Captain Andrew Luck makes appearance on TNF post game!

Big Blitz

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

13 minutes ago, BBFL said:

What a lad!

Love it when a joke is elevated to a level no one could have predicted!

Did the twitter handle in reference respond…?!

I saw the Twitter message posted on how the sf team has scored 30  each game they've played.  So it will be  a 31  30 Bills  SB victory  with what I imagine will be a last minute fg that dinks in off the right goalposts to purge the wide right loss to the Giants In the first sb that was supposed to be Bills 49ers until they let the giants beat 49ers to wreck the 1st Bills SB.  

Edited by AuntieEm

52 minutes ago, AuntieEm said:

Petersburg?  I'd say more like Gettysburg.  Petersburg sounds more like Russian revolution than the civil war.

Actually I googled it seems Petersburg VA was a major battle of the civil war.  I never invested as  much interest in early American military history.  I have a great uncle many times removed  that was a polish general alongside  Pulaski and Kosciusko who came to fight with the American revolutionaries when they lost Poland fight for independence from Russia and Prussian oppression.  My. Uncle chose to go to the Belgium Congo  instead.  So I guess my ancestor chose money over  ideology.  I tend to be more of an ideology supporter over money so I  don't think id get along with that great uncle. I'd have to try to see what impact he made in the Belgium Congo of that era to see if he turned to being an oppressor in the Belgium Congo. 

I've never researched  it probably because I'm disappointed he didn't come to America then for the just cause of independence that  they failed to secure  in Poland.  But if he had come to America then  it's likely his brother my direct ancestor  would have joined him which would alter my family's history that I'd not be here.  So can't be too disappointed in his choice. 

Edited by AuntieEm
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Dr.Sack said:

Got damn you need to go check it out, it’s only a few hours south of DC. 

I actually lived in silver springs MD for a time  and had I took more interest at the time to civil war battles I'm sure I wouĺd have checked it out.   I skimmed over much of American history  due to being more interested in my polish  ancestry and that history.  

25 minutes ago, AuntieEm said:

I actually lived in silver springs MD for a time  and had I took more interest at the time to civil war battles I'm sure I wouĺd have checked it out.   I skimmed over much of American history  due to being more interested in my polish  ancestry and that history.  

Polish history; German doormat, followed by Russian doormat, concluding to present NATO (U.S.) doormat. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Polish history; German doormat, followed by Russian doormat, concluding to present NATO (U.S.) doormat. 

Much more history than that.  In fact I think Thomas Jefferson  and some early constitution was heavily influenced by pulaski and Kosciusko.  Poland was ruled by a democratic elected  senate made up of Polish nobility.  They elected their king  and any issues of law were  voted on in polish senate of that time.  However any single noble in the senate could veto any proposed law thereby it promoted a very easy way to prevent any legislation  that was beneficial to polish interests  thru corruption and bribery.  Which is why us  required majority of senate to pass legislation.  It's still doesn't negate corruption  but it's not as easy as just buying 1 vote.  It takes a lot more effort to corrupt and prevent beneficial laws  in the US.  So don't know that I'd classify Poland as a doormat to the  US  currently.  Polish  people have always been supportive of independence  in large part being oppressed by Prussian empire on one side and Russian oppression on the other.

Edited by AuntieEm

56 minutes ago, AuntieEm said:

Much more history than that.  In fact I think Thomas Jefferson  and some early constitution was heavily influenced by pulaski and Kosciusko.  Poland was ruled by a democratic elected  senate made up of Polish nobility.  They elected their king  and any issues of law were  voted on in polish senate of that time.  However any single noble in the senate could veto any proposed law thereby it promoted a very easy way to prevent any legislation  that was beneficial to polish interests  thru corruption and bribery.  Which is why us  required majority of senate to pass legislation.  It's still doesn't negate corruption  but it's not as easy as just buying 1 vote.  It takes a lot more effort to corrupt and prevent beneficial laws  in the US.  So don't know that I'd classify Poland as a doormat to the  US  currently.  Polish  people have always been supportive of independence  in large part being oppressed by Prussian empire on one side and Russian oppression on the other.

when people tell Polish jokes, I like to tell them-You do realize more nobel prize winners are Polish.  Chopin, Copernicus, Marie Currie were not exactly stupid

1 hour ago, Pete said:

when people tell Polish jokes, I like to tell them-You do realize more nobel prize winners are Polish.  Chopin, Copernicus, Marie Currie were not exactly stupid

My mother went to school in France near Paris at a polish school that madame curies granddaughters attended.   My mother was born the year madame curie passed away so her granddaughters never knew her  capt for  what their parents told them.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.