Last minute/play game management

Repulsif

1 minute ago, stlbills13 said:

What's disappointing is how in all of these games (Jags, Giants, Patriots, Bucs) we haven't been able to get the one sack on the QB that would have ended the game. Strategy has been lacking but just actually get home to the QB and end the game

well if not for the facemask that is exactly what they had

11 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Oh come on! Taron Johnson held the receiver the ENTIRE play. That's an easy (and totally correct) call.

No holding. He was aggressive with him at the line within 5 yards. Both got tangled up.  

9 minutes ago, stlbills13 said:

What's disappointing is how in all of these games (Jags, Giants, Patriots, Bucs) we haven't been able to get the one sack on the QB that would have ended the game. Strategy has been lacking but just actually get home to the QB and end the game

Von Miller got the Bucs 5 yards closer for their HailMaryAttempt... lol... 😏 

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Situational Football.

Some coaches like Reid and Belichick drill their guys constantly with all sorts of random situations so they are never caught off guard.

Our guy cant even figure out to sneak it when you need 6 inches. 🤷‍♂️

6"????

depositphotos_69874587-stock-photo-finge

• Haha (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Why wouldn't the refs blow the whistle when the QB is in a 330 LB dudes grasp moving backwards?

Kept stalling out, never went for much of a kill shot either.  I miss the deep balls up 14 in those situations.  We kept them deep for the most part which definitely helped the defense get stops and prevent FGs etc. 

Do you remember when Brady dominated us and he would always go for the game ending 1st downs instead of running into the line and killing clock. With the way Sean plays prevent defense in three straight games ending in either losses or skin of your teeth wins, wouldn’t you let Josh make a yard any way he wants( RPO, short pass to the open guy). Sean thinks he’s got the same defense after losing Milano, White, Jones. He’s coaching not to lose, never to win.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Bruffalo said:

Look, I think McD has way too much faith in this defense considering the injury situation.  I do think we need to be more aggressive, but I'm not sure if I trust Dorsey to be consistent or creative enough to manage that. 

So it's a rock and a hard place kind of situation. 

Fair point.

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

Oh come on! Taron Johnson held the receiver the ENTIRE play. That's an easy (and totally correct) call.

Johnson essentially does that every play. He's so streaky, for like 10 games out of the year he looks like the best Nickel DB in the game, and then the rest you're kind of questioning why he's the starter. 

The 3 punts in Bucs territory in the second half were mind boggling. I get one of them, but it was just overly conservative football that has been disproven in the modern era of football. I mean Doug Marrone would punt from the 32, but the guys who win as coaches now have shown that strategy to be BS. Drive the dagger in as the percentages say, do not play the protect the defense, field position game.

Edited by D. L. Hot-Flamethrower

Ok I get it coaching NEEDS TO BE BETTER

BUT

they are professionals this all they do

they should know to defend the ball and knock it down - we are seriously lucky we didn’t have a PI on that last play and that Godwin didn’t turn around 

sheesh

hail Murray and 13 seconds

rhat one would have been worse on the McDermott resume 

3 hours ago, Eastport bills said:

Why on earth would Jordan Phillips grab Baker’s face mask when he was stopped dead to rights. This is Sean’s weakness as a defensive coach. No discipline, no individual accountability and veteran players putting their frustration ahead of team success. Sean is definitely an impediment to this team fulfilling thei destiny. 

So based off one play of a 31 year old veteran that has played on three different NFL teams, based off that, you cite McD doesn't teach discipline or individual accountability?  Good thing you dont jump to conclusions.

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I've been making "need 6 inches" posts since last night and someone FINALLY made a joke. You win. :thumbsup:

Just now saw it. At tbdahot it was a joke somehow because some woman made a reference to something being 9 inches and she was showing 3-4"

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.