FREE POONA FORD

Pete

5 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Back not all that long ago there was a Chinese restaurant on Monroe Ave in Rochester/Brighton called the house of Poon…

Are you sure it was a restaurant or is restaurant a euphemism? (nudge, nudge, wink, wink)

Honestly I'm just glad to see the Bills D both playing better and getting healthier.

DaQuan should be back soon and I'm hoping for Micah and Epenesa's returns too.

Edited by Sierra Foothills
  • Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Pete said:

Poona makes plays the few times he gets chances.  Poona had a huge sack against San Diego, and he set up Oliver on another.

Yet Poona has been inactive most of this season.  What is up with that?

I am no scout, but IMO Poona splashes and outplays Settle and Phillips.  Poona moving up depth chart is a no brainer IMO

Why isn’t Poona active every game?

Merry Christmas 

Welcome to the board, Mr Poona’s agent. 

6 hours ago, NewEra said:

From my memory- Phillips was always hurt in Az and I don’t remember ever seeing him play.

pretty sure I recall Rousseau playing some inside at the start but I could be wrong.  

I think now could be a good time as we might be down a legit 3T (while having 4 1Ts in daquan, Joseph, settle and Poona).  Having Floyd, Von, Aj and Shaq at DE along with Rousseau could allow more versatility.  

just a thought 

Von stinks and Phillips can’t play more than 3 games w/o getting hurt.  In the playoffs we will be better w AJ and Poona both playing.  God I hate Von.  I think Bruce Smith w a week of practice could still outplay him right now. 

36 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Von stinks and Phillips can’t play more than 3 games w/o getting hurt.  In the playoffs we will be better w AJ and Poona both playing.  God I hate Von.  I think Bruce Smith w a week of practice could still outplay him right now. 

You hate Von…… Grow up.  

• Eyeroll 1

3 hours ago, CSBill said:

Welcome to the board, Mr Poona’s agent. 

I actually thought it was his mom

1 hour ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

You literally hate a player because they suffered an injury and have not returned the form

You must live a sad life

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

12 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Are you sure it was a restaurant or is restaurant a euphemism? (nudge, nudge, wink, wink)

Honestly I'm just glad to see the Bills D both playing better and getting healthier.

DaQuan should be back soon and I'm hoping for Micah and Epenesa's returns too.

Our problem with our D right now is the back side, especially the safety position.  Poyer looks old and seems to have lost a step. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ganesh said:

Our problem with our D right now is the back side, especially the safety position.  Poyer looks old and seems to have lost a step. 

That might be the case but the D is playing as well as they have all season right now. I think Poyer has bounced back a bit and both Lewis and Rapp have been better than I expected.

My biggest concern on the defense is that they not incur any more injuries.

I agree that long term the Bills have to successfully transition to a post-Poyer/Hyde era.

On 12/25/2023 at 8:37 AM, CEN-CAL17 said:

I 100% agree. There are players that solely dress out for Kickoff coverage…. Just have Bass kick it through the endzone and dress guys that can contribute to the other 58+ plays on defense, or offense.

Curious as to who these guys are specifically. Would appreciate you or any of the others that agree with you to identify the players that dress out solely for the 5 or 6 or so kickoffs every week. Thanks.

15 hours ago, NewEra said:

You hate Von…… Grow up.  

Von is not a very good football player in 2023.  He is a below average player in 2023.

watch a Bills game and you will hear Bernard make a play, Taron, Oliver, Poona…but you never see Von make plays in 2023

6 hours ago, ganesh said:

Our top 3 corners and Poyer are all playing pretty dam good.  Seems to my like our biggest problem is being properly schemed against on certain plays.  

5 minutes ago, Pete said:

Von is not a very good football player in 2023.  He is a below average player in 2023.

watch a Bills game and you will hear Bernard make a play, Taron, Oliver, Poona…but you never see Von make plays in 2023

I suggest you rewatch the cheifs game. He forced 2 3rd down incompletions with his pass rush and forced another incompletion on the chiefs final drive, the play after Toney’s offside.  

