Latavius Murray - fumbling

dave mcbride

39 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

You think that’s bad, my dad had a couple of Old Germany’s in our fridge.  That was a mistake stealing one of those as a teenager.  I was less nauseas doing chew for my one and only time.

When I was growing up the ice coolers were raided at family functions by those too young but sneaky enough to grab one either when adult distracted or by someone refilling ice cooler with more ice.   Genesee beer and Old Germany were a few of the beers in it. Every beer I tried I disliked and later when offered a beer I always turned it down.  It was not until I was in college and doing beer runs to Canada did I discover that all beer did not taste like Niagara County water.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

21 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Murray has had two fumbles on his last 866 touches. That’s at the very least — he had one fumble on 231 touches in 2017, and I’m too lazy to look up when it happened. Let’s just assume for a second that he has fumbled 2 times in his last 1,000 touches. That is INCREDIBLE: a 0.2 percent rate. And I have no idea if they were even lost fumbles. Suffice it to say, though, that he holds onto the ball. 

By way of extreme comparison, Joe Cribbs fumbled 28 times in his first two seasons on 655 touches - a 4.3 percent rate. More recently, Devin Singletary has fumbled 13 times on 861 touches (a 1.5 percent rate). 

Rushing plays are low yardage plays on average compared to passing plays, but one of the presumed benefits is a lower turnover rate. Murray brings that.

Damn you Dave !

But yea. Great pickup by Beane. I love the three headed monster at RB btw.

21 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Murray has had two fumbles on his last 866 touches. That’s at the very least — he had one fumble on 231 touches in 2017, and I’m too lazy to look up when it happened. Let’s just assume for a second that he has fumbled 2 times in his last 1,000 touches. That is INCREDIBLE: a 0.2 percent rate. And I have no idea if they were even lost fumbles. Suffice it to say, though, that he holds onto the ball. 

By way of extreme comparison, Joe Cribbs fumbled 28 times in his first two seasons on 655 touches - a 4.3 percent rate. More recently, Devin Singletary has fumbled 13 times on 861 touches (a 1.5 percent rate). 

Rushing plays are low yardage plays on average compared to passing plays, but one of the presumed benefits is a lower turnover rate. Murray brings that.

he’s a solid rotational piece and seems like a good dude. You could do worse for rb3. 

my concern for him is just that at some point the wheels have to fall off but otherwise - I’ve enjoyed watching him at a few spots along the way. 

4 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

he’s a solid rotational piece and seems like a good dude. You could do worse for rb3. 

my concern for him is just that at some point the wheels have to fall off but otherwise - I’ve enjoyed watching him at a few spots along the way. 

…and the fact that it just seems to be spot action makes me hopeful he can just keep doing what he’s doing. That would be great. 

On 10/18/2023 at 9:06 PM, dave mcbride said:

Yeah turnovers were a lot more common and acceptable way back then(70's-80's).

When Pittsburgh Steelers played the LA Rams in SB XIV they had been the two teams that had turned the ball over the most in the NFL that season. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I have always thought he was an underrated back. Always falls forwards, can run tough yards, great pass protector and doesn't turn it over. 

I was lukewarm about the bills signing a 33 year old though. Wasn't sure he had much left in the tank. But he has been more than serviceable so far. 

This is exactly why I’d like them to start the game with Murray. The pass protection coupled with the power run threat from 12 formations leads to slow linebacker play, especially with play action 

7 hours ago, Limeaid said:

When I was growing up the ice coolers were raided at family functions by those too young but sneaky enough to grab one either when adult distracted or by someone refilling ice cooler with more ice.   Genesee beer and Old Germany were a few of the beers in it. Every beer I tried I disliked and later when offered a beer I always turned it down.  It was not until I was in college and doing beer runs to Canada did I discover that all beer did not taste like Niagara County water.

IDK about the old germanys…. But I can definitely verify that if those gennys got a chance to warm up you were playing with fire. 😂 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.