Dawkins, Morse & Brown

PepeSilvia

All 3 of these guys consistently got pushed around all game.

I know the jets d-line will do that to a lot of teams but game after game it seems these 3 don’t generate enough push in the run game, especially dawkins

i feel like he gets a pass because he’s a nice guy, but he’s soft. He consistently gets beat by speed rushers because he’s too slow, and he gets overpowered by bull rushers. 

You can’t fix the o-line in one off season but failing to address it in the draft in years past caught up big time last year and isn’t looking any better 1 game into this year

Edited by PepeSilvia
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

7 minutes ago, Logic said:

Your thread title is rather vague, and the post itself surely could have been put into one of the many already-existing discussion threads about Monday's game.

Aside from that, great job.

It’s not just about Monday nights game. It’s an overall statement about how those 3 aren’t very good

• Dislike 1

Josh needs to be under center more and not in the shotgun, keep his eyes on the defense and not have to watch the snap first. 3 step drop and get rid of it. utilize play action would also help freeze defenders. If he's in the gun continually the D lineman are going straight rush all the time. waiting for the ball to be snapped over a second is wasted waiting for the ball to get to his hands and for him to set his feet. The offensive lines job is to give him 3 seconds to make a decision, teamwise everyone played well enough to win the game other than Josh. I keep reading how josh has no confidence in his line, why should the line have confidence in him? Do you want to block a Quinnen Williams for 4 quarters for a guy that is so careless with the football? The finger pointing and TBD and Mafia whipping boy should begin and end with Allen he needs to mature as a QB. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I do think more under center snaps are warranted. and scripted plays to set up other plays. Going back in passpro must be exhausting for O line. i was watching that. And when the play call trend went to shotgun , i thought "here we go, and here hey come "
  two and three step drops might be better in PA scenario. and scripted one-two read calls

How many passes attempted last week while the Jest just pinned their ears ? and longer routes like last season.

but honestly i dont know

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Not being able to run against light boxes, combined with Allen refusing to do anything that resembles an extension of the run game via short/quick passes, is how you’ll never be able to push the ball down the field against top defenses. 

Allen was 17/21 with all short passes at one point in the game mknday.  Problem is thst offensive strategy does not generate enough points. 

1 hour ago, 3rdand12 said:

I do think more under center snaps are warranted. and scripted plays to set up other plays. Going back in passpro must be exhausting for O line. i was watching that. And when the play call trend went to shotgun , i thought "here we go, and here hey come "
  two and three step drops might be better in PA scenario. and scripted one-two read calls

How many passes attempted last week while the Jest just pinned their ears ? and longer routes like last season.

but honestly i dont know

We have to have multiple tells on the play calls. Opposing defenses almost always seem

to know our play. 

Edited by Chaos

4 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Allen was 17/21 with all short passes at one point in the game mknday.  Problem is thst offensive strategy does not generate enough points. 

We have to have multiple tells on the play calls. Opposing defenses almost always see

to know our play. 

Oh heck yes.
Bills are an easy read.

Even i can see whats coming

#79 went to a DII school and played 2 years of organized football or something. 

We all knew he was going to be a problem again and yet here we are being told by our GM that he had a back injury last year, not enough reps in Training Camp, needs a full offseason. 

So in this instance, none of this was a surprise and there were options in the Draft to address this and the Bills choose not to. 

Maybe they will deal Kaiir Elam at the trade deadline for a RT. 

1 hour ago, PepeSilvia said:

All 3 of these guys consistently got pushed around all game.

I know the jets d-line will do that to a lot of teams but game after game it seems these 3 don’t generate enough push in the run game, especially dawkins

i feel like he gets a pass because he’s a nice guy, but he’s soft. He consistently gets beat by speed rushers because he’s too slow, and he gets overpowered by bull rushers. 

You can’t fix the o-line in one off season but failing to address it in the draft in years past caught up big time last year and isn’t looking any better 1 game into this year

Can you name 10 centers you’d rather have over Morse?

Edited by FireChans

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.