Nick Vigil...LB Option?

Wizard

I was looking at roster cuts. Nick Vigil intrigues me. He is about 240 lbs and has played both outside and inside in a 4-3, though mainly off ball.

He was in Jets camp and was cut, but he has 7 years in the league with a good amount of starting experience.

Anyone know more about him? Could he play MLB and/or be a fit for the Bills?

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Wizard said:

I was looking at roster cuts. Nick Vigil intrigues me. He is about 240 lbs and has played both outside and inside in a 4-3, though mainly off ball.

He was in Jets camp and was cut, but he has 7 years in the league with a good amount of starting experience.

Anyone know more about him? Could he play MLB and/or be a fit for the Bills?

He could be signed to PS and Bills could determine if he is a fit without risking putting him on roster with guaranteed salary for a year.

• Like (+1) 1

Thanks for the insight on coverage being a weakness for the guy, Vigil. Hopefully one of these young 3rd round picks steps up.

Just curious if there is anyone (Christian Kirksey, etc) that may be an upgrade or at least raise the floor a bit on that position.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Wizard said:

Thanks for the insight on coverage being a weakness for the guy, Vigil. Hopefully one of these young 3rd round picks steps up.

Just curious if there is anyone (Christian Kirksey, etc) that may be an upgrade or at least raise the floor a bit on that position.

He’ll raise the floor a couple millimeters once he learns the playbook.  I’d add him to the PS if he’d join.  My problem with him is injuries, although he stayed mostly healthy last season

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.