Speculation and discussion on Bills final roster cuts

Simon

4 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

We had all off-season to get a legit Linebacker in the middle.  We didn’t make enough of an effort for Wagner, Lavonte David or Drue Tranquil or any average player for that matter. 

Beane spends back to back 3rd round picks on Tweener LB’s….Bernard has shown nothing to warrant starting.

& we don’t even bother to give Williams a shot at the role. 

Frustrating

if Dodson starts, the middle of the field will be the size of a barn for QB’s 

Beane is good at throwing bodies at roster holes. Just missing ability.  

• Vomit 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

https://www.buffalobills.com/team/depth-chart

Interesting that there is no RT backup.

Alec Anderson listed a 3rd C.

Yup. That was my main head-scratcher after watching the cuts come out, but to be honest no one acquitted themselves well in that spot after Brown. Would have been great to see Gouriage get run on the right side but alas...

1 minute ago, Airseven said:

That'll go through a day or two of editing.

Definitely. 

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

it’s not too late. A smart veteran could come in here and be fine within a couple weeks. It needs to happen. Otherwise we are going to be absolutely wrecked over the middle

Who would that be? Christian Kirksey is still coming off a hamstring injury. And if he were playing at an all time level the year before, they wouldn't have released him. Good MLB's aren't available for trade.

Even if there were a guy, you're operating under how you'd handle things. Not how McDermott operates. As I said in another thread, he wasn't comfortable playing a RUNNING BACK months after trading for him because he "needed time with the playbook". 

RB is maybe the easiest position to transition teams with. MLB is one of the hardest. Especially in McDermott's complicated Defense. He's not going to plug and play a guy there.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, BillsFanForever19 said:

Who would that be? Christian Kirksey is still coming off a hamstring injury. And if he were playing at an all time level the year before, they wouldn't have released him. Good MLB's aren't available for trade.

Even if there were a guy, you're operating under how you'd handle things. Not how McDermott operates. As I said in another thread, he wasn't comfortable playing a RUNNING BACK months after trading for him because he "needed time with the playbook". 

RB is maybe the easiest position to transition teams with. MLB is one of the hardest. Especially in McDermott's complicated Defense. He's not going to plug and play a guy there.

Sean openly expressed his displeasure / concern at the position….

and their response to that is to cut the most experienced and trustworthy player in Klein?

and then do nothing else????

it makes 0 sense

• Vomit 1

From all the updates, appears like these will be moves made tomorrow:

1. In season IR -min 4 week out (3): Barkley, Shorter, Spector

2. Sign(1): Reid Ferguson

That leaves us with 2 open roster spots.  My guess would be backup RT and Kirksey at MLB.

We have Evans, Johnson, Isabella as options for the P/S.  Each provides KR options, as call ups.

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

Sean openly expressed his displeasure / concern at the position….

and their response to that is to cut the most experienced and trustworthy player in Klein?

and then do nothing else????

it makes 0 sense

Klein may be brought back after guys are IR'ed. At the very least, I'd expect him back on the Practice Squad and called up quickly if things really deteriorate.

Bernard returned to practice recently. So they'll roll with Bernard and Dodson for the time being, maybe Klein too if he's brought back tomorrow.

The level of "concern" must not be as great as fans are reading into it. Or else they'd have made a move right then. I suspect it was more of a message to Dodson after his freak out and about the injury to Bernard. Message sent to Dodson and Bernard is back from injury.

We'll see what happens. You may be right. Or they may scheme the Defense in a way that helps out whoever starts. Maybe Rapp playing up the field some with 3 Safeties. Maybe switching guys in and out to keep them fresh. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

We had all off-season to get a legit Linebacker in the middle.  We didn’t make enough of an effort for Wagner, Lavonte David or Drue Tranquil or any average player for that matter. 

Beane spends back to back 3rd round picks on Tweener LB’s….Bernard has shown nothing to warrant starting.

& we don’t even bother to give Williams a shot at the role. 

Frustrating

Take a Chill Pill.  Despite his nod to Von Miller, it seemed pretty clear Lavonte David wanted to stay in Tampa where his kids are in school and stuff.

Bobby Wagner wanted to "go home again" to Seattle.

Drue Tranquill is someone the Bills could have signed, in theory.  You got one there.

Who are these "any average players" that you feel would be better than what we have?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Buffalo Bills Official site release a depth chart after cuts.

No IR designations.

https://www.buffalobills.com/team/depth-chart

Interesting that there is no RT backup.

Alec Anderson listed a 3rd C.

Yikes. I think when Brown goes down again they may try Bates out there or Dawkins, VanDemark taking over LT. Hopefully, the plan is revealed tonight. 

Just now, Charles Romes said:

Yikes. I think when Brown goes down again they may try Bates out there or Dawkins, VanDemark taking over LT. Hopefully, the plan is revealed tonight. 

Makes me think there will be some moves upcoming, but you could be right.  I hope you are not.  LOL.

21 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

If Beane doesn’t bring in anyone else where there is desperate need for even a barely average stop gap player…. it’s discouraging and it’s going to cost us. 

LB is a major issue obviously. Perhaps too is relying on White, Poyer, and Hyde to stay healthy. They still have three guys stacked at CB2 on the updated depth chart, so maybe we get the platoon bonanza. And there's no reason to think this DL is improved as far as controlling the line of scrimmage. Lord knows when Miller comes back.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.