Defense should be embarrassed…

LabattBlue

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Your refusal to answer the questions is telling

I already answered it.

But if you insist, I will again,

No, I am not worried about Josh missing receivers or allegedly seeing the field. All QB's have dropped balls, overthrown passes. This is stupid. I am sorry, but it is. What I am worried about is our OL is bad again, that as soon as Josh snaps the ball he has to run for his life, that when he DOES put the ball in the receivers hands, they(outside of Diggs or Kincaid even) drop the passes. I have a lot of worries in regards to this team, the guy who carries it and takes us farther than we should be each season is the least of my concerns.

• Agree 1

Just now, Aimee75 said:

I already answered it.

But if you insist, I will again,

No, I am not worried about Josh missing receivers or allegedly seeing the field. All QB's have dropped balls, overthrown passes. This is stupid. I am sorry, but it is. What I am worried about is our OL is bad again, that as soon as Josh snaps the ball he has to run for his life, that when he DOES put the ball in the receivers hands, they(outside of Diggs or Kincaid even) drop the passes. I have a lot of worries in regards to this team, the guy who carries it and takes us farther than we should be each season is the least of my concerns.

Cool Got it.  EVERYONE is at fault EXCEPT Josh.  and you roll your eyes when I call you a cult, not I am finally done with you

• Angry 1

Yeah, I could complain about the defense, but the offense is still my biggest issue.

The offense isn't the unit suffering major injuries at all levels. There's no excuse to be pitiful through 3 quarters, for 3 straight games!

Someone mentioned a stat that Allen hasn't had 2 consecutive games without a turnover? If that's true, that's insane. Won't win many games if you only come alive in the 4th quarter & turn the ball over a ton. 

So sure, defense blew it, especially on that last drive. But the offense blew it 3 weeks in a row by floundering all game until the 4th quarter.

• Eyeroll 1

This thread is about the defense and they were again pathetic yesterday.  NE score 20 points (on the nose) once in their first 6 games and put up 29 vs. Buffalo.  

MAJBobby though decides this is about JA and the offense.  He is right the offense is not playing well, but the defense let them down again (as they did vs. Jax). 

To allow Mac Jones, who frankly one more bad game may have been done as the NE starting QB to surgically dissect the Bills apart is pathetic. 

As for Josh, seemed again he was running for his life. 

• Like (+1) 1

Say what you want about Josh whenever he left the field yesterday we were winning

A couple of other things to B word about today

Once again, just like in the Jets game at the end of the game are special teams gave up a huge run. Why does a team that make players decisions based on whether they can play strong special teams keep giving up huge special teams runs

They needed a touchdown to even come out without going to overtime, and our defense allowed them to march right down the field and score of the touchdown

Josh missed some throws yesterday but the loss is not on him whenever he left the field we were winning

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

After pooping the bed for the entire game except 7 minutes of it. Yippie 

Well you did say the loss was entirely on the offense, and it wasn't even close.  I'd argue leaving the field with the lead certainly makes that statement off base, at the least.  How many minutes did the D "poop the bed"?  You can't dismiss them entirely from any accountability.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

Well you did say the loss was entirely on the offense, and it wasn't even close.  I'd argue leaving the field with the lead certainly makes that statement off base, at the least.  How many minutes did the D "poop the bed"?  You can't dismiss them entirely from any accountability.

It was you are not going to convince me otherwise.  Come out and score 14 in the half and the game is in hand.  but I guess I will wait until the 4th week in a row of this offense not doing ***** for the better part of a football game before maybe others will see the issue 

To me fingers should be pointed at the offense which should be carrying the team. Defense had no answers for the Patriots running it up the gut which opened the field for Mac Jones who played just OK. With all the injuries on that side of the ball would expect their play to fall off some. However, what should be the strength of this team hasn't been anything close to that this year and these slow starts on offense are killing the team while putting more pressure on the defense to keep it close. Instead of forcing other team's to play catch up we are the ones needing to make comebacks late.

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

It was you are not going to convince me otherwise.  Come out and score 14 in the half and the game is in hand.  but I guess I will wait until the 4th week in a row of this offense not doing ***** for the better part of a football game before maybe others will see the issue 

Don't think anyone is saying there's not an issue on offense.  There certainly  is.  But to absolve the defense, and special teams for that matter, of any role whatsoever in contributing to the outcome is just silly, imho.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

Don't think anyone is saying there's not an issue on offense.  There certainly  is.  But to absolve the defense, and special teams for that matter, of any role whatsoever in contributing to the outcome is just silly, imho.

Yeah I get it we need to do everything possible to not put the blame on Allen in the Offense I know.  I am done in the defense thread until Thursday, guess we will see if it is the defense fault again or if the offense can do something more than 4 minutes a game.

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Yeah I get it we need to do everything possible to not put the blame on Allen in the Offense I know.  I am done in the defense thread until Thursday, guess we will see if it is the defense fault again or if the offense can do something more than 4 minutes a game.

LOL, you went from 7 minutes to 4 minutes now🤣  Anyway, extreme statements like yours rarely are truthful.  It's a little more nuanced than that.  BTW, Allen shares in the blame, I saw him bypass wide open underneath receivers for downfield throws multiple times.  Hid decision making is concerning.

10 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This is against one average offense and two awful offenses. It's official - we are one of the worst defenses in the league. All that investment, a defensive head coach, and this is what we get.

Well the "investments" are injured.  I mean when you lose those 3 players, Von still being a shell, Rosseau not 100%, and your top draft pick at CB flaming out you're not going to play good D.  This D looked legit until the London injuries took out multiple starters, didn't help that Oliver was out yesterday.

Edited by bouds

21 hours ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

The tackling is atrocious. A Swing pass on the first play of the final drive goes for almost 40 yards. It’s ridiculous that all game it’s constant missed tackles 

I want a media member to ask McDermott why the tackling has been chronically poor.  I believe there were 19 missed tackles against the Jaguars.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.