Courtland Sutton TD catch, Next Gen Stats

zow2

Just to add to the nonsense that we fans have to suffer... that lofted TD pass to the end zone boundary by Russ, turned out to be the most improbable catch that Next Gen stats has EVER tracked.  In history. The probability of that pass being completed was 3.2%

That's painful.

1 minute ago, BuffaloRebound said:

That was awful by Rapp.  99% of NFL DB’s break that play up.  Ball was in air forever.  

Yep. Our guys just don't turn around and track balls.  Not even on hail mary's (which i consider the moon ball that Russ threw at the end to avoid the sack).

4 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

Disagree. Placement was perfect. Russ is not what he used to be but for sure he can still make a play now and then. He's been a playmaker his whole career. 

It was great placement and great catch but NFL DB’s should be able to easily cover that ground on ball that Wilson was basically throwing away.  That’s why it was such an improbable catch because ball was floated up there.  

Edited by BuffaloRebound

I may be wrong, but I thought (for what ever reason) Rapp turned left to face the WR, like to run into him (PI) to disrupt his movement, the WR wasn’t impacted that much my Rapp doing this. Rapp had to then turn around completely again to try to keep up coverage wise, that’s why the WR got so open.

Might be wrong, just what I thought I saw. Dumb play by Rapp. 

The fact that he didn't get his 2nd foot actually down to the ground is frustrating too. Watched it multiple times last night....on my big screen HD TV....and there's no evidence that he got two feet down AFTER he caught the ball. They kept saying on the broadcast that he dragged the toe of his 2nd foot, but there’s no visual video evidence that his shoe actually touched the ground....no turf pellets kicked up, no grass blades moved, NUTHIN. Still baffled as to how they overturned the call on the field. The key when you watch the replay is to keep your eyes on the ball up top and the instant that you discern that he actually secures the ball, look down at his feet....NO WAY the 2nd foot touches down to the ground inbounds.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

Disagree. Placement was perfect. Russ is not what he used to be but for sure he can still make a play now and then. He's been a playmaker his whole career. 

Even as much as I was surprised at how good Wilson was last night,  that was the luckiest pass ever. Even the receiver having his toes minutely in bounds was incredibly lucky. There literally was a tiny sliver of grass endzone between the first foot and the sideline. Only the Bills would give up a play like that! Billsy!

43 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Just to add to the nonsense that we fans have to suffer... that lofted TD pass to the end zone boundary by Russ, turned out to be the most improbable catch that Next Gen stats has EVER tracked.  In history. The probability of that pass being completed was 3.2%

That's painful.

Unbilleviable.. 

So many things went against us, again, and we STILL had the lead with 2 min to go

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.