Shotgun draw

BuffBills51

21 minutes ago, BuffBills51 said:

The shotgun draw up the middle that Dorsey tries to run multiple times a game needs to be taken out of his playbook. Every time we run it they either lose yards or have no gain. That play put the offense in second and third and long multiple times today. 

Other Teams Spot this play like they called it themselves...Dorsey is donkey somedays. 

21 minutes ago, BruceVilanch said:

I was saying that the third time it failed against the Jets, it's a dumb play that doesn't work.

Exactly I think it worked once the first time they tried it against the Jets. Maybe for a few the second. Now it's a complete dud and they keep going to the well. 

today the offense once again was too reliant on Josh to be special  Happens too often to not be looking at Dorsey   There were no well executed plays to offer easy yardage  No screen game and we simply could not find a run play that was effective  Add the miscues/drops and you have the sputtering offense

34 minutes ago, BuffBills51 said:

The shotgun draw up the middle that Dorsey tries to run multiple times a game needs to be taken out of his playbook. Every time we run it they either lose yards or have no gain. That play put the offense in second and third and long multiple times today. 

2nd and 1 turned into 3rd and 7. Great call Ken!

Thank you thank you thank you. Worst play ever. Especially when you think you are trying to “outsmart” your opponent on a 3rd and whatever distance you have. It doesn’t fool them. They are extremely excited to be able to take Allen out of the play in a key 3rd down conversion situation. It’s 100% plays like this that make me feel like Dorsey shouldn’t see another game as a Bills employee. 

• Agree 1

I don't recall this play ever working, and Dorsey loves it, as if it's a surefire winner. 

What is up with Dorsey? Where are the change-up plays, the--I don't know--end arounds, jet sweeps, direct snaps to the RB, RB screens, counter-treys, naked bootlegs, or misdirection plays of all kinds? I mean, try SOMEthing besides the same ten plays over and over and over, starting and ending with the shotgun draw for no gain. 

34 minutes ago, BillMafia716ix said:

I can’t stand it. Doesn’t allow the backs to get a full head of steam. 

This fact is the greatest reason to permanently scrub this worthless play.  It completely handcuffs James starting from a dead stop position.  I want him at full speed getting handoffs behind center. Dorsey this isn't rocket science. 

3 minutes ago, finn said:

I don't recall this play ever working, and Dorsey loves it, as if it's a surefire winner. 

What is up with Dorsey? Where are the change-up plays, the--I don't know--end arounds, jet sweeps, direct snaps to the RB, RB screens, counter-treys, naked bootlegs, or misdirection plays of all kinds? I mean, try SOMEthing besides the same ten plays over and over and over, starting and ending with the shotgun draw for no gain. 

Dorsey's lack of clever (misdirection) plays will eventually be his downfall. 

1 hour ago, DuckyBoys said:

today the offense once again was too reliant on Josh to be special  Happens too often to not be looking at Dorsey   There were no well executed plays to offer easy yardage  No screen game and we simply could not find a run play that was effective  Add the miscues/drops and you have the sputtering offense

Dorsey is improving about the same pace as Elam.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.