My wife has been diagnosed with COVID

Punching Bag

2 hours ago, Limeaid said:

I tested this morning and had a positive test.  I assumed it was issues I have had previously, 

I have had a persistent cough since 2018.

Would you explain your first sentence? The covid self-tests are specific to the antigen associated with SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. i believe your positive test only means covid is still active.
Most likely, the persistent cough since 2018 is a coincidence & no relationship to covid. Hopefully, an ENT can diagnose and treat that separate issue.

At this point testing really shows nothing.  I’m in the business and testing causes so many issues that it’s crazy.  It’s no longer any different than other many issues.  

be smart, if your symptomatic with “something” be smart and take precautions for yourself and others. 

I hope she’s ok and recovers well.   I is can take 3-4 + weeks to get back to normal-or even longer.  

mKe sure she’s out walking and moving. It’s critical

My wife is off for two weeks now and she is using time to convert her former office to being a studio apartment for a friend of hers whose lease is expiring.

My wife is always active except when she is very sick.  One day she came home from work and went to bed,  She slept to 5 am when she normally gets up to go to work.

My daughter also has COVID symptoms and tested positive.  Tomorrow we will take her to pharmacy for pharmacists can give you questions to fill out and determine if she can get medication, 

Got the medication prescribed by Amazon Clinic "Alpha".  It is a real pain in the ass.

No effect first two days but better today.  I was coughing more than 100 times an hour and coughing up plem enough to fill a coffee cup.

Dealt with shakes, sweats, shivers, unable eat solid food, body aches, head aches, ear aches and more.

My vision is also poorer and sometimes need to use online keyboard

Absolutely worse non-injury I have had and supposedly this strain is the milder one not the one causing so many deaths.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Golden*Wheels said:

We just had a 20+ person breakout at my work. What crappy timing.

We won both games while I was in quarantine (I just got out today) and now my superstitious side says I shouldn't leave. XD

I was at a facility two weeks ago, working on just one wing of the entire place, and that happened to be the wing that they started seeing cases of it.  I did not need to quarantine, since we don't have direct patient interactions, but it was funny that out of a 200+ room building, the one wing with only 16 rooms is the one that caught it.  They think it was a speech therapist spreading it.  

3 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Got the medication prescribed by Amazon Clinic "Alpha".  It is a real pain in the ass.

No effect first two days but better today.  I was coughing more than 100 times an hour and coughing up plem enough to fill a coffee cup.

Dealt with shakes, sweats, shivers, unable eat solid food, body aches, head aches, ear aches and more.

My vision is also poorer and sometimes need to use online keyboard

Absolutely worse non-injury I have had and supposedly this strain is the milder one not the one causing so many deaths.

Who goes to Amazon when their sick?

21 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Who goes to Amazon when their sick?

My doctor's office was closed on Friday,  Amazon Clinic charges $35 (no video) which is less than would be charged by CVS Minute Clinic and I did not want to leave house,  It worked but it takes a lot longer and required sending prescription twice.

Got it in Vegas over the weekend. Hit last night. Tested positive this morning. Not bad besides the chills. I have two pairs of sweatpants, two sweaters and 4 comforters and I’m shivering uncontrollably. Bit my tongue pretty bad from it when I got out from under the covers to go to the bathroom. 124 degrees under the blankets and can’t keep warm. Other than the chills, muscles are a little sore but had a heavy work out Monday. Today is leg day. Should be interesting. 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Got it in Vegas over the weekend. Hit last night. Tested positive this morning. Not bad besides the chills. I have two pairs of sweatpants, two sweaters and 4 comforters and I’m shivering uncontrollably. Bit my tongue pretty bad from it when I got out from under the covers to go to the bathroom. 124 degrees under the blankets and can’t keep warm. Other than the chills, muscles are a little sore but had a heavy work out Monday. Today is leg day. Should be interesting. 

Hate the chills.   I was under three layers including a wadded silk comforter.  My wife put a heater by my bed.   When I woke up in morning my T-shirt and sweatshirt I was wearing was soaked.

Edited by Limeaid
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Hate the chills.   I was under three layers including a wadded silk comforter.  My wife put a heater by my med.   When I woke up in morning my T-shirt and sweatshirt I was wearing was soaked.

Chills are the worst. I have baseboard heating and slid my bed to the wall right above it. Heats one side up pretty warm. Doing laundry now because of all the sweat lol. I’ve prob lost 5 lbs.  

I found taking a warm shower helps with the chills. As long as you don’t get too cold when you get out. Dry off as quickly as possible then back under blankets. Seems to get them to stop for a couple hours for me. 

Hope your family is recovering well. 

2 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Hate the chills.   I was under three layers including a wadded silk comforter.  My wife put a heater by my bed.   When I woke up in morning my T-shirt and sweatshirt I was wearing was soaked.

my big symptom with Covid (July 2022 strain) was night sweats. I had to change my clothes at least once and sometimes twice in the middle of the night. Was awful.

Hang in there!! 

Just now, The Jokeman said:

If it's Paxlovid be warned the after taste is horrible but it definitely helped me when I had it. 

Yes it is and taking it with tea.  Why no soft gels for those with sore throat?  My throat passage was actually swelled and most solid thing I could eat is string cheese.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.