Joe Burrow out for the season

HappyDays

Surprisingly I thought Burrow looked really accurate before the injury on Thursday night. His passes also had some zip on them and he made mostly good decisions.  There wasnt even a real moment in that game where it looked like the injury occurred.  Sucks for him and the Bengals but that seems to be the way things are going in the NFL these past 2 years. Great players getting injured. So what gives? is it that the most is now the most physically brutal that its ever been? The artificial turf that is the norm in a lot of stadiums (including ours) or that strength and conditioning is not up to the standard? Or is this particular injury for Burrow just freakish?

On 11/17/2023 at 4:41 PM, PatsFanNH said:

Good stats!  But the Bills D couldn’t contain the Broncos at home last week, how will they contain Lamb and the Dallas O? Also the Bills O only scored 22 against a bad Broncos D or at least not one with the scary  d line like Dallas has.  I could see the Bills maybe running on them but the Bills never seem stick w the run. 

By not turning over the ball. "Couldn't contain" was two real drives.  The rest they were stopped or already starting in our own territory (6 times)

• Like (+1) 2

On 11/17/2023 at 4:41 PM, PatsFanNH said:

Good stats!  But the Bills D couldn’t contain the Broncos at home last week, how will they contain Lamb and the Dallas O? Also the Bills O only scored 22 against a bad Broncos D or at least not one with the scary  d line like Dallas has.  I could see the Bills maybe running on them but the Bills never seem stick w the run. 

Must be tough that the pats have been terrible for so long

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, billsrul120 said:

I lived threw the late 80’s and early 90’s as a fan. Remember hearing all the rumors they were going to be sold and moved to Saint Louis.  Heck I became a fan when they made their run to the SB in 86 with Tony Eason and ended up getting demolished by the Bears. (Little factoid, they held a 3-0 lead for a very short time in that game.) After that was 10 years of incompetent ownership, terrible HC, and heck I think Zolak may have been our best QB prospect those years. So ya I know what it’s like to be terrible, my Pats were not bad, they were a disaster those years.. but the tickets were dang cheap! 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, billsrul120 said:

5 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

I lived threw the late 80’s and early 90’s as a fan. Remember hearing all the rumors they were going to be sold and moved to Saint Louis.  Heck I became a fan when they made their run to the SB in 86 with Tony Eason and ended up getting demolished by the Bears. (Little factoid, they held a 3-0 lead for a very short time in that game.) After that was 10 years of incompetent ownership, terrible HC, and heck I think Zolak may have been our best QB prospect those years. So ya I know what it’s like to be terrible, my Pats were not bad, they were a disaster those years.. but the tickets were dang cheap! 

I hate exposure to opposing fans in a competitive environment, generally. But this is an elite reply. Good on ya.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.