Add another record of disappointment to our franchise

TwistofFate

15 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

I figured today had to be some type of statistical anomaly.  We have become one of those supremely talented undisciplined wastes.  Like the Mike Martz Rams or that Philly super team that missed the playoffs.

Yup, you can thank McProcess for that.  He has morphed into every bit as bad of a HC as Dick Jauron.  The only difference is he's had way more talent. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

There's no question that the officiating kept the Eagles in the game.  Without a number of horrible calls or non-calls, the Bills likely would have put it away much earlier.  That said, the Bills overcame all of it - only to blow it in the end anyway.  I think everyone knew that they HAD to score a TD in OT or they were not going to win the game.  They had a good play call on the end zone throw to Davis that was obviously not properly executed.  That said, I think the better play call would have been a hot read short pass to the TE or a WR over the middle.  Get the first down, or get to 4th and short and go for it, or maybe there's some RAC and the guy scores.  The end zone throw had a lower percentage chance of being successful.  I'm just so disappointed with the terrible finish after they did so many good things during the course of the game.

Edited by msw2112
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, msw2112 said:

There's no question that the officiating kept the Eagles in the game.  Without a number of horrible calls or non-calls, the Bills likely would have put it away much earlier.  That said, the Bills overcame all of it - only to blow it in the end anyway.  I think everyone knew that they HAD to score a TD in OT or they were not going to win the game.  They had a good play call on the end zone throw to Davis that was obviously not properly executed.  That said, I think the better play call would have been a hot read short pass to the TE or a WR over the middle.  Get the first down, or get to 4th and short and go for it.  The end zone throw had a lower percentage chance of being successful.  I'm just so disappointed with the terrible finish after they did so many good things during the course of the game.

Yep, agree 100%. They were methodically moving the ball, but then they went for the kill shot. 

17 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

There's no question that the officiating kept the Eagles in the game.  Without a number of horrible calls or non-calls, the Bills likely would have put it away much earlier.  That said, the Bills overcame all of it - only to blow it in the end anyway.  I think everyone knew that they HAD to score a TD in OT or they were not going to win the game.  They had a good play call on the end zone throw to Davis that was obviously not properly executed.  That said, I think the better play call would have been a hot read short pass to the TE or a WR over the middle.  Get the first down, or get to 4th and short and go for it, or maybe there's some RAC and the guy scores.  The end zone throw had a lower percentage chance of being successful.  I'm just so disappointed with the terrible finish after they did so many good things during the course of the game.

Well, honestly, it was the perfect play call. They had called it earlier in the game and it worked perfectly as well, except that Josh threw a bad pass that hit the defender in the butt.

Still, I was thinking the same thing on that 3rd down, which is that I hadn't seen or heard from Kincaid in a long while, so I was looking for a quick throw for a first down on that play. Turned out Philly blitzed and went Cover 0, so I saw Kincaid staying in to block.

11 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

What happened to us today has never happened before in the modern NFL. 

The only thing I would argue is that (to me) a missed FG should qualify as a turnover -- and, alas, there were 2 of those yesterday, which would put us at a negative turnover margin. In fact, you could argue that despite all the blunders in the game, it was their kicker's ability to make good on a 60-yarder versus our kicker missing two very makeable kicks that was the difference in the game.

13 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

What happened to us today has never happened before in the modern NFL. 

This is the most pathetic thing I have ever heard and I wish that someone in the press conference  would have some balls and read that to McDumass and see what kind of unemotional stoic garbage pours out of his mouth that completely dodges the point. Enough already. Joe Bradys offense moved the ball and put the team in position to win. This loss is squarely on the defense and has been for a while now. When is he going to be held accountable for blowing the end of games?

And the kneel down with 20 seconds and a time out??? Would it of killed you to try and get in field goal range and win it??  Instead lets let the offense give us the lead in OT and then shyt the bed and lose AGAIN!!!!! 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.