Young people will save this country

6 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

It’s not even close. Hell I might have see more bad decision making on one college spring break alone than all of life leading up to it… 

Did you not grow up around other children?  Someone died in my neighborhood where I grew up because they decided to run after a ball and got hit by a car. 

Children have near-zero responsibility (babies probably have zero, period), so even if the decision making abilities of children was the same as college students (it's not), then the sheer difference in responsibility levels alone would produce different ratios.

I *think* what you're trying to say is that college students tend to have that sense of invincibility that comes with youth, which in turn leads them to make poorer decisions than they would have otherwise made without that sense of invincibility.  

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Capco said:

Did you not grow up around other children?  Someone died in my neighborhood where I grew up because they decided to run after a ball and got hit by a car. 

Children have near-zero responsibility (babies probably have zero, period), so even if the decision making abilities of children was the same as college students (it's not), then the sheer difference in responsibility levels alone would produce different ratios.

I *think* what you're trying to say is that college students tend to have that sense of invincibility that comes with youth, which in turn leads them to make poorer decisions than they would have otherwise made without that sense of invincibility.  

in the context of this thread ? So you think we should be looking to children or babies to save us? 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Corporate and billionaire PACs are targeting children.  And your* bragging about it 

The Political Victory Fund (NRA's PAC) appreciates your ignorance and support.

Kids and young people have been living through recurring active shooter drills for more than two decades.

These people see who is aligned with the gun lobby and taking zero action.

You freaks already lost... and YOU'RE* bragging about it.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

in the context of this thread ? So you think we should be looking to children or babies to save us? 

If that's the case, then that's fair.  But when I first asked, you did say that the decision making to responsibility ratio was worse for your college experience than it was before, so I had to press the point.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

10 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

College-aged adults tend to do some really silly things and make decisions uniformed by the wisdom that comes with experience.

Meanwhile:

giphy.gif

They never think. NEVER EVER THINK BEFORE THEY POST.

Kids are the future.

but its so Ironic the left is spending so much PAC/Charity moneys on this uneducated and lack of life experience group.

After the years of "trump loves the poorly educated"

When the DEMS are Got PACS like Everytown directly targeting HS kids.

Sunshine, HRC, ACT blue going directly at the college crowd.

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Pokebball said:

They do not work. They do not have family. They do not pay taxes. They do not have debt, except perhaps student loan debt. They do not pay property taxes. They are living off of their parents and the government. They don't have military service. They have no, absolutely no, management experience. They don't know what it means to live paycheck to paycheck. They really haven't had to take responsibility for themselves and their dependents.

Should they have a voice, sure. Are they still ignorant about so very much re life? Yep.

Oh brother, that's every generation when they were young. 

Less religious, less clannish, less bigoted, more open and educated. 

36 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Oh brother, that's every generation when they were young. 

Less religious, less clannish, less bigoted, more open and educated. 

at least we have progressed to the point you see how the DEMS are targeting the uneducated, the ignorant with massively funded PACS.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, BillStime said:

Meanwhile:

giphy.gif

They never think. NEVER EVER THINK BEFORE THEY POST.

Ok BillSy, I'll put you in the "No one becomes wiser after age 21" breakout group with Johnny Riverside.  

Meanwhile, of course, you shared a meme of an individual who ran for the highest office in the land, having never held public office previously, and shocked the world by knocking off the heir apparent and widely assumed shoo-in and lady landslide for the job.   

Spoiler alert--he was well outside his college years when all that took place.  

Preemptively, this lad was not a real doctor so keep your Doogie memes in your pocket:

image.png.3546f2361f2852a15619e6c4ec1bc7df.png

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Ok BillSy, I'll put you in the "No one becomes wiser after age 21" breakout group with Johnny Riverside.  

Meanwhile, of course, you shared a meme of an individual who ran for the highest office in the land, having never held public office previously, and shocked the world by knocking off the heir apparent and widely assumed shoo-in and lady landslide for the job.   

Spoiler alert--he was well outside his college years when all that took place.  

Preemptively, this lad was not a real doctor so keep your Doogie memes in your pocket:

image.png.3546f2361f2852a15619e6c4ec1bc7df.png

Keep digging. 

• Eyeroll 1

I feel for you if you think the younger generation will save the country YOUR CRAZY !! 

You are talking about the same youngsters that have their head buried in a iPad or a smart phone that are all about instagram or tweeter that have little or no social skills that are playing candy crush or some other video game for entertainment & that watch the bachelor, or Bachelorette, Jersey Shore, The Kardashians as their TV programs ?

And they think all of the Gov't so called free bees are deserved only because they were born in America & that puts them at the head of the line for the entitlements such as "Free Health care, College Loan forgiveness " and what ever BS they can dream up that they deserve & not have to work for .

Yah these are definitely the people that live in a world of reality are going to save the country boy you are delusional to say the least ...

Dude you need to rethink you stance .

• Thank you (+1) 2

13 hours ago, T master said:

I feel for you if you think the younger generation will save the country YOUR CRAZY !! 

You are talking about the same youngsters that have their head buried in a iPad or a smart phone that are all about instagram or tweeter that have little or no social skills that are playing candy crush or some other video game for entertainment & that watch the bachelor, or Bachelorette, Jersey Shore, The Kardashians as their TV programs ?

And they think all of the Gov't so called free bees are deserved only because they were born in America & that puts them at the head of the line for the entitlements such as "Free Health care, College Loan forgiveness " and what ever BS they can dream up that they deserve & not have to work for .

Yah these are definitely the people that live in a world of reality are going to save the country boy you are delusional to say the least ...

Dude you need to rethink you stance .

And many of them are on psych meds/pot thanks to Wuhan virus, climate change and TDS.

Edited by Doc
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 10/1/2023 at 11:14 AM, John from Riverside said:

One of the Democrats best demographics is college students

I would argue that they are a good demographic because they’ve got fresh mines that haven’t been bogged down with all the propaganda bull#### just ***** they’re just taking in everything

But needless to say, my point still stands

So you believe people who have never had to a work a 40 hour work week, pay a mortgage, and think only of themselves are the ideal democrats? Says a lot about you 

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Yep

I’m not quite sure what your point is here. Democrats are trying to get guns away from these kids well conservatives think that everyone should have one readily available to them.

1 hour ago, Orlando Tim said:

So you believe people who have never had to a work a 40 hour work week, pay a mortgage, and think only of themselves are the ideal democrats? Says a lot about you 

The mental gymnastics that you must’ve had to go through to come to that conclusion

Those kids are going to have to work those 40 hour work weeks in order to pay back what they owe from sleazy loaning officers

• Sad 1
  • Dislike 1

7 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Those kids are going to have to work those 40 hour work weeks in order to pay back what they owe from sleazy loaning officers

You think giving students loans is sleazy? Then you must hate Obama because he is the one who changed the rules making it much easier for a 18 year old to get loans.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Today's young generation thinks there are more than 2 genders. Many are soft and weak and get offended by everything. Saving this country. LOL. Sure, they will.

The radical feminist movement has over time turned many young men into sissies, reinforced by mommy and daddy obsessed with "safety" conditioning them to be afraid of everything.  All the Chinese and Russians need to do to beat this crew is address them with the wrong pronouns.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

You think giving students loans is sleazy? Then you must hate Obama because he is the one who changed the rules making it much easier for a 18 year old to get loans.

And in the process made tuition costs skyrocket.  I had saved enough money in my 529 for my older son based on where things stood in 2001, plus adding a little more.  I was a full year short of covering it all (thankfully he graduated a semester early).

• Like (+1) 1