Who is the Tallest & Fastest WR in the World, Historically and Present?

Milanos Milano

In all reality, catching what is thrown to the receiver is the number one attribute for any WR, the other things certainly help but…, 

3 hours ago, Mango said:

Megatron was an absolute stud. But there is a reason I said Moss was the most talented WR ever and not the best WR ever. 

Other guys have gotten close to Moss or surpassed him based on consistent working as close as possible to their ceiling. But I don't think there was a better WR in the history of the sport than try hard Randy Moss. 

I cannot argue with that Bills Brother

4 hours ago, MPL said:

He was for one play against the Jacksonville Jaguars, and that's how I'll choose to remember him. 

So zay Jones was good for us

Being a good person and good football player aren't a package deal lol

4 hours ago, Araiza Curse said:

He had 4 seasons with 1k yards, will mark him down as elite for now. 
Do you have a link to approximate 40 time? I can’t find anything about his speed other than he was a 100m champion. 

He actually ran the 100 yard dash back in the day.   I don't think it was meters yet

And they did say he ran a 10 second.. 

I've never seen a 40 time for him so I just extrapolated it... 4.5 something seems right 

3 minutes ago, Araiza Curse said:

Obviously this is true, but I was really curious if being fast and tall would help find some statistical advantage for success. 

Ah, good enough 👍

14 hours ago, mrags said:

Calvin Johnson was a cheat code. The best WR I’ve ever seen play and it’s not even close. I don’t care what the arguments are for Rice. Johnson would have destroyed every Rice record if he played 17 years. Which would have been 4 years less than Rice. Dude was a monster. 

Given his averages Johnson would have come up 200 receptions, 700 yards, and 39 touchdowns short of all of the records.   Also cant imagine a wideout that large would have played until 38, but thats just me. 

I think Johnson used his natural size and speed to overpower guys, but his hands were pretty average.     I think Moss was more naturally gifted. 

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

Given his averages Johnson would have come up 200 receptions, 700 yards, and 39 touchdowns short of all of the records.   Also cant imagine a wideout that large would have played until 38, but thats just me. 

I think Johnson used his natural size and speed to overpower guys, but his hands were pretty average.     I think Moss was more naturally gifted. 

So… playing 4 hears less he’d be only 700 yards short. That’s 1 season right there, or maybe just some phenomenal years in the middle to make up for it. Same thing with the receptions and TDs. 2-3 years at the most and he has those as well. Not to mention the passing game in the league has become more and more wide open now than even when he played. Yes, I know that argument is there for Rice as well. But Rice played until he was 40+. He was also on teams that were more ahead of their times than anyone else in the league at the time. Maybe the Oilers were close. But nobody was slinging it like the 49ers were back in the day. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, mrags said:

So… playing 4 hears less he’d be only 700 yards short. That’s 1 season right there, or maybe just some phenomenal years in the middle to make up for it. Same thing with the receptions and TDs. 2-3 years at the most and he has those as well. Not to mention the passing game in the league has become more and more wide open now than even when he played. Yes, I know that argument is there for Rice as well. But Rice played until he was 40+. He was also on teams that were more ahead of their times than anyone else in the league at the time. Maybe the Oilers were close. But nobody was slinging it like the 49ers were back in the day. 

Aside from TO I am not sure I've ever seen a more physical wideout than Megatron but its just too many what ifs to even have the discussion about Rice's records.    Even though Johnson didnt exactly play in the most wide open version of the NFL, it had become pretty modernized by the time he was in his prime.    Detroit with Stafford were throwing the ball a good 200 times more a year than the 49ers were with Montana and Rice.    Not to mention Rice played in a time where defensive backs were allowed to play a lot more physical game.   Even when considering Johnson's career if he had played a few more years, you just cant account for the possible injuries. 

I think it says even more for Rice that he wasnt a genetic freak like Megatron, TO, or Moss.  

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Aside from TO I am not sure I've ever seen a more physical wideout than Megatron but its just too many what ifs to even have the discussion about Rice's records.    Even though Johnson didnt exactly play in the most wide open version of the NFL, it had become pretty modernized by the time he was in his prime.    Detroit with Stafford were throwing the ball a good 200 times more a year than the 49ers were with Montana and Rice.    Not to mention Rice played in a time where defensive backs were allowed to play a lot more physical game.   Even when considering Johnson's career if he had played a few more years, you just cant account for the possible injuries. 

I think it says even more for Rice that he wasnt a genetic freak like Megatron, TO, or Moss.  

I’m not sure I’ve ever seen someone doubled and triple covered so much as Megatron and he would still come down with it. The defenses knew it was going there and there was nothing they could do to stop it. I’m not arguing that Rice wasn’t amazing. I’m arguing that Megatron was the most dominant WR that I’ve ever seen play. Different kinds of players. Still, if I was choosing an all time team and I had my first shot at any WR to ever play the game. It’s would be Megatron and it wouldn’t be close for me. In fact I’d pick multiple other WRs over Rice in that scenario. Moss, Owens, Harrison for sure. Guys like Hill are the new Rices. Amazing at route running and just so damn fast. In the end, Hill may have a shot at some records if he stays healthy and his speed doesn’t drop off a cliff. 

• Like (+1) 1

are we forgetting the guy on the texans, was it andre johnson?

he was so friggen good, but i suppose 6'3 and 4.41 speed.

he was HUGE tho, like 230.

as great as all these guys were, i think T owens might be the best wr ever.

every team he played on he made their O way better, even the bills!

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.