Top 10 Silver Linings From Tonight's Game

MPL

Well that was drag. But it's a long season and we've got to keep our spirits high. So here are tonight's top 10 silver linings!

1. We only have to play the Jets defense once more this year!
2. We might finally suck enough to draft a #2 WR like Tee Higgins!
3. We can free up a roster space by cutting Sam Martin since Josh Allen has assumed the role of punter!
4. We looked this bad in the 2021 opener and look how we ended that season! 
5. We probably won't have to hear about the Jets being Super Bowl bound anymore!
6. Josh Allen quickly ended his MVP bid so he can lighten up and play more loose and free!
7. Turns out Leslie Frazier wasn't the issue with the run D!
8. Josh Allen didn't puke before the game!
9. Statistics say Josh Allen has to win an overtime game at some point. Best to save it for a time when it really matters!
10. There's no way this game wasn't scripted! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I think this game might finally wake Josh Allen the ***** up and he will stop being a turnover machine. He is the single reason we lost this game and he knows it and he knows he’s sucked. If the result of this loss gets him to finally realize that a lot of good will come from it. 

on the flip side of this game doesn’t teach him that we are screwed.

• Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Dorsey has a good game plan...keep chipping away with runs, short throws, screens. Take 3-4 yards wherever its given. Then Josh Allen decides..imma keep chucking this thing as far as I can. Josh cannot play chess with elite defenses our defense played well enough that throwing it at ankles or taking a sack and punting the ball isnt a bad thing, make Wilson drive the field every possession. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 4

On a positive note, we only have to wait 6 days for a chance at redemption, as opposed to the Chiefs, who have to wait 10. Anyway, we often start slow. Remember 2021? We lost to Pittsburgh, but then finished hot, being the better team against the Chiefs in the playoffs.

6 hours ago, 4th&long said:

I think this game might finally wake Josh Allen the ***** up and he will stop being a turnover machine. He is the single reason we lost this game and he knows it and he knows he’s sucked. If the result of this loss gets him to finally realize that a lot of good will come from it. 

I’m sick of his postgame ‘I have to be better’ and then he isn’t.

Without a major change to coaching, I don’t see it being any different.  He loves hero ball.

• Like (+1) 2

I’m thinking what happened with Josh last night could turnout to be a blessing in disguise. During this offseason we have heard a lot of talk from him about wanting to change his ways from trying to do too much and putting himself and the team in harms way with foolish pass attempts leading to INT’s, reckless runs where he takes unnecessary hits and costly fumbles where he fails to protect the ball well enough. So last night he immediately showed talk is cheap and carrying through with these assurances and promises is hard to do. It’s not as easy a flipping a light switch.

Now after this prime time embarrassment where he single-handedly lost the game for the team he hopefully will see that you just can’t talk about changing. Better this happen now and he rights his own ship than he coasts along well into the season being somewhat true to his word, but not totally and the Josh we saw last night rears it’s ugly head in a really important game late in the season.

So hopefully what happened last night will finally be the last straw to make JA do what it takes to be true to his words. If so it might just be exactly what the doctor ordered.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, 4th&long said:

How many times are we going to say this?

1 minute ago, JMM said:

How many times are we going to say this?

I’ve never said it. He says it but never follow thru on it. My hope is that the embarrassment of the loss and the fact that it can be pinned totally on him finally changes him. 

he thrown bad picks before but I don’t think a loss could be pinned squarely on him like that since his rookie season probably.

36 minutes ago, BobbyC81 said:

I’m sick of his postgame ‘I have to be better’ and then he isn’t.

Without a major change to coaching, I don’t see it being any different.  He loves hero ball.

I haven't listened to post game bs in years.  I let their play do the talking.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.