NFL Week 1 2023 (September 10) TV Broadcast Maps and Schedule

chongli

[UPDATE: FOX-Early map updated Thursday. Map below has been updated. See also my post below for changes.]

[UPDATE 2: FOX-Early map updated Friday. Map below has been updated. See also my post below for changes.]

[UPDATE 3: CBS-Late map updated Friday. Map below has been updated. See also my post below for changes.]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2023&wk=1

[UK listings near the bottom]

"September 10, 2023

All listings are unofficial and subject to change. Check back often for updates."

NFL Week 1 2023 - September 10, 2023

NATIONAL BROADCASTS:

NFL Kickoff - SNF - NBC

Thursday, September 7 - 8:20 PM ET:

Detroit at Kansas City

Mike Tirico, Chris Collinsworth, Melissa Stark

SNF - NBC

Sunday, September 10 - 8:20 PM ET:

Dallas at New York Giants 

Mike Tirico, Chris Collinsworth, Melissa Stark

MNF - ESPN/ABC/ESPN2/ESPN+

Monday, September 11 - 8:15 PM ET:

Buffalo at New York Jets

Joe Buck, Troy Aikman, Lisa Salters

[ManningCast on ESPN2 and ESPN+]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Both CBS and FOX get a doubleheader Week 1 (and also Week 18).]

CBS Early

Sunday, September 10 - 1 PM ET:

01-CBS-E.png

█ Red (including Alaska and Hawaii):

Cincinnati at Cleveland:

(2) Ian Eagle, Charles Davis, Evan Washburn

█ Blue:

Tampa Bay at Minnesota

(4) Andrew Catalon, Tiki Barber, Matt Ryan, AJ Ross

█ Green:

Houston at Baltimore

(5) Spero Dedes, Adam Archuleta, Aditi Kinkhabwala

Yellow (Yellow):

Tennessee at New Orleans

(7) Chris Lewis, Jason McCourty, Ross Tucker, Amanda Guerra

CBS Late

Sunday, September 10 - 4:25 PM ET:

01-CBS-L-V2.png

█ Red (including Alaska):

Philadelphia at New England

(1) Jim Nantz, Tony Romo, Tracy Wolfson

█ Blue (including Hawaii):

Miami at Los Angeles Chargers

(3) Kevin Harlan, Trent Green, Melanie Collins

█ Green:

Las Vegas at Denver

(6) Tom McCarthy, James Lofton, Jay Feely, Tiffany Blackmon

FOX Early

Sunday, September 10 - 1 PM ET:

01-FOX-E-V3.png

█ Red (including Alaska and Hawaii):

San Francisco at Pittsburgh

(2) Joe Davis, Daryl Johnston, Pam Oliver

█ Blue:

Arizona at Washington

(3) Adam Amin, Mark Schlereth, Kristina Pink

█ Green:

Jacksonville at Indianapolis

Kenny Albert, Jonathan Vilma, Shannon Spake

Yellow (Yellow):

Carolina at Atlanta

(6) Chris Myers, Robert Smith, Jen Hale

FOX Late

Sunday, September 10 - 4:25 PM ET:

01-FOX-L.png

█ Red:

Green Bay at Chicago

(1) Kevin Burkhardt, Greg Olsen, Erin Andrews, Tom Rinaldi

█ Blue (including Alaska and Hawaii):

Los Angeles Rams at Seattle

Kevin Kugler, Mark Sanchez, Laura Okmin

UK:

https://www.skysports.com/nfl/news/12118/12950824/nfl-2023-season-live-on-sky-sports-kansas-city-chiefs-miami-dolphins-new-york-jets-and-san-francisco-49ers-in-action-across-opening-three-weeks

https://www.nfl.com/news/where-to-watch-the-nfl-in-2023-in-the-uk

NFL Kickoff - SNF

Friday, September 8 - 1:20 AM BST:

Detroit at Kansas City

Sky Sports NFL and Showcase

Sunday Early Game

Sunday, September 10 - 6 PM BST:

San Francisco at Pittsburgh

Sky Sports NFL and Part Sky Sports Main Event

[Neil Reynolds and Phoebe Schecter are anchoring the studios live from Acrisure Stadium]

[Phoebe Schecter is a former Buffalo Bills coach!]

Sunday Late Game

Sunday, September 10 - 9:25 PM BST:

Miami at Los Angeles Chargers

Sky Sports NFL

[Hannah Wilkes and Jason Bell are anchoring from the Sky Studios in London]

SNF

Monday, September 11 - 1:20 AM BST:

Dallas at New York Giants

Sky Sports NFL and Sky Sports Main Event

MNF

Tuesday, September 12 - 1:15 AM BST:

Buffalo at New York Jets

Sky Sports NFL, Sky Sports Main Event, and Channel 5

[Channel 5 broadcasters: Kirsten Watson, Maurice Jones-Drew, Gregg Rosenthal]

NFL Redzone hosted by Scott Hanson is also available in the UK on Sundays beginning at 6 PM BST on Sky Sports Mix [thanks to @BritBill for mentioning this!]:

https://www.nfl.com/news/where-to-watch-the-nfl-in-2023-in-the-uk

NFL Gamepass - DAZN:

NFL RedZone is also available on DAZN:

https://www.dazn.com/en-GB/news/american-football/nfl-game-pass-international-on-dazn-how-to-watch-live-games/214xfjy73nnw1o2olstv9ks5x

Bye Week:

none

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 6

13 minutes ago, BritBill said:

Nice touch with the UK broadcasts, chongli. Cheers! 

