Bills are adjusting to a lot and are going to get better

transplantbillsfan

Here's something that I'd like help with. Everyone says the Jets D confuses Allen or whatever term you want to use. Here's where I need an explanation. The year prior to the Jets hitting their HC. The Bills played the 49ers and Josh was 32/40 375 yards with 4TDs. The 9ers DC that year is the Jets HC Robert Saleh. The 49ers also have had a great D for years. Someone explain why would Josh struggle against the same D.

Just now, Aussie Joe said:

So now we gotta count the  “nearly lost its”…

I’ll feel a lot better when JA has won a couple of championships before people start comparing him to Mahomes, Brady and Manning..: even in a negative way..

Do you think this conversation wouldn't still be happening if somehow we eeked that game out with a Field Goal to win the game in Overtime?

53 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I’m not going down a QB argument with you because you will spin it every time.  You did this with Tyrod Taylor and EJ Manuel back on the BBMB days.

You relentlessly made excuses for them and looks like you’re still that guy.

Its okay to be pissed and say our QB sucked.  He only has a +6 TD/INT ratio in his last 12 games.  That’s pretty bad.  He might be in the negative if you include fumbles.  

It doesn’t mean I hate Allen or think he sucks.  Monday Night was flat out embarrassing and shouldn’t have happened.  The double fumble showed he was mentally out if it.  The wreckless/immature style is what you worry about as a rookie, not year 6.

I

I agree with absolutely everything you said here.

What I disagree with is your statement that this was somehow on another level and this kind of game hasn't happened to other experienced great QBs.

Allen sucked sucked sucked!!!

You can simultaneously believe that and also believe it was a blip that won't become a trend.

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I agree with absolutely everything you said here.

What I disagree with is your statement that this was somehow on another level and this kind of game hasn't happened to other experienced great QBs.

Allen sucked sucked sucked!!!

You can simultaneously believe that and also believe it was a blip that won't become a trend.

Allen is the best player to wear a Bills jersey in 30 years and potentially ever.

Allen threw away the game on Monday night against an inferior QB opponent after being in a game winning position 

Also…Both things can be true…

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Billever76 said:

Ummm did you know manning through his first 5 yrs had 100 interceptions?

Again, its the types of INT’s he’s throwing.  He had been telling us since his rookie year he would stop this hero ball stuff.   He should not be making rookie mistakes year 6.

Throwing INT’s is one thing, throwing INT’s on balls you should be throwing out of bounds instead of throwing it up into double coverage is another.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Again, its the types of INT’s he’s throwing.  He had been telling us since his rookie year he would stop this hero ball stuff.   He should not be making rookie mistakes year 6.

Throwing INT’s is one thing, throwing INT’s on balls you should be throwing out of bounds instead of throwing it up into double coverage is another.

Manning did that also 😂...maybe you need to go back and watch some of them

7 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Yet manning had almost double the ints than Allen through their first 5 yrs...somehow Mannings interceptions were better? 😂

1 hour ago, Starr Almighty said:

Here's something that I'd like help with. Everyone says the Jets D confuses Allen or whatever term you want to use. Here's where I need an explanation. The year prior to the Jets hitting their HC. The Bills played the 49ers and Josh was 32/40 375 yards with 4TDs. The 9ers DC that year is the Jets HC Robert Saleh. The 49ers also have had a great D for years. Someone explain why would Josh struggle against the same D.

It's not the same defense as the players are different and the year Allen balled out against San Fran they weren't great at all..matter of fact they were bad

1 minute ago, Billever76 said:

Manning did that also 😂...maybe you need to go back and watch some of them

Sorry, I don’t remember Manning scrambling to his non-throwing side, running towards out of bounds, turning to throw an uncatchable downfield.  I also don’t remember him fumbling a snap, picking it up, fumbling again when he ran straight into a defensive lineman like Mark Sanchez.

Is his play of wreckless and immature not a correct statement?

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

I quoted this part of your post for emphasis to comment on the bolded.

What I don't know (and can't figure out how to find the answer) is this "downfield" tendency a called play by Dorsey?  I don't know if that is true.

In all my years of watching football I was under the belief that on a certain multi-receiver play it is foolish for the OC to pre-determine which

of the receivers will ultimately get the pass.  With all the defensive pre-snap high jinks and realignments, it would be hard for the OC to know

the deep pass (for instance) is going to be the advantageous throw.  I always assumed that is on the QB shoulders.

Isn't the QB tasked with surveying the Ds alignment (both pre-snap and then again post-snap) to determine of all the possible pass routes,

which receiver will have the best advantage on each particular play called?  Then upon the snap he keys on one or two defenders' initial movements

to confirm his choices.

So you can see, while I believe that there are too many times when the deep pass(es) are looked at first, I just don't know if it's Dorsey

wanting that, or both him and Josh wanting it or just Josh making the deep throws his priority.  Without truly knowing what's going on

behind the scenes I have a hard time pointing fingers to who or what the real problem is.

McDermott is ultimately responsible for emphasizing and/or correcting any issues like this, but I have a hard time pointing the finger his way too,

once again due to not knowing what is going on behind the scenes.  Is McDermott asking Dorsey why all the deep throws and Dorsey replies,

I don't know, I gave a play with 5 options, 2 deep, 2 intermediate and 1 short. I use this speculation as an example only.

So you can see, looking at this way, I just don't know what is wrong and who needs to adjust.

LOL, all I want is a couple long methodical TD drives a game.  I haven't seen many of these lately.

Fair points and good post.  I will say while I think its fair to assume some of that takes place, there is an order progression generally on play designs.  And a lot of plays are designed to get certain players open and often those players have route options based on the D and alignments they see.

9 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Sorry, I don’t remember Manning scrambling to his non-throwing side, running towards out of bounds, turning to throw an uncatchable downfield.  I also don’t remember him fumbling a snap, picking it up, fumbling again when he ran straight into a defensive lineman like Mark Sanchez.

bad plays happen to the best of them

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

When you say they were bad you mean top 10? Bad? 

6-10 bad brah..you tried

17 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Tom Brady had a game with 5 ints and not early on either 😂

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Fair points and good post.  I will say while I think its fair to assume some of that takes place, there is an order progression generally on play designs.  And a lot of plays are designed to get certain players open and often those players have route options based on the D and alignments they see.

I agree there is much more to it than my simplistic example.  You added the 2nd tier to that and I'm sure there is more.

If Dorsey's play calling insists that his "progression" be followed to the letter and Josh is going along with that, it's not good.

If Josh is adlibbing too much, that's not good either.  McDermott would have to get involved and get them to spread the ball

around both in players and areas of the field.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.