Shaq Lawson Shoving A Fan During The Game

dgr81

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I love both these guys as role players, and have been a fan of the swagger they bring to the field in the past. Loved when they got in Taylor Lewan's head so bad in Tennessee they baited the Titans OL into back to back flags and killed their drive which sealed the game for us.

But this crap just shows how little grip McD has on the team. Besides JP's undisciplined play all over the field and getting flags thrown on himself instead of baiting others into reacting and getting flags, no one on the team should be distracted from the game enough to engage with hecklers like this.

Where is the professionalism? Where is the "Process"? Humble and Hungry?

I am shocked that neither the fan or his friends sent in video of when he threatened a players family, can't they be more like the beacons of honesty that their players are claiming our QB wanted to be flagged for intentional grounding to deny them a sack. 🙄

7 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I think more players should fight fans. Fans think they can say whatever they want to players without consequence.

general rule of thumb, don’t say things you won’t say to that person face to face. Our society has become too comfortable at mouthing off from a distance without consequence. 

go look at jordan phillips instagram story. he has 10-12 people, including some thots, messaging him harassing messages. one guy said he was coach at winston-salem state (i think it was) who has since deleted his instagram.

anyway, to your latter point - it is a big reason that i want bullying brought back. we need it for societal pecking order and to keep this in check.

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I love both these guys as role players, and have been a fan of the swagger they bring to the field in the past. Loved when they got in Taylor Lewan's head so bad in Tennessee they baited the Titans OL into back to back flags and killed their drive which sealed the game for us.

But this crap just shows how little grip McD has on the team. Besides JP's undisciplined play all over the field and getting flags thrown on himself instead of baiting others into reacting and getting flags, no one on the team should be distracted from the game enough to engage with hecklers like this.

this is only a few minutes of an entire day. not sure i buy this being the end all be all.

regardless, there is no excuse for this and security needs to step up.

Edited by boyst
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

The video in the tweet proves nothing. The game is what 3-4 hours long and that only shows a min or two. 

I dont care. Players have to be above this. This team is out of control.

23 minutes ago, boyst said:

this is only a few minutes of an entire day. not sure i buy this being the end all be all.

regardless, there is no excuse for this and security needs to step up.

JP and Shaq let the Philly's fan win.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

You posted a tweet saying it had a video proving nothing happened, and people responded to it, I mean what were you expecting, people responded to the general interaction in the previous 4 pages of thread.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

You posted a tweet saying it had a video proving nothing happened, and people responded to it, I mean what were you expecting, people responded to the general interaction in the previous 4 pages of thread.

That's fine, I'm not upset with any posts here. Doesnt change my opinion that players need to be above that.

• Agree 1

38 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

That's fine, I'm not upset with any posts here. Doesnt change my opinion that players need to be above that.

it's like people can't be holding the opinion the players need to be better than sinking to that level while also condemning any interference by the fans at the games.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, boyst said:

it's like people can't be holding the opinion the players need to be better than sinking to that level while also condemning any interference by the fans at the games.

Seriously?!?! Are you really suggesting that there could be more than a single defensible perspective on any given issue? This is 2023, man. We are in the era of “choose a side”. The days of critical thinking leading to informed opinions and reasonable discourse are so behind us. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Honest question: why are grown adults allowed to say wild things to another person they would never say in person? Or throw things at them? Because they pay money to go a game? 

boo them (think it’s super corny and weird to boo another man but whatever) and talk trash about the team.  But there are lines that shouldn’t be crossed and our society has gotten too soft with that. 

6 hours ago, boyst said:

Very fair and I would like to know what was said. Players can be too sensitive now. But there are so many loser fans and I don’t know why it’s ok to be a loser.

but our country who have “leaders” who have never been a fight in their life who talk all types of reckless crap they could never back up. I won’t go as far as brining back bullying like you said earlier (though what is considered bullying has gotten really soft).  But I was raised talk “crap” get hit and don’t say what you can’t back up. Now we have 12 year old losers calling each the n word on x box. We were once a proper society! 

10 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

They said the threats were before the game, so that wouldn’t be in the clip here, right?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Honest question: why are grown adults allowed to say wild things to another person they would never say in person? Or throw things at them? Because they pay money to go a game? 

boo them (think it’s super corny and weird to boo another man but whatever) and talk trash about the team.  But there are lines that shouldn’t be crossed and our society has gotten too soft with that. 

Very fair and I would like to know what was said. Players can be too sensitive now. But there are so many loser fans and I don’t know why it’s ok to be a loser.

but our country who have “leaders” who have never been a fight in their life who talk all types of reckless crap they could never back up. I won’t go as far as brining back bullying like you said earlier (though what is considered bullying has gotten really soft).  But I was raised talk “crap” get hit and don’t say what you can’t back up. Now we have 12 year old losers calling each the n word on x box. We were once a proper society! 

We have kids raised now thinking words hurt. I'm 42. My generation was taught words are words. And until someone hurts you with violence it's not going to hurt. And when they do unload on them. 

My brother is older by 7 years and was led to believe that words don't hurt but enough of them will get you hurt.

Somewhere about halfway between those is where we belong. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, boyst said:

We have kids raised now thinking words hurt. I'm 42. My generation was taught words are words. And until someone hurts you with violence it's not going to hurt. And when they do unload on them. 

My brother is older by 7 years and was led to believe that words don't hurt but enough of them will get you hurt.

Aren't you and your brother in the same generation?

On 11/29/2023 at 8:59 PM, boyst said:

I agree with this. I don’t go around talking crap to people even though there are plenty of people I could. So I don’t have to worry about fighting people because I treat people the way I want to be treated. 

but somewhere along the way, cowards think they can mouth off and say super disrespectful things without consequence.  Again, I’m a pacifist until forced, but a punch in the face is the best thing that can happen to a male sometimes. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.