André Braugher Dies: ‘Brooklyn Nine-Nine’ Actor Was 61

Just Jack

André Braugher Dies: 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' Actor Was 61 (tvinsider.com)

André Braugher, the acclaimed actor who won two Emmy Awards for his roles in series such as Homicide: Life on the Street, Men of a Certain Age, and Brooklyn Nine-Nine, passed away at the age of 61. His first film appearance was in Glory, directed by Edward Zwick, alongside Matthew Broderick and Denzel Washington.

Edited by Just Jack
  • Sad 3

He had very memorable roles, which is the ultimate sign of great acting, imo.  There was a cold case on Homicide-Life on the Street that involved the murder of a little girl and how that case weighed on the detectives.  Doing some research I found that this episode won Tom Fontana a writing Emmy.  I always thought they could make a full length film with some of the those same characters in which the cold case was solved.  There is huge drama involved in the closure of cold cases, such that they can make a TV series based on the real life examples of when it has happened.  It would have been solid with Andre as the lead or somehow involved.  Also in the research, the Adena Watson story line was based on an actual case in the city of Baltimore and out of respect for the family the producers decided to not have a resolution to it.  I wonder if that is still true.

When I waist grad scholar Roswell Park, the guy across the hall's cousin was the author of the book the show was based on.  All of the characters were based on real people. Was interested immediately in the show.

On 12/13/2023 at 10:43 AM, JESSEFEFFER said:

He had very memorable roles, which is the ultimate sign of great acting, imo.  There was a cold case on Homicide-Life on the Street that involved the murder of a little girl and how that case weighed on the detectives.  Doing some research I found that this episode won Tom Fontana a writing Emmy.  I always thought they could make a full length film with some of the those same characters in which the cold case was solved.  There is huge drama involved in the closure of cold cases, such that they can make a TV series based on the real life examples of when it has happened.  It would have been solid with Andre as the lead or somehow involved.  Also in the research, the Adena Watson story line was based on an actual case in the city of Baltimore and out of respect for the family the producers decided to not have a resolution to it.  I wonder if that is still true.

Can't believe Homicide is not streaming anywhere...one of the best shows of all time for me.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.