Josh Allen since the KC win last season….22 TD’s and 16 INT’s.

Beast

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Slide?

You wont get an argument from me LOL. 

Im just trying to figure out/rationalize why JA would try to jump on that play. 

Also on another note, Josh's stats since KC (really after 2nd half of GB) is disturbing. The only thing is with the injury he had, I dont want to give him a pass necessarily, but at the same time, not condemn him either for the second half of the season since he had the injury.

Edited by letsgoteam

1 minute ago, letsgoteam said:

You wont get an argument from me LOL. 

Im just trying to figure out/rationalize why JA would try to jump on that play. 

It's 3rd down and they need a conversion.

He's not going to give up on it.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

I think the issue is it’s not one game. This may be the worst but he’s struggled since the second half of the Packers game last year. And the weaknesses exploited by the Jets tonight are nothing new.

He tore his UCL after the Packers game, and he STILL balled out for the most part. He still won us games. Yeah, it was different than the first 6 games, but he still made magic happen. He tends to have a lot of turnovers every year. Tonight was just one of his worst, and this time around they cost us, but it's one freaking game. I think we need at least a few more before we come to crazy thoughts like trading him and whatever nonsense being said.

He did not get off to a stellar start in 2021 either. His first two games were terrible, but he turned it around, and put on quite a show in the playoffs.

Edited by Aimee75

1 minute ago, Simon said:

Did you want him to lay down?

That's not going to happen.

Nor should it.

Yes. I want him to slide there. I want him to play smart football.

On the INT to Diggs he had a clear running path to the 1st also. He just wasn’t very smart.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Agree 4

8 minutes ago, Simon said:

Either provide a link for this or your just spreading false rumors.

Id have to pull the link. I’m out of pocket and struggling to dig it up quickly. I’m paraphrasing, but he’s referring to the McAfee interview where Josh says, “Of course I watch film. But I try not to over do it. Teams play us differently than what we see on film. I prefer to trust my eyes in real time”. 

Again, paraphrasing. But that’s the gist. 

3 minutes ago, Aimee75 said:

He tore his UCL after the Packers game, and he STILL balled out for the most part. He still won us games. Yeah, it was different than the first 6 games, but he still made magic happen. He tends to have a lot of turnovers every year. Tonight was just one of his worst, and this time around they cost us, but it's one freaking game. I think we need at least a few more before we come to crazy thoughts like trading him and whatever nonsense being said.

He did not get off to a stellar start in 2021 either. His first two games were terrible, but he turned it around, and put on quite a show in the playoffs.

Maybe I am being unfair but I’m tired. I’m tired of seeing the same issues with Josh, him saying he’s working on them and yet nothing changes. As he says himself, same old s**t on a different day. He can talk the talk at least.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Ok you didn’t watch the game. That was the 2nd quarter. They were up 10-3. He’s jumping into 3 Jets 7 yards from the first.

Actually I did watch the game; I just thought it was in the 3rd qrtr instead of late in the 2nd.

But thanks anyways for the insult.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Come on man, you said late in the game. The leap of faith also came right after he under threw James Cook for a TD.

I thought it was in the 2nd half, not at the very end of the first.

Regardless, I don't want anybody laying down instead of doing whatever it takes to try and convert a key third down.

Not sure what that has to do with the lack of air on the Cook throw.

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Ok you didn’t watch the game. That was the 2nd quarter. They were up 10-3. He’s jumping into 3 Jets 7 yards from the first.

Completely spitballing but here goes… Josh does the salmon jump in the second quarter, Dorsey absolutely lays into him for it - understandably - either at the time or at half time. Josh’s seemingly already fragile confidence is knocked. He’s tries to make up for it by trying too hard. Things aren’t coming off. He pushes himself further but it’s now snowballing with error after error. It’s only when the game on the line in the final series that he manages, to an extent, reset. 

May be miles off but I can see this happening.

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

Completely spitballing but here goes… Josh does the salmon jump in the second quarter, Dorsey absolutely lays into him for it - understandably - either at the time or at half time. Josh’s seemingly already fragile confidence is knocked. He’s tries to make up for it by trying too hard. Things aren’t coming off. He pushes himself further but it’s now snowballing with error after error. It’s only when the game on the line in the final series that he manages, to an extent, reset. 

May be miles off but I can see this happening.

Probably not Dorsey but definitely McDermott was probably all over him at halftime. The hop and a prayer happened after he refused to slide earlier and McDermott was  seen yelling “play smarter “

1 hour ago, Process said:

Burrow in Week 1 last year... 5 turnovers, OT loss

Burrow in Week 1 this year... 80 yards, 0 TD, 3 points, blowout loss 

Burrow in Week 1 last year... Weeks off major surgery, missed 90% of preseason, lost over 20 pounds had 6 practices before game.

Burrow in Week 1 this year... Missed the last 6 weeks of preseason, had a total of 3 full participation practices, played hurt in a monsoon, vs defense with no tape and Myles Garrett.

• Thank you (+1) 1

He has a look of shame. He thinks it's all his fault cause he's been made to win it by himself on the offensive side. Now they preach to get down, protect yourself. He slings it all over the place . There's no calm, method to wear anyone down cause there's no running game. They may create a real head case.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.