Disfunction Junction, What's Your Function, House Republicans? Embarrassment To The Nation

This is why there is a GOP civil war.  One side trying to save the country.  The other side already knows it’s gone so yolo.  

This is how great nations die …. but we’re a stupid low info nanny state country that deserves it.  

• Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

This is why there is a GOP civil war.  One side trying to save the country.  The other side already knows it’s gone so yolo.  

This is how great nations die …. but we’re a stupid low info nanny state country that deserves it.  

Have you considered that money is an imaginary concept?

Also that the agreed budget from the August negotiation leveled spending and McCarthy backed out due to the crazies who want to burn it all down 

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Republicans in disarray! A party simply not fit to lead America. How sad, but not unexpected one bit.

Must be strange to watch what the progressive squad declared they would do day one but instead become homogeneous to the corporate dems In perfect lock step. 

Changing the status quo kinda requires...changing the staus quo. Not just blubbering about it during election time and rolling over when  you suckered in your voters.

Good to see imo. Maybe dems will follow suite at some point but the bernie ship and any other movement sailed long ago.

Edited by Buffarukus

28 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂

20 minutes ago, Buffarukus said:

Must be strange to watch what the progressive squad declared they would do day one but instead become homogeneous to the corporate dems In perfect lock step. 

Changing the status quo kinda requires...changing the staus quo. Not just blubbering about it during election time and rolling over when  you suckered in your voters.

Good to see imo. Maybe dems will follow suite at some point but the bernie ship and any other movement sailed long ago.

Oh my god, you think you’re changing something 😂😂😂

throwing a tantrum is not changing anything 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂

Oh my god, you think you’re changing something 😂😂😂

throwing a tantrum is not changing anything 

What did you change? Pelosi needed the squads vote to get power and they happily conceded it to her. No progressive concessions required. Rolled right over when they were the ones who would "fight" for thier voters. 

So much progress from the progressives. Medicare for all? Student loan forgivness? Defunded police? Ya sure...sucker.

( laughing emoji repeated) 😒

Edited by Buffarukus
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

The Republican House is imploding now.

Establishment vs. anti establishment 

A little Push-back is a good thing and a sign that congress is more than just the uni-party 👍

Nothing wrong with voting on spending bills separately- unless you don’t care where your money is going…

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

50 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Sure, while they're supposed to be doing the country's business including a looming gov't shut down, they'll be squabbling over who will be the next speaker.  I heard a moderate R rep (female) on NPR today saying Gaetz is Biden's favorite congressman.  She made exactly the point above:  nothing is going to get done for many weeks.  What the hell is wrong with you MAGA's?  Everyone  couldn't have been dropped on their heads at birth....

3 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Establishment vs. anti establishment 

A little Push-back is a good thing and a sign that congress is more than just the uni-party 👍

Nothing wrong with voting on spending bills separately- unless you don’t care where your money is going…

It's never been a "uni party.  It's always been 2 parties.  Now the R party has fractured.  If you see that as a win.....

2 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Sure, while they're supposed to be doing the country's business including a looming gov't shut down, they'll be squabbling over who will be the next speaker.  I heard a moderate R rep (female) on NPR today saying Gaetz is Biden's favorite congressman.  She made exactly the point above:  nothing is going to get done for many weeks.  What the hell is wrong with you MAGA's?  Everyone  couldn't have been dropped on their heads at birth....

It's never been a "uni party.  It's always been 2 parties.  Now the R party has fractured.  If you see that as a win.....

It’s only an illusion of 2 parties if both parties keep voting for the same things…

Doesn’t give the people much of a choice when both sides are bought and paid for by the same corporations…👍

• Dislike 1

Watching Kevin McCarthy's presser now. 

I kind of like this new version!

Straight talking, calling out all the creeps and turncoats (including not just Gaetz, but also Nancy!) who left him twisting in the wind. Specifically mentions how Gaetz is sending out fundraising emails to try to cash in on the turmoil he's caused.

What a mess.

10 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

It’s only an illusion of 2 parties if both parties keep voting for the same things…

Doesn’t give the people much of a choice when both sides are bought and paid for by the same corporations…👍

C'mon.  the two parties have very different positions on every vital issue....

“I saw on the low info local news today and the nightly news network shows and Jimmy Fallon and the CCP run online news outlets with all their headlines and so I assume people are thinking this and that about what’s going on in the House because I still haven’t learned a thing from 2016.”

So sad people are this dumb.   

• Disagree 1

4 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

“I saw on the low info local news today and the nightly news network shows and Jimmy Fallon and the CCP run online news outlets with all their headlines and so I assume people are thinking this and that about what’s going on in the House because I still haven’t learned a thing from 2016.”

So sad people are this dumb.   

Wow.  and you all get your news from old tuck and Prob whatever.  proven liars and propagandists.  I listen to actual journalists who went to school for it and are committed to the profession.  The difference, once agin, is education.  And yes, it often makes people more liberal to be more educated.  Imagine that and why trump says he loves the uneducated....

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

2 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

I listen to actual journalists who went to school for it and are committed to the profession.  The difference, once agin, is education. 

