No Bills game on home TV in Albany next week vs NE

Albany,n.y.

2 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

When I looked at the schedule, I thought it was a lock we'd get Bills @ NE on 10/22, but Ch 6 will be showing Washington & NYG next week at 1:00.  

Taylor Swift is rumoured to be in NYC that weekend for a product unveiling.  The network is hoping to latch onto 'Swiftamania'. 🤨

3 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

When I looked at the schedule, I thought it was a lock we'd get Bills @ NE on 10/22, but Ch 6 will be showing Washington & NYG next week at 1:00.  

It's too early to say that. This won't be final until Friday. A lot can change by then.

Also, the Bills get CBS's B-team, whereas NYG-WAS gets the D-team, so our game is going to be more distributed likely. This bodes well for Albany.

Edited by chongli

Can’t the local affiliates request changes?  Start making calls to the station!

This reminds me of the time Joe Jackson was going to play a new album live on a PBS show called Sessions at West 54th.  I saw it wasn’t planned to be broadcast locally, so I called the station. The manager told me they were not going to show it because there was “explicit language” used. By the time I got done expressing my opinion, I had used every one of those “explicit language” words and then some.  

Edited by WotAGuy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

It's been a while for me, but wasn't it the deal that one network would carry AFC home games, and the other, NFC?  Is CBS not carrying the Bills game?

41 minutes ago, chongli said:

It's too early to say that. This won't be final until Friday. A lot can change by then.

Also, the Bills get CBS's B-team, whereas NYG-WAS gets the D-team, so our game is going to be more distributed likely. This bodes well for Albany.

There is no way the Bills game will be on heads up vs the Giants. Albany is Giants country. I have lived here 30 years and every Giants game has been on. Their training camp used to be at SUNY Albany.

Bills may be second. 

Edited by Saratoga Fan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Offside Number 76 said:

It's been a while for me, but wasn't it the deal that one network would carry AFC home games, and the other, NFC?  Is CBS not carrying the Bills game?

They changed that a few years ago, FOX gets a couple AFC-only games now (and vice-versa for CBS with the NFC).

• Like (+1) 1

Albany, the good news is it s a 1pm game so easy to go to a bar that has the ticket.  It’s not a 4 pm, but not showing or something.  If you’re a church guy, for me it’s church, gym, clean up, bar.  What I hate is a 4 pm game, but not televised.  Who the hell wants to be in a sports bar from 4:20 to 7:30 on a Sunday.  For us that’s family dinner night.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Saratoga Fan said:

There is no way the Bills game will be on heads up vs the Giants. Albany is Giants country. I have lived here 30 years and every Giants game has been on. Their training camp used to be at SUNY Albany.

Bills may be second. 

I moved up here in 2019 and I’ve noticed it’s no man’s land. My neighborhood has  Bills, Giants, Jets, WFT, Patriots, and Dallas flags. 

There is a million overlaps in the regional ven diagram. 

I wouldn’t be so quick to call it Giants country in 2023. 

1 minute ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

Really?

Crap, I think even those in the Gaza Strip get the broadcast.

Too soon?

You know Hamas are Patriots fans.  Anything evil and cheating.  (Sorry trying to back you up). Before people get nutty, it’s just a joke and yes, it’s disgusting what’s going on over there.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Probably influence from that source who said Bills were looking to move to Austin.

1 hour ago, Offside Number 76 said:

It used to be that way but that was dropped a few years ago as part of splitting up the games.

7 hours ago, chongli said:

It's the Giants.  They already advertised the game on Ch 6.  I posted this after the advertisement.  The Bills game has never been shown when the Giants are on the same time on the same network in the 35 + years I've lived around Albany-NEVER.  

7 hours ago, Offside Number 76 said:

CBS is carrying the Bills game & the Giants game.  Albany will always get the Giants 1st.  

5 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Do they have any bars in Albany? 

I go to the OTB where I get my own booth where I can hear the broadcast.  The only time I'd go to a bar is for a Thursday night Amazon game or the Peacock game. OTB is closed after 7:30. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

It's the Giants.  They already advertised the game on Ch 6.  I posted this after the advertisement.  The Bills game has never been shown when the Giants are on the same time on the same network in the 35 + years I've lived around Albany-NEVER.  

CBS is carrying the Bills game & the Giants game.  Albany will always get the Giants 1st.  

I go to the OTB where I get my own booth where I can hear the broadcast.  The only time I'd go to a bar is for a Thursday night Amazon game or the Peacock game. OTB is closed after 7:30. 

Good to learn that!

[BTW, all Amazon games are free and legal streams on Twitch, which is owned by Amazon.]

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

i have a feeling this will be like Syracuse where cbs airs bills, FOX airs Giants if bills at home.

if bills- chests were on FOX against giants the giants would win.  I see Albany changing to bills game.

20 minutes ago, djp14150 said:

i have a feeling this will be like Syracuse where cbs airs bills, FOX airs Giants if bills at home.

if bills- chests were on FOX against giants the giants would win.  I see Albany changing to bills game.

You obviously don't know Albany TV.  How much clearer can I state this: THE STATION ALREADY ANNOUNCED IN AN ADVERTISEMENT THAT THE 1:00 GAME NEXT SUNDAY IS GIANTS/WASHINGTON. 

Edited by Albany,n.y.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.