47 yard FG attempts…

LabattBlue

13 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Uh oh.  The group is growing. Maybe we can get a group rate on counseling. 😂

I get it, a 47 yard FG was a big deal in Bills history. But it’s somewhat ancient history at this point. I’m not saying anyone else is wrong, because it’s your life to live. I just choose not to dwell on negative things. I don’t see how that helps anything in any way. Just different ways of life, I guess. We lost a game, a REALLY BIG game, but still a GAME. Believe me, if I want things to bring me down, this is nowhere near the top of the list from my life. 

You can also flip the coin here. The way Bills fans supported Norwood at the ceremony downtown made me even more proud to be a Bills fan. Sometimes losing shows true character. I didn’t cry when he missed, but I may have shed a tear when he got that support. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

NFL or NCAA, is there ever a 47 yd FG attempt that doesn’t make you think…

Wide Right

It does make me marvel sometimes how hitting 60 yard field goals today isn’t really outside the norm anymore.

A reason why I have Steve Christie as my avatar.  It was exciting in those days as a kid to see him drill 50 plus yard field goals consistently.  I want to say he was one of the first field goals kickers who was consistent at that distance 

Edited by Another Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.