Addressing the "Josh Allen is TO machine" narrative

FireChans

ratio smatio 😁

Your not an Allen hater if you see trends from your OB that are hurting the team - just someone who looks at negative trends and perhaps want to dive into why that is happening rather than close your eyes and accept on blind faith it will just trend back into something better without any changes.

For me, the turnovers I had issues with were more about the turn-downs on the easy dumps and completions that would move the chains. Instead, Allen was forcing the ball downfield to well-covered receivers and tighter windows. It resulted in more INTs, Allen holding the ball longer, and our star QB taking shots from defenders rather than getting the ball out of his hands more quickly.

Also, the trends from later last season and the first half of this season made me wonder if he understood the play designs Dorsey was scheming up, if receivers were running the right routes, were we leaning into our run game enough to tap the brakes on pass rushers, and if Allen really knew where his reads & outlets were. There was also enough confusion on plays that it pointed to an offense that was not being designed, communicated, and understood very well from the top down.

I think we have seen better results and more balanced play from Allen since the org moved on from Dorsey. Now we see Allen doing what he does very well, and also taking the quick wins that lead to more RAC, and the offense being able to move the chains and sustain drives which gives our defense some time to catch their breath.

Remember only a season or so ago we actually went through a few games without punting? Between the second half of last season and the first half of this season not only were the turnovers trending up, but also the offensive 3 and outs and the need to punt more.

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 1

On 12/3/2023 at 10:50 PM, Drew21PA said:

How about

mahomes is a turnover machine and last his prime!?

looks brutal lately 

Except he’s already a hall of famer with MVPs and championships. So the critique doesn’t really apply on any serious level.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Time to hyperfixate on one Josh Allen play and ignore the fact that our WRs and TEs have been absolute no shows all game. Josh buying them 5 seconds and they still can’t get open. You can’t expect Josh to check it down or throw it away every play.

Edited by gobills404
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, gobills404 said:

Time to hyperfixate on one Josh Allen play and ignore the fact that our WRs and TEs have been absolute no shows all game. Josh buying them 5 seconds and they still can’t get open. You can’t expect Josh to check it down or throw it away every play.

I expect Josh to not throw horrific picks when he doesn’t have to up 14-0 in a must win game.  

I don’t mind if you don’t. But that’s my expectation 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, gobills404 said:

Well then that’s a pretty foolish expectation. Josh Allen has been telling us he’s an overly aggressive QB for 6 years now. I wouldn’t expect that to change.

I wouldn’t expect him to be much more than an also ran playoff QB either, then.

28 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Team has all the momentum, one thing you can’t do is throw a dopey pick at midfield.

drink.

Bills 0 points off turnovers.

chiefs? They butt rape our defense for a TD on the lone turnover. It is acceptable for the defense to hold to a FG. It’s not like the Chiefs got the ball inside the 30 yard line. 

then again I am arguing with a person that thinks 96 is close to 210

• Eyeroll 1

23 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Bills 0 points off turnovers.

chiefs? They butt rape our defense for a TD on the lone turnover. It is acceptable for the defense to hold to a FG. It’s not like the Chiefs got the ball inside the 30 yard line. 

then again I am arguing with a person that thinks 96 is close to 210

Whoooh, some of you are just incredible. It should be acceptable to not turn the ball over (for the 9th game in a row)when our defense has shut them down until the turnover. 
😂

4 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Whoooh, some of you are just incredible. It should be acceptable to not turn the ball over (for the 9th game in a row)when our defense has shut them down until the turnover. 
😂

have you followed Allen for his entire career? He leads the league in turnovers and TD’s. 

the poster I am arguing with thinks he turns the ball over almost as much as he scores? Yep. He thinks 96 turnovers is close to 210 TD’s. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.