they were playing, I’d rarely get the information I was requesting. 

I’d say there will be a healthy amount of people cheering his name on gameday and not even know about his past. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Interesting topic. When someone does something like Rice did, is it okay to forgive them? Are they allowed to be part of society and even recognized for past accomplishments? Or are they to be shunned by society forever? 

What's wrong with having Vick in for a training camp visit?

You raise an interesting point. I’ve never done anything as bad as Rice and couldn’t imagine ever hitting a woman. But I won’t want to be judged forever by the worst moment of my life. It’s just weird to celebrate him.

also the biggest thing I hate in the world are hypocrites. It’s a huge problem in this country. A lot of people called Rice every name on the book. Yet they love a guy like Dana White (on video hitting his wife) get a pass and hangs out with the ex president at high profile events.

4 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Interesting topic. When someone does something like Rice did, is it okay to forgive them? Are they allowed to be part of society and even recognized for past accomplishments? 

Not on this board. The number of moralistic posters preaching from high horses from behind a keyboard while they’ve got their closets locked nice and tight is impressive. At least Ray Rice owned his horrendous actions and has tried to make amends post-NFL. Ray Lewis probably killed a guy and they built a statue to him. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Mango said:

I had to do a double take to make sure I wasn’t seeing this on a meme page but it’s happening. 

I generally like the Ravens and Lamar. But this is a terrible look. What’s next? Tyreek Hill getting the Presidential Medal of Honor?

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/ravens-will-honor-ray-rice-on-sunday

Even Rutgers whose college football program has plenty of shady dealings seems to want no part of him anymore 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.