Speculation and discussion on Bills final roster cuts

Simon

22 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Holy Guacamole Batman!

We kept 10 DLmen (plus Von Miller on PUP) and 11, count them, ELEVEN, DB

Yowza.

Klein is a vested vet and does not have to clear waivers.  Spector will go on IR and Klein will come back tomorrow (IMO).  IIRC, they usually give the guys who do them a "friendly" that way, a little "cookie" in the form of guaranteed $$ or a little extra bonus.

Ah, ok, thanks. Was getting hopeful. Guess I am still hopeful but not as much as before!

I thought there was confusion surrounding the Kirksey reports, and they were actually from a few years ago?

Edited by UKBillFan

6 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Earlier today there was a tweet (sorry X) saying Kirksey has 3 teams interested and the Bills were one.

Can't remember the exact wording but seemed like it was already scheduled.

Well, I would be in favor of bringing in Kirksey, so I'd love to see the source/tweet/X

Kirksey love:

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HOUSE said:

I am a little surprised AJ Kline was waived.  

I thought Isabella had a shot

When Harty took all the 1st Team Return reps in the final Pre-Season game, that was that. His only path to the roster was playing Returner so that Harty could focus on offense. 

He was your yearly Pre-Season underdog darling. In the end, Pre-Season performance really matters little compared to the numbers game and what developmental plans and investments he's put in on guys above them.

• Like (+1) 1

Once again WASTE!!

We keep 6 LB’s.  WHY?????

3 of whom won’t see the field and 1 who is only a STer

but sure…cut AJ Klein who is the most experienced of the bunch. He has his limitations, but he is a physical player with very underrated blitz ability. 

if we don’t sign Kirksey or make a trade, it’s extremely concerning

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

Once again WASTE!!

We keep 6 LB’s.  WHY?????

3 of whom won’t see the field and 1 who is only a STer

but sure…cut AJ Klein who is the most experienced of the bunch. He has his limitations, but he is a physical player with very underrated blitz ability. 

if we don’t sign Kirksey or make a trade, it’s extremely concerning

When you don't have quality, you need quantity. Extra bodies that you can cycle in and out to keep players fresh to mitigate talent level a bit. 

Like I've said before, I'd be surprised if they make a move at LB. McDermott is only going to play guys who have experience in his system and know the playbook in and out. MLB in his Defense is extremely complicated. He's not going to play guys learning on the fly.

Kirksey was brought in for a tryout years ago and they passed on him then. I don't think they're going to choose him now years later when he's coming off an injury where he missed the Offseason and will be switching teams at the start of the year.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Was that the name of the companion horse? I forgot

Yes. 

The story is they initially got Seabiscuit a goat, and he responded by picking it up with his teeth and throwing it over the stall door.

Potential new QB signings for the Bills, Beware.

• Like (+1) 1

We had all off-season to get a legit Linebacker in the middle.  We didn’t make enough of an effort for Wagner, Lavonte David or Drue Tranquil or any average player for that matter. 

Beane spends back to back 3rd round picks on Tweener LB’s….Bernard has shown nothing to warrant starting.

& we don’t even bother to give Williams a shot at the role. 

Frustrating

if Dodson starts, the middle of the field will be the size of a barn for QB’s 

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Who said:

It opens up a spot for another player somehow, no?

Yes, but it's not a salary move.  It's a roster move to place a player on IR- eligible to return, which requires the player to be on the 53 man roster initially.

So tomorrow they place whoever (Spector? Shorter?  both?) on IR and re-sign Ferguson (and possibly Klein)

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

We had all off-season to get a legit Linebacker in the middle.  We didn’t make enough of an effort for Wagner, Lavonte David or Drue Tranquil or any average player for that matter. 

Beane spends back to back 3rd round picks on Tweener LB’s….Bernard has shown nothing to warrant starting.

& we don’t even bother to give Williams a shot at the role. 

Frustrating

The reason we have Williams at OLB is because we have absolutely no one else that can play the position behind Milano. Zero. Nada. Zilch. 

And before this season, we never had anyone of quality to replace Milano if he got injured or needed a breather. Now we do. 

We could have gotten a MLB on FA or the Draft. But during that time, we valued weapons, O-Line, and D-Line help more. And rightfully so.

It's frustrating to have seen so many around Draft time say we can get by with what we have and we should focus on other positions. And now that we did, people are freaking out about MLB.

Like it or not, the plan for MLB this season was to see if the 3rd Round Pick we spent on Bernard could pay off. Or if Dodson could do more after showing some good stuff for years in a relief role. One of the would either work out or we'd re-evaluate next season. 

Now it's too late to train a new player to be the Quarterback of the Defense. It just is what it is.

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

The reason we have Williams at OLB is because we have absolutely no one else that can play the position behind Milano. Zero. Nada. Zilch. 

And before this season, we never had anyone of quality to replace Milano if he got injured or needed a breather. Now we do. 

We could have gotten a MLB on FA or the Draft. But during that time, we valued weapons, O-Line, and D-Line help more. And rightfully so.

It's frustrating to have seen so many around Draft time say we can get by with what we have and we should focus on other positions. And now that we did, people are freaking out about MLB.

Like it or not, the plan for MLB this season was to see if the 3rd Round Pick we spent on Bernard could pay off. Or if Dodson could do more after showing some good stuff for years in a relief role. One of the would either work out or we'd re-evaluate next season. 

Now it's too late to train a new player to be the Quarterback of the Defense. It just is what it is.

it’s not too late. A smart veteran could come in here and be fine within a couple weeks. It needs to happen. Otherwise we are going to be absolutely wrecked over the middle

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.