My wife has been diagnosed with COVID

Punching Bag

The diagnose came from a home test kit so she is planning on retesting,

We had been planning to fly to Hawaii Monday morning but that is cancelled.

Southwest Airlines gives you infinite time to redeem credits; I heard this from another airline and then they changed rules when there were too many credits.

Southwest Vacations gives you 13 months credit minus full cost at hotel for a day.  Very odd that is not spelled out in contract but use a bunch of shorthand in what they send you AFTER you make reservation - I checked hotel and it basically 1 day notice.  Looks next vacations have to be taken with Southwest Vacations so I want to go someplace Southwest does not go it will be difficult.

I

I hope she’s not feeling too bad. I’m not sure how many times I’ve had it now. The first time was by far the worst. I don’t even test any more. We went on a trip and we got it, I told the wife we had it so she kept testing. Negative means nothing, because on the 3rd or 4th time it was positive. If you feel bad, stay away from people, nothing new about that. 

Sorry your plans got messed up, but more importantly I hope she’s feeling better soon. 

• Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

I hope that she is OK.

I had it in early November. it was like having a mild cold. No fever, no throat pain, no aches. The only sympton was a stuffy nose but I tested positive.

Not judging at all, but with such a mild symptom, why did you even test? I’m just curious. 

EDIT: The last time I tested (positive) I did it because I had a guilty conscience and I was going to see my eye doctor, who I like a lot. Even if it had come back negative, I would have postponed. I felt like crap, regardless of the label we put on it. I needed some at home time. 

Edited by Augie

2 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Southwest Airlines gives you infinite time to redeem credits; I heard this from another airline and then they changed rules when there were too many credits.

Southwest Vacations gives you 13 months credit minus full cost at hotel for a day.  Very odd that is not spelled out in contract but use a bunch of shorthand in what they send you AFTER you make reservation - I checked hotel and it basically 1 day notice.  Looks next vacations have to be taken with Southwest Vacations so I want to go someplace Southwest does not go it will be difficult.

I

New  Covid is JN 1 saw that today they don’t seem to know much about it. 

Hope she feels better soon and no server problems. 

She has never had COVID.

She has felt terrible for days including going to bed one day when she came home from work until she normally gets up to go to work.

She went to doctor and got some medication and expect her to take tomorrow off.

There are two possibilities - doctor's office where she took her to or school.

Since there a few of her staff out sick and reports of a number of students out.

14 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

She has never had COVID.

She has felt terrible for days including going to bed one day when she came home from work until she normally gets up to go to work.

She went to doctor and got some medication and expect her to take tomorrow off.

There are two possibilities - doctor's office where she took her to or school.

Since there a few of her staff out sick and reports of a number of students out.

Anywhere outside of a bubble is a risk, but then it always has been. No telling if she’s had it before, but I think there are Monks high in the mountains who have been exposed. 

It’s all so curious, but I’m glad she got some help and hope she feels much better soon. 

3 hours ago, Augie said:

Not judging at all, but with such a mild symptom, why did you even test? I’m just curious. 

EDIT: The last time I tested (positive) I did it because I had a guilty conscience and I was going to see my eye doctor, who I like a lot. Even if it had come back negative, I would have postponed. I felt like crap, regardless of the label we put on it. I needed some at home time. 

This is my approach too. Covid is so ubiquitous now that I don’t bother testing. I have had it And the family has it a bunch. The very last few people I know who never had had it, got it in the summer.  

I just try to practice good hygiene, and stay away from people when sick. 

I think we all got used to a much different protocol when it was a new virus. But it’s like the flu now, IMO.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, muppy said:

God speed healing for your wife and upcoming rescheduled trip plans. Being sick  is never great. But postponing Hawaii now That would just be the cherry 🙃

My Best to you both 

We once went to Hawaii and my wife and daughter were sick for a week.

It was raining whole time too and I was the one getting wet picking up medication and meals.

Fortunately it was a two week trip and second week weather was good.

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

We once went to Hawaii and my wife and daughter were sick for a week.

It was raining whole time too and I was the one getting wet picking up medication and meals.

Fortunately it was a two week trip and second week weather was good.

Thank God for the second week. You have a lot of great stuff to remember. Focus on that. 

I had it for the second time starting the day after Thanksgiving. Recovered by last week Monday. Sister and my niece had it too. The other 5 people there dint get it. First time was a mild boysymptoms. This time kept waking up every hour  for 3 evenings.Finally  got full night's sleep after I took Theraflu PM to knock me out.

12 hours ago, Augie said:

Because my wife is a RN.

I currently have Covid, round 3. At least this is the 3rd positive test I've had. I wasn't going to test, but my step-daughter who is a nurse at Roswell Cancer Institute tested positive, with the same symptoms I have. (Achy and stuffed up nose). So I tested and I won. 

Hope your wife gets better soon. This never is any fun. 

19 hours ago, Limeaid said:

I

Well, the bright side is that you can now rule out morning sickness and 21 years of child rearing. :D 

May she recover quickly.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.