Isabella to the PS

BuffaloBillyG

32 minutes ago, Beast said:

He had other offers.

Shift leader at McDonald’s.

Greeter at Walmart.

(only joking)

I get that you’re only kidding.  He’d definitely would have to work his way up to shift leader.  You don’t just do that job on day one.

Look, the practice squad is the practice squad and I have no ill will against Isabella or anyone else on it.  With that said, I’m not looking forward to a season worth of posts about how we are mismanaging the WR room and how we need to get this ham and egger into the lineup.  It’s going to be unrelenting.

• Haha (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Logic said:

Bills fans becoming irrationally attached to a long shot wide receiver that has a nice preseason.

il_570xN.3795213671_1k18.jpg

Irrational you say ?  WELL WTF You sob !!!!

oh wait.

maybe I am one of those.

:)

34 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Interesting. Means there’s still 1 roster spot available. Kirksey?

🥰

53 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Well, players have in the past.  Back when the Bills were a bad team, it happened actually that we would try to sign players off another team's PS and they would say "no thanks, I'm Good".

The other reason is if a guy is offered to the 53 as strictly an injury replacement, and the team will cut him in 4 weeks when the injured player returns. 

Isabella, as a 2nd round pick, made some $ his first 3 years in the league and if he was prudent with it, can afford to "bet on himself" and try to refresh his career, by staying where he thinks he's got the best chance of that even if it means less $$.

Betting on himself would be taking an offer that puts him on the 53, and get the guaranteed Base come the start of the season.  

The reality is just that the other offers were likely other PS offers, he did not turn a 53 man roster offer down after sitting as a unsigned street FA until August

Every year the comments about the PS guys gets more extreme.

From "diamond in the rough" to "burger flippers".

These guys play a role and get paid pretty well to do it.  Isabella is making $290k at a minimum.

That's a lot of burgers but Diggs doesn't need to worry about his roster spot!

36 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

As others have mentioned, with the new PS rules and Shorter injuries, he could play to begin the season, and showcase himself at the very least.

Also I wonder what's the salary for PS. Is it fixed by the league or are some players paid more?

$15,400 for the week is a PS Salary

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Other offers to me means other offers for PS. 

Other offers for the 53 NO player would pass that up for PS.

He's not a rookie, he's been around the block a few times and knows how these things work.  He could be on a teams 53 tomorrow and cut by Saturday so felt the Bills look like a more stable path going forward.  And knows he's likely one injury away from the 53

Just now, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

He's not a rookie, he's been around the block a few times and knows how these things work.  He could be on a teams 53 tomorrow and cut by Saturday so felt the Bills look like a more stable path going forward.  And knows he's likely one injury away from the 53

OK and he would be on another teams 53.  So again he may have had multiple offers for other teams PS, not their 53.  That is the reality.  And that is the reason he was sitting around un-signed in August.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.