Rumor re: Brandon Staley (to be let go at year's end)

zow2

5 hours ago, NewEra said:

Lol…. Yeah, that Ben Johnson.  His team got shut down one game by a division rival.    Andy Reid, the same Andy Reid that got shut down by Denver?  It’s happens to every coach ever.  Dozens of times over their careers.  

who would be your choice?

Rando Randomstein.  He’s equally proven  as Ben and has the same amount of HC experience.

17 hours ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Interesting. But, looking at the numbers doesn't bear this out. Bills 332 rushes and Lions 328. Bills have about a pass or two more a game. Yardage is not significantly differently. Evidence doesn't bear this out, and you never know how a coordinator will adjust with the QB talent he has. Allen vs Goff could yield a very different product.

62 QB runs vs. 26 for the lions.  Buffalo has also played an extra game.  

14 hours ago, chongli said:

The rumor is New England is taking JJ McCarthy. No way Drake or Caleb drops that much to New England, unless they swing a trade, which I think Chicago and Arizona would be stupid to do.

Marvin Harrison is amongst those that could be a top 3, Arizona might take him to pair with Murray (since not a contract to move away from easily). If they do and New England is behind them at #3 that could make Maye fall. 

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

The run game is where he excels. He does kind of remind me of Greg Roman, the creativity and complexity in his run scheme definitely outshines the equivalent creativity in his pass game. The difference is his passing game leans into what his players do whereas Roman's always appeared like he just borrowed the playbook from John Madden Football '88. 

Yeah I guess I want to see what happens with Detroit down the line rather than handing him the reigns like some people want to.  

11 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

I really don't know why more people don't consider Joe Brady a HC candidate.  I know he is young but he has already had at least 3 HC interviews in the past.  Isn't this what people want, a young potentially upcoming offensive HC?

I will say Joe Brady has definitely forced his way into the conversation over the past two games. It isn't just his offensive prowess which appears to be as good as advertised. I've also been very impressed by his demeanor in press conferences and at practices and in the booth. And clearly he has gotten the most out of Josh Allen which is by far the most important quality in our new head coach. Too young, maybe, but Sean McVay was 30 when he was hired by the Rams.

If we lose to the Chiefs I would fire McDermott and give Brady a 4 game audition. Doubt that happens but he's earned his chance IMO.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Beast said:

I think McDermott ends up in LA.

Is he vacationing there?

Heard that’s where players work out together a lot. Maybe he’s taking the Bellyache approach but in the off-season?

Von contract ain’t working out so…

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRM6m2uTloBdoZGzCf72fT

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.