Steelers Damontae Kazee Suspended Rest of Season

BuffaloBillyG

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Not according to Tom Brady, but hey, what the hell does he know...he is only the best to ever do it...guess I should listen to the random internet dude who knows so much more.

image.thumb.png.79531447f0129ce1ffd33f22a1a5ca16.png

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/nfl/article-12873393/tom-brady-damontae-kazee-colts-steelers-nfl.html

Laughable. Tom Brady threw more balls into open zone areas than anyone. He was just a lot better at it than Minshew was on that particular play. And it’s not like Brady never threw a bad ball that made his receivers vulnerable, either. 

Sorry random internet dude, but if Kazee doesn’t take the cheap shot, it’s just another overthrown pass and you’re not giving a crap about anything Tom Brady has to say on the matter. 

That was one of the worst hits you will ever see against a player and defenseless as possible with his defenseless momentum screaming forward. I do wonder how any hit could been placed on Pitman in that situation? If you were coming at him straight on your target is basically his head. You have no other target. He was on the same plan as the ground but vertical. He could have attempted to target the ball, but any collision in that position would have been bad. Difficult play.  

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Well maybe the rule should be refreshed to include intent with these sort of hits that are known to be injury causing, what ya think in this sort of case? 

So disregarding overt hits to cause harm is okay then…, it goes both ways, 

Maybe NFLPA association should stop defending players that intentionally other players. 

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, Blackbeard said:

Very brutal.  And not condoning the hit like that.

What was his other option though?  Slow down and then hit him? (NOT being sarcastic)

The problem is defenders always wanting the big HIT.  Not tackle, not down by mere contact, they want the big punishing HIT.  

With the receiver diving like that, he's already going to the ground so all a big hit accomplishes is an attempt to jar the ball loose.  Problem is a pass breakup by decapitation is easier than actually having to make a more skillful, less career shortening and less highlight reel making play.

13 hours ago, Steptide said:

People were rolling their eyes at me on Saturday when I said he should be ejected for that hit. If that was one of our players, people would be out of their minds 

I thought Dodson should've been ejected for this.  Clearly intentional to lead with helmet there imo.  Dirty play.

5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I thought Dodson should've been ejected for this.  Clearly intentional to lead with helmet there imo.  Dirty play.

Yeah, led with his helmet. He could easily have ended up sitting out the rest of the game.

• Agree 1

19 hours ago, Rigotz said:

The penalty seemed a little harsh ... until I looked at his history:

https://www.si.com/nfl/steelers/news/nfl-fines-pittsburgh-steelers-damontae-kazee-fifth-time#:~:text=Kazee was one of nine,of which have been %2411%2C806.

Prior to this hit, he was fined 5 separate times for unnecessary roughness this season.

There's a clear history and intent here. This last one could have paralyzed his opponent. The suspension was the correct move.

Thanks for posting this.  The suspension seems like way too much for just this one incident, but it makes a lot more sense when you learn that this guy has been fined repeatedly and the message isn't getting through.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.