Bills podcasts

Riverboat Ritchie

Due to NFL ticket, made switch to you tube and suspended membership until today for college ball, so had no cable and like kids just started watching you tube videos.  Curious who everyone likes for Bills Podcasts.  I have been almost a daily consumer of Locked on Bills as I really like format, length (30 mins) and analysis of Joe Marino. Buffalo Plus OK and a few other ones. Any other suggestions?  

• Like (+1) 1

“Shout” is good.  Typically 45-50 minutes.

Anything from Cover 1 is very good, typically 60-90 minutes. 

Buffalo Beat w/ Joe Buscaglia, “It’s Always Gameday” and Bills Chat Podcast all decent but less frequent content. 

We seem to have an absurd amount of content creators for our team.. not sure if this is the same across the NFL?

Edited by SCBills
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, akcash said:

Cover 1, Buffalo Fanatics, Buffalo Rumblings. All channels filled with solid content. Dan Mitchell too.

You think Fanatics and Dan Mitchell are solid content?  Sheeesh.  They were fun when the bills hype train began, but the content on both of those channels is trash imo.

Besides Marino, cover 1 and Buffalo Rumblings are the only channels that sometimes have solid content.

cover 1 is overdoing it.  They went from quality based to quantity based.   I really enjoy Erik and Greg.  Anthony is knowledgeable but his voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me now.  The air raid hour is entertaining   The rest of the content they throw out there is pure 🗑️ 

On Buffalo rumblings, Joe Miller has the voice and is a solid moderator for Fina.  I’ll listen to their pod weekly.  But that’s OT for the most part

edit: as @SCBills mentioned- Shout is solid.  I’m not a Talbot guy, but I enjoy Parrino.  I think he’s one of the better, if not the best local Bills reporter.  The content is sometimes weak, but I’ll still listen once or twice a week

8 minutes ago, SCBills said:

“Shout” is good.  Typically 45-50 minutes.

Anything from Cover 1 is very good, typically 60-90 minutes. 

Buffalo Beat w/ Joe Buscaglia, “It’s Always Gameday” and Bills Chat Podcast all decent but less frequent content. 

We seem to have an absurd amount of content creators for our team.. not sure if this is the same across the NFL?

Anything from Erik Turner is good.  Most things from Tompsett is good.  The rest of cover 1—- meh. 

Edited by NewEra
  • Agree 3

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You think Fanatics and Dan Mitchell are solid content?  Sheeesh.  They were fun when the bills hype train began, but the content on both of those channels is trash imo.

Besides Marino, cover 1 and Buffalo Rumblings are the only channels that sometimes have solid content.

cover 1 is overdoing it.  They went from quality based to quantity based.   I really enjoy Erik and Greg.  Anthony is knowledgeable but his voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me now.  The air raid hour is entertaining   The rest of the content they throw out there is pure 🗑️ 

On Buffalo rumblings, Joe Miller has the voice and is a solid moderator for Fina.  I’ll listen to their pod weekly.  But that’s OT for the most part

edit: as @SCBills mentioned- Shout is solid.  I’m not a Talbot guy, but I enjoy Parrino.  I think he’s one of the better, if not the best local Bills reporter.  The content is sometimes weak, but I’ll still listen once or twice a week

Anything from Erik Turner is good.  Most things from Tompsett is good.  The rest of cover 1—- meh. 

I'll be honest I do agree theres alot of fluff out there.

If I had to break it down I would say 

Shout, Buffalo Plus, Sal Cappaccio, Joe Busgaglia pretty much anybody that's there.

I really like Joe Marino too. 

Cover 1 like you said Turner and Tompsett are really good too.

I really like Joe Miller and Finas show too. Just entertaining.

• Agree 1

40 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Agree, Cover one jumps the shark at times, a good deal of their content could easily be a half hour shorter, they have issues with getting to to point, and babble on repeating each other, Eric and Gregg are good, Marino’s show is good and mostly to the point, Parrino’s  show is good but to long, it meanders frequently. 

I've lost patience with a lot of the podcasts out there, including Cover 1, actually. Maybe it will be better when the season starts. I always liked their post game shows, so I'm looking forward to those again.

Locked On Bills is great. I listen every day. Joe Marino is in a class of his own right now, and I don't think it is even close.

One Bills Live is hit and miss, but they often have good guests on. They get WAY more hate than they should. I listen a couple times a week, but not if Maddy Glabb is on.

I used to like Bruce Nolan's stuff, but he got stale for me.

A lot of the Buffalo Rumblings stuff has gotten stale for me as well, but again, maybe they'll have better content when the season starts.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, NewEra said:

That's fair. I'm not a NewEra guy on TwoBillsDrive. :P 

• Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Riverboat Ritchie said:

Due to NFL ticket, made switch to you tube and suspended membership until today for college ball, so had no cable and like kids just started watching you tube videos.  Curious who everyone likes for Bills Podcasts.  I have been almost a daily consumer of Locked on Bills as I really like format, length (30 mins) and analysis of Joe Marino. Buffalo Plus OK and a few other ones. Any other suggestions?  

I’ve chimed into 4-5 different Bills podcast and have come away believing Locked on Bills with Marino is the best. Insightful, does his research, consistent and focuses on the topic on hand without going off topic like Shout or One Bills Drive. 

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, NewEra said:

Cover1 is overload with Fan Duel ads and appears they are making content longer to insert more ads and more room for people to pay for the piece on the air.

I pay for You Tube plus subscription so I do not need to see ads but these are just ads now with some talking like the ads with music to keep people listening.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.