There are tons of loyal fans in the UK like you, so I am happy to help. Let me know if you, or anybody else, sees anything wrong. [For example, I had to lookup time zones in the UK yesterday to figure out the difference between "BST" and "GMT"! And I had to learn what "fixture" meant in British English.]

Edited by chongli
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, chongli said:

There are tons of loyal fans in the UK like you, so I am happy to help. Let me know if you, or anybody else, sees anything is wrong. [For example, I had to lookup time zones in the UK yesterday to figure out the difference between "BST" and "GMT"! And I had to learn what "fixture" meant in British English.]

Looks good to me! RedZone is also available on Sky Sports Mix each Sunday at 6pm BST 👍

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

Yes!  The 506 is back on Wednesdays!   To me this is when football officially starts.  Now with that said I don 't know why I get so excited to check each week, as I spend the majority of non Bills time on NFL Redzone.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Won't complain about seeing the Eagles smack around the Pats*** but it seems like Mia@LAC would have been the much better game to showcase nationally for CBS in their late slot.

I know, markets and what-not, but just based on competition alone you'd think that game would get a strong consideration. Could play heavily into potential tie breaking scenarios down the line.

• Like (+1) 2

So, NOBODY wants to watch Jacksonville? 🤣 

I wonder if the London channels will look any better..🤔

They're a sad sack organization who only got in the League by an 11th hour hustle in ‘94 by promising full sellouts for their first 5 seasons. It meant every visiting team would receive 50% of full house receipts while attempting to build a local following in a college-only football market. 
A complete joke of a franchise who’ve now been blessed with the easiest damn schedule the NFL could draw up. 

STILL CAN’T SELL OUT HOME GAMES!

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

So, NOBODY wants to watch Jacksonville? 🤣 

I wonder if the London channels will look any better..🤔

They're a sad sack organization who only got in the League by an 11th hour hustle in ‘94 by promising full sellouts for their first 5 seasons. It meant every visiting team would receive 50% of full house receipts while attempting to build a local following in a college-only football market. 
A complete joke of a franchise who’ve now been blessed with the easiest damn schedule the NFL could draw up. 

STILL CAN’T SELL OUT HOME GAMES!

They're a very fair weather fan base. I think with them making the playoffs last year, being likely favorites to win the division this year and the easy schedule.... they will have people in the stands (and pool) this year. Throw in that they now have a team that looks like it may actually be fun to watch and Jacksonville may do pretty well over the next 4-5 years for themselves.

• Like (+1) 2

UPDATE

The FOX-Early map switched on Thursday from SF-PIT to CAR-ATL for the following DMA's:

Jackson, Meridian, and Hattiesburg, MS

Knoxville, TN

Monroe, LA

The map in the original post has been updated.

These reason for this switch is because this is SEC territory, and they are interested in Bryce Young from Alabama.

Edited by chongli

1 hour ago, FrenchConnection said:

That Fox late map is interesting with those two tiny islands of yellow. I guess Austin is getting Carolina/Atlanta because of Robinson, but why is half of the state of Louisiana getting that game?

Yeah that is a good observation. New Orleans is showing CAR-ATL against the home team TEN-NO game for three reasons I suspect:

1. They are both division rivals.

2. The whole area is SEC county and they want to see how Bryce Young does.

3. New Orleans, being in the deep south and NFC, probably doesn't care much about AFC north teams, at least this early in the season.

3 hours ago, Metal Man said:

Won't complain about seeing the Eagles smack around the Pats*** but it seems like Mia@LAC would have been the much better game to showcase nationally for CBS in their late slot.

I know, markets and what-not, but just based on competition alone you'd think that game would get a strong consideration. Could play heavily into potential tie breaking scenarios down the line.

The problem is most of the time the lead late game gets the highest ratings of any slot, even more than SNF. So the networks try to steer as much attention into that game. Even Sunday Ticket gets in the game and advocates for the national game since they want to force viewers into purchasing their plan. They can't if the game is being shown when it isn't required to by the rules. That, and the fact that LA is not a football town.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Any Canadian friends happen to know if game will be on in St. Catherines?  A fellow Snow-Mexican of mine is wanting to hold of on buying DAZN for a week or two if avoidable?

Yes, the game is on TSN, CTV, and RDS:

https://www.bellmedia.ca/the-lede/press/nfl-on-tsn-tsn-ctv-and-rds-week-1-thursday-sept-7-to-monday-sept-11/

3 hours ago, Simon said:

Thanks Bolo,

Not picking up Sunday Ticket for the first time in 20+ years, I'm going to really appreciate this all season. 🤙

Haha...smart choice. Way too expensive. And glad to help! 😆

Edited by chongli
  • Thank you (+1) 1

UPDATE 3:

CBS Late:

New Orleans, LA has switched PHI-NE to LV-DEN (Friday)

This is because of Sean Payton, lol. Their fair-weather fans are more concerned with a former coach than the better game with an NFC rival.

Map has been updated.

Edited by chongli

On 9/7/2023 at 7:41 AM, Metal Man said:

I'm in SE FL so I always get Fish games no matter what, but I was really surprised to see so much of the country getting that late dog of a game!

Woof!

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.