Republican debate GDT

1 hour ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

C'mon Raj, you know I have some idea.  maybe not yours, but an idea....the name is a guess.  The guy I mentioned is named Anoop...great guy and solid citizen.  Need more like him.

If they were elite in India, why did they come to America to be middle class?  The elites can live like kings in India.

13 minutes ago, Doc said:

If they were elite in India, why did they come to America to be middle class?  The elites can live like kings in India.

Never been to India but I've heard the cities are largely crowded, smelly, noisy and chaotic.  Maybe middle class in the US is better than elite in India.  The people I know are not dummies.

10 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Never been to