Vehicle Explosion at Rainbow Bridge

Tiberius

The Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority said they are checking every car that arrives at the Buffalo Niagara International Airport because of the incident. Travelers should expect heavier delays than usual, they said.

“I’ve been briefed on the incident on the Rainbow Bridge in Niagara Falls and we are closely monitoring the situation,” New York Gov. Kathy Hochul said. “State agencies are on site and ready to assist.”

doesn't sound like the usual responses with a vehicle explosion.

what if its the blowback you keep talking about?

Edited by Tommy Callahan

This is a few blocks from my office. 

Word on the street is the car was doing 100 mph down Main Street towards Canada, swerved around a car and slammed into the gates where it exploded.

If this is right, they were headed TO Canada. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Hearing no fatalities except the two people who were in the car 

Both sides use plate scanners that run the plate against known individuals. similar to what the cops use.  I wonder if those flagged something and that's why the people working the border were away from the blast. . I read one border patrol officer was injured.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Roundybout said:

This is a few blocks from my office. 

Word on the street is the car was doing 100 mph down Main Street towards Canada, swerved around a car and slammed into the gates where it exploded.

If this is right, they were headed TO Canada. 

If that's the case then I hope it was Alec Baldwin fulfilling his promise to move to Canada.

• Haha (+1) 5

Finally something on Channel 2. Said it happened at  about 11:30. Said a car was going about 100 mph towards the  bridge, swerved around a car ahead of it and hit a  booth.Then exploded in  30 ft fireball according to a witness. All 3 international bridges in area are closed both directions.  Cops searching cars going into Buffalo Airport.

6 minutes ago, boyst said:

When did you go back?!?!?

How is everything?!

Also, I am betting it was some moron hotshot who was driving like a dope and crashed his car. 

Everything is good. Wish we lived in a peaceful world but that’s a dream. Came back shortly after the Hamas terror attack on the 7th to speak about it. 

So happy nobody else was injured or killed. Suicide bombers come in pairs now? Lol WTF. 

13 minutes ago, Justice said:

Everything is good. Wish we lived in a peaceful world but that’s a dream. Came back shortly after the Hamas terror attack on the 7th to speak about it. 

So happy nobody else was injured or killed. Suicide bombers come in pairs now? Lol WTF. 

The bills destroy themselves on Sunday. That's your pair. 

29 minutes ago, boyst said:

When did you go back?!?!?

How is everything?!

Also, I am betting it was some moron hotshot who was driving like a dope and crashed his car. 

That was my initial reaction when my wife told me, but from the reaction we're seeing now it appears to be terror related.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, yall said:

Yeah lots of conflicting reports but even Fox is dialing back the terror angle.

Hopefully a few morons and nothing else. 

Just ruined Thanksgiving for a lot of local LEO's though.

CNN reporting that NYPD officers were dispatched to help? That isn't a normal response in my thinking. *shrugs*

NYPD officers deployed to support efforts at Rainbow Bridge, mayor says

From CNN's Rob Frehse

New York Police Department officers have been deployed to support efforts at the Rainbow Bridge, New York City Mayor Eric Adams announced on X on Wednesday.

It's unclear how many members of the NYPD had been deployed and how exactly they would assist officials on the ground.

Edited by muppy