2024/2025 season

Italian Bills

Hi guys. 

Honestly, for you, what the odds that we’ll finally start with a new (young maybe) HC and a new DC (i’ll keep Brady as OC for what i saw till now if he keeps it going) if we miss the playoffs like probably will be ? 

I say almost zero, because McClappy is humble, honest, a good guy and on and on and on… McClappy and his trust the process. 

Why can’t we have someone young and offensive minded like LaFleur, Tomlin, McVay ? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

17 minutes ago, Alpo Chino said:

Tomlin ain’t that young or that offensive minded…

He wins most of his close games unlike McDermott. He is doing it with Pickett as his QB. It seems like every week the Steelers are trailing most of the day in some low scoring game. Then the offense puts one drive together and they pull out the win. Not the Browns game but most of them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Gregg said:

He wins most of his close games unlike McDermott. He is doing it with Pickett as his QB. It seems like every week the Steelers are trailing most of the day in some low scoring game. Then the offense puts one drive together and they pull out the win. Not the Browns game but most of them.

He’s a good coach for sure. Not questioning that. Just saying he’s not that young or offensive minded like the OP said. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Italian Bills said:

Hi guys. 

Honestly, for you, what the odds that we’ll finally start with a new (young maybe) HC and a new DC (i’ll keep Brady as OC for what i saw till now if he keeps it going) if we miss the playoffs like probably will be ? 

I say almost zero, because McClappy is humble, honest, a good guy and on and on and on… McClappy and his trust the process. 

Why can’t we have someone young and offensive minded like LaFleur, Tomlin, McVay ? 

and yet... they people you mention are struggling as well   

2 hours ago, Gregg said:

3 playoff wins since 2010.  Missed playoffs in 3 of the last 5 years - and bounced immediately both seasons that they did make it.  Negative point differential for 4 of 5 seasons.  

They have the fewest turnovers on offense, and they're among the leaders in takeaways.  Kicker is 21/22.  But they're 26th in yards and 25th in yards allowed.  They'll probably sneak into the playoffs... and probably lose in the first round.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Gregg said:

To your point, Tomlin is actually one of the best to win in 1 score games. Over the last 3 years his record is 21-8-1 in one score games.

However, as I said he's one of the best and not the norm. Found this tweet for more of a baseline in regards to how Tomlin is vs McDermott

Edited by BuffaloBillyG
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 2

4 hours ago, Gregg said:

Tomlin was always worlds better than his William & Mary buddy.  He always fielded defenses that were capable of 4th quarter stops. Other than Taron's pic6 and Milano's int v KC, name me 1 big defensive stop his team has made since 2019......crickets

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

To your point, Tomlin is actually one of the best to win in 1 score games. Over the last 3 years his record is 21-8-1 in one score games.

However, as I said he's one of the best and not the norm. Found this tweet for more of a baseline in regards to how Tomlin is vs McDermott

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.