That you in front?

gettyimages-806955840_slide-11e87b7f6bbd

Oh also for the record, Tucker Carlson is the best journalist in the country.  

That is absolute fact.  

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

C'mon.  the two parties have very different positions on every vital issue....

Except foreign policy and the military industrial complex that makes money off the backs of the taxpayers…it’s not right…

Its nice to see the silent majority finally given a voice…

1 hour ago, Roundybout said:

Republicans in disarray! A party simply not fit to lead America. How sad, but not unexpected one bit.

McCarthy peeved that Dems didn't rush in to save him.

I get it. He thought he'd earned some good will.

But really: when your opponent is busy committing suicide, you get the hell out of the way.

Even Uncle Newt recognizes how idiotic this whole thing is.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2023/10/03/newt-gingrich-matt-gaetz-remove/

Gaetz obviously hates House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) — and that’s fine. If Gaetz were simply a loudmouthed junior member who attacked McCarthy every day, that would be fine, too. He would just be isolated with a small group of lawmakers who can’t figure out how to get things done. They’d huddle together seeking warmth and reassurance from their fellow incompetents.

But Gaetz has gone beyond regular drama. He is destroying the House GOP’s ability to govern and draw a sharp contrast with the policy disasters of the Biden administration.

Former House speaker Nancy Pelosi (Calif.), a liberal Democrat with whom I disagree on almost everything, perfectly captured Gaetz’s childish behavior in an interview with CNN’s Jake Tapper on Sunday. Gaetz “has no sway” or influence in Congress, Pelosi said, “except to get on TV and to raise money on the internet.” Pelosi told Tapper he was “wasting [his] time on that guy.”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Wacka said:

MTG! MTG! MTG!😀

Hey Red! Right over your head. Hook, line and sinker.

2 minutes ago, Gene Frenkle said:

Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Two on the line!

Edited by Wacka

13 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Except foreign policy and the military industrial complex that makes money off the backs of the taxpayers…it’s not right…

Its nice to see the silent majority finally given a voice…

If this only results in single item votes. That alone will change alot. No more (free people love freedom bills) that are just giant sandwiched paydays to who knows what or where. Idiots screaming why you against the trillion dollar deal? what... you dont like freedom? 

Having people go on the record for individual bills AT THE VERY LEAST will show what these people truley stand for. Accountability? Having to work together on bills neither side can oppose on the record.

Dear god its armageddon. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

ESPN essentially doing what EVERY SINGLE “news” outlet does to “control” the narrative:

Or is it just crap journalism?  It happens.   Everything isn’t a conspiracy.   I find that people that overuse terms like narrative and bias tend to be full of *****.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

And it’s EVERY SINGLE fake news outlet.  

Duping 10s of millions of Karen’s and low info voters 24/7/365 

he settled for 300K.  and then there's this:

Hill's initial declaration for a temporary restraining order included documentation that she was diagnosed at a San Diego-area hospital with an acute head injury and assault by manual strangulation -- along with other injuries -- from being choked unconscious during what she described as consensual rough sex that went too far. Kelly Valencia, the forensic nurse examiner who performed the Sexual Assault Response Team (SART) exam on Hill later that night, testified during the initial hearing in August of 2021 and said the bruising she documented outside the woman's ***** was unlike any she had seen in her 40-plus years of experience.

So what is your point?

4 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

he settled for 300K.  and then there's this:

Hill's initial declaration for a temporary restraining order included documentation that she was diagnosed at a San Diego-area hospital with an acute head injury and assault by manual strangulation -- along with other injuries -- from being choked unconscious during what she described as consensual rough sex that went too far. Kelly Valencia, the forensic nurse examiner who performed the Sexual Assault Response Team (SART) exam on Hill later that night, testified during the initial hearing in August of 2021 and said the bruising she documented outside the woman's ***** was unlike any she had seen in her 40-plus years of experience.

So what is your point?

His point is that no one cares. Or that no one should care. If it wasn't a criminal act, just because Trevor Bauer gets off on choking women to the point of injury is, well, just a lifestyle choice.

Now if he were a good pitcher and a gentle soul who simply asked that he be called Tricia Bauer? THAT would be a basis for ending his career.

There you have it. Anti-woke logic in action.

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

cuz life has been so unfair to them....WAH!

That's what I find fascinating. We've had a few questions from various posters here lately: why do you bother to read/post here? 

Damn good question. 

Always looking for the good in others, I said, well, sometimes I actually learn something or get some insight.

Related: all of these Hell-in-a-Handbasket America (as it is today) haters are kind of my little social science focus group.

Most seem to be doing quite well personally, thank you. (Some who shall not be named are, in the favorite word of a former President, losers. But not everyone can be a winner.) And yet they're miserable. Nostalgic old men mostly, although some are old before their time. And with old men nostalgia is often expressed as frustration or anger. "The world isn't the way it used to be, dammit." Not as a nice grandfatherly this-is-how-we-lived-back-in-the-day sentiment.

Insight? Oh, yeah, definitely.

Keep posting, I will keep studying.

Edited by The Frankish Reich