Bills are adjusting to a lot and are going to get better

transplantbillsfan

16 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

These games shouldn’t happen in Year 6.  Bad games happen but this was at a different level.

I know what you're saying - but there have been a lot of these sentiments, like "elite QB's don't have these kinds of games."

They kind of do.  Tom Brady was the most efficient QB I've ever seen, and he had a terrible game in the 1st Giants SB.  He also had some bad games against us - in that game that Fitz won, I think he threw 4 picks.  Same w/ Peyton Manning, Rodgers, Big Ben - anyone who we consider to be a top QB, or an experienced vet.

I am as dismayed by JA's performance as anyone, but until it becomes a pattern, I can't worry about it too much.  As the days go by here, I keep thinking of what a surreal, kind of loopy 1st week game that was.  Many week 1 games are like that, but with all of the drama around Rodgers, and emotional swings, I just can't put too much stock in it right now.

At halftime, I thought Allen was having a pretty solid game.  I think he was 17-21 at one point.  If he puts another foot on that ball to Cook, it's a TD and the game is likely over.  Obviously, the wheels came off after that, but in the scheme of things it's just a bad half of football.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

This'll make a few of my favorite posters mad...

but sure seems to ring true after week 2

Let's see what they do when they go up against top tier defenses.  I'm encouraged they used Kincaid more inline this week so for one game they showed they're at least committed to altering how they attack defenses on offense.  

• Agree 1

On 9/13/2023 at 7:02 PM, Starr Almighty said:

Here's something that I'd like help with. Everyone says the Jets D confuses Allen or whatever term you want to use. Here's where I need an explanation. The year prior to the Jets hitting their HC. The Bills played the 49ers and Josh was 32/40 375 yards with 4TDs. The 9ers DC that year is the Jets HC Robert Saleh. The 49ers also have had a great D for years. Someone explain why would Josh struggle against the same D.

Okay, imo, the starting Offense should have been more thoroughly prepped in the preseason games, and they weren’t, they were very “rusty” as the saying goes.  We as well were implementing a new offensive scheme, what football nerds call “12 personnel”, with a lot of underneath passing, something Josh finds hard to wrap his head around, he did not trust the game plan in other words. Josh then reverted to the long ball, when his teammates had been practicing a short throw offense for weeks, so Josh making, shall we say, “ poor decisions”, otherwise known as stupid throws into multiple coverage…, is this explanation working for you? Anyway that’s how I read what happened and why, 

GO BILLS!!!

7 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Okay, imo, the starting Offense should have been more thoroughly prepped in the preseason games, and they weren’t, they were very “rusty” as the saying goes.  We as well were implementing a new offensive scheme, what football nerds call “12 personnel”, with a lot of underneath passing, something Josh finds hard to wrap his head around, he did not trust the game plan in other words. Josh then reverted to the long ball, when his teammates had been practicing a short throw offense for weeks, so Josh making, shall we say, “ poor decisions”, otherwise known as stupid throws into multiple coverage…, is this explanation working for you? Anyway that’s how I read what happened and why, 

GO BILLS!!!

I was at the game lol I wasn't talking about solely this game but vs The Jets as a whole

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.