I don’t know if the announcers ever mention a players name.  I listen to beats while watching the game.  

he’s definitely not playing up to his contract.  He’s mid 30s coming off a torn acl.  He’s working his tail off to get back to form and that wasn’t likely to happen in 2023.

Do you “hate” him because he tore his acl and isn’t playing like a pro bowler?  If not, why do you hate him?  

Edited by NewEra

3 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

That might be the case but the D is playing as well as they have all season right now. I think Poyer has bounced back a bit and both Lewis and Rapp have been better than I expected.

My biggest concern on the defense is that they not incur any more injuries.

I agree that long term the Bills have to successfully transition to a post-Poyer/Hyde era.

Add the DL to that.  Who do we retain/replace.  Floyd, Aj, Shaq, Daquan, Phillips, Poona, settle, Joseph are all free agents.  

the DL has been the key to our success imo 

• Like (+1) 1

When Jones went down they plugged Ford into the one tech spot and he was a complete non-factor. The Bills for several games after the Jones injury were getting gashed badly up the middle with Ford attempting to be the team's primary run stuffer. It got to the point where McBeane wisely brought in Joseph to stop the bleeding and Ford was made inactive. Ford was also given some rotational snaps in the first few games of the season and was not good so he became inactive. 

So I completely understood why Ford was made inactive once Joseph was brought in. But I will say this, Ford did have a nice game against the Chargers. So maybe, he just need a little more time to work out his injury or whatever the heck has caused him to have back-to-back down years (his last year in Seattle in 2022 he was less effective and thus far until the Chargers game this season he was a non-factor).

I know the Bills only carry 4 DT's so once Jones comes back and is ready to take rotational snaps the Bills will have to decide on if they should make Ford or Settle inactive. Honestly, while I think Settle has been a decent rotational DT, I would rather give Ford the rotational snaps just to see if he is truly there. But if Jones doesn't come back for the Pats game (which is very possible) then both Ford and Settle will be active and I say give the snaps to whomever is playing better. 

Edited by billsfan89
  • Like (+1) 1

On 12/25/2023 at 1:50 PM, Don Otreply said:

Back not all that long ago there was a Chinese restaurant on Monroe Ave in Rochester/Brighton called the house of Poon…, 

There is a Chinese restaurant in Myrtle Beach SC named the Ho Wah. Been there for years. Maybe they're owned by the same family. 😂

• Haha (+1) 1

On 12/25/2023 at 11:12 PM, NewEra said:

You hate Von…… Grow up.  

What are you his mother or father?  

Its a figure of speech big boy.  Von has had a good career.  But I never loved his game.  More of a Demarcus Ware and Chris Doleman fan to be honest as far as where Von's ranks historically with the best DE's.  But that's one man's opinion.   But what is fact is that Von Miller should not be out on the football field right now.  Maybe next year he will be closer to what he used to be.  But right now he needs to try and get well.  Any other player on the team who was playing w that little effort and effect would not be playing for long.  

43 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

What are you his mother or father?  

Its a figure of speech big boy.  Von has had a good career.  But I never loved his game.  More of a Demarcus Ware and Chris Doleman fan to be honest as far as where Von's ranks historically with the best DE's.  But that's one man's opinion.   But what is fact is that Von Miller should not be out on the football field right now.  Maybe next year he will be closer to what he used to be.  But right now he needs to try and get well.  Any other player on the team who was playing w that little effort and effect would not be playing for long.  

I hate him is a figure of speech.  🤣

🤷🏻‍♂️ I don’t understand why anyone would say that….. unless they have some first hand knowledge of his off field incidents being true.  

10 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I hate him is a figure of speech.  🤣

🤷🏻‍♂️ I don’t understand why anyone would say that….. unless they have some first hand knowledge of his off field incidents being true.  

The “hate “ thing is child’s slang, promoted and used by children of various ages…

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.