DORSEY FIRED, Joe Brady Interim OC

Process

Just now, Green Lightning said:

Do you watch the games? We can't make a yard on a vital 3rd and 1. We gave to throw from the shotgun.  Brown and Morse are pushed on top of JA half the time. Yes this is the best OL JA has had but it's far from good enough. Try again.

The oline is not the issue.  Most of the blame is poor scheme, poor qb play and decision making, as well as penalties, turnovers, ***** special teams, poor coaching, injuries, and a mental midget at QB.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

I'd suggest you don't watch the Bills anymore then.  Allen isn't going anywhere and on the verge of sounding rude I'm not sure you have a very strong grasp of the game anyways.

Love when the board thinks they’re smart. Hope you realize that only about 3 percent actually are. The rest of US are just raving, lunatic fans. 

• Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

The oline is not the issue.  Most of the blame is poor scheme, poor qb play and decision making, as well as penalties, turnovers, ***** special teams, poor coaching, injuries, and a mental midget at QB.

The line has had a few games where they really struggled in pass protection. This is actually a remarkable improvement from last year where they struggled in pass protection every game.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Dablitzkrieg said:

This OL is below average at best. RT is going to get Josh killed. Good DLines push us around. Great teams have great OLs. Not us.

• Agree 2

Just now, DapperCam said:

The line has had a few games where they really struggled in pass protection. This is actually a remarkable improvement from last year where they struggled in pass protection every game.

BUT… 

You’re right. And Allen is worse than ever in the “Allen is Great Era”. 

To the people complaining about Allen,

You're never going to see a better QB in your lifetime. Gain some perspective. He's 27. He needs a mentor to help him manage the weight of the expectations and also how to manage the game, like a Manning, or Brady.  Sometimes the three-yard completion is the one that helps you to win the game. He's got all the mental and physical attributes. He's a once-in-a lifetime talent. 

Do you want to chase a HoF QB out of town? He will go to another team and win multiple SBs, guaranteed.  Gain some objectivity, people. Don't think with your emotions. 

Edited by MarkKelso'sHelmet
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Green Lightning said:

This OL is below average at best. RT is going to get Josh killed. Good DLines push us around. Great teams have great OLs. Not us.

You don't get it.  Keep deflecting away from Allen who is much more of a problem than the oline

1 minute ago, MarkKelso'sHelmet said:

To the people complaining about Allen,

You're never going to see a better QB in your lifetime. Gain some perspective. He's 27. He needs a mentor to help him manage the weight of the expectations and also how to manage the game, like a Manning, or Brady.  Sometimes the three-yard completion is the one that helps you to win the game. He's got all the mental and physical attributes. He's a once-in-a lifetime talent. 

Do you want to chase a HoF QB out of town? He will go to another team and win multiple SBs, guaranteed.  Gain some objectivity, people. Don't think with your emotions. 

I watch better QBs every week than Allen.  He's not a God and there will be better in the future.  He's mentally gone.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

You don't get it.  Keep deflecting away from Allen who is much more of a problem than the oline

I watch better QBs every week than Allen.  He's not a God and there will be better in the future.  He's mentally gone.  

Yeah, that's why pretty much every former QB analyst in the media thinks Allen is one of the most gifted athletes on the planet.

I'll trust Brady's opinion over yours . . . You're either a troll, or lack the ability to analyze a situation with objectivity. 

Edited by MarkKelso'sHelmet
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, MarkKelso'sHelmet said:

Yeah, that's why pretty much every former QB analyst in the media thinks Allen is one of the most gifted athletes on the planet.

I'll trust Brady's opinion over yours . . . 

That's fine.  His athleticism is not questionable.  His intelligence is.  As a matter of fact, there are a lot of dumb people at OBD, including the head coach

Edited by Dablitzkrieg
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

If Brady gets this O to light up the Jets he instantly becomes the hottest OC in the league.

Tough assignment against a defense that is real with a short week.

I suspect Brady will want to spread it out, but I am not sure how well that will work against a team like the Jets who can pressure with 4, and have a solid secondary and LBs.

Up tempo may help our offense get something going but they have to lean into the run and not put it all on Allen, I dont know if he will be up for that challenge. Who knows where his head is at?

Overall, accept that the Jets will get their stops on D. Limit the turnovers and penalties and stop hurting themselves and the team by giving up short fields and points.

Just now, MarkKelso'sHelmet said:

I'll trust Brady's opinion over yours . . . 

Yeah but Allen hurt their feelings. Checkmate.

38 minutes ago, Thrivefourfive said:

He’s a front runner. And when he’s down, he acts like someone took his coco crisp.

Literally the opposite actually.

He’s literally lead two game winning drives this year, leaving the field with less than two minutes left in the game and the lead only to have the defense blow it against the Pats and Broncos. 

Trailed the giants for the entire first half and went 2/2 in the second half with consecutive long 8+ minute TD drives. 

Trailed the Jags big most of the game and brought the Bills offense back to within a score late. Trailed by two scores against the Bengals and brought the Bills to within one score against the Bengals. 

He only appears to be a front runner to you because when he is great he is exceptional compared to his peers and the Bills win by 3+ TD’s. But that’s not the norm for most QB’s. Most QB’s have to rely on great defensive efforts to win by one or two scores. When Allen is on and is supported by a great defensive effort the Bills win by 28+

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Guys, Ken Dorsey was a huge problem with the offense as it became too simplistic. Opponents knew what was coming and keyed on that.

Do you guys really think the NY Giants or NE Patriots are THAT good on defense?

HAD...TO...GO! 

Freaking Denver has the 32nd-ranked defense!!

Just now, Nihilarian said:

Guys, Ken Dorsey was a huge problem with the offense as it became too simplistic. Opponents knew what was coming and keyed on that.

HAD...TO...GO! 

My thought, I wonder if Dorsey was gunning for McD's job as HC of the Bills. Either that or he was just plain stupid.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Nihilarian said:

Reality is against the Giants the offense was nearly perfect in the second half. two possessions and two TD’s that ate up over half the time of possession.

They struggled in the first half but had a Gabe Davis fumble and two drives ended by incidental tripping where it looked like easy chain moving competitions were likely. Hard to blame Dorsey for those three things.

5 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

how is that ranking since the Miami game? They are coming off a game where they didn’t allow a single TD to KC right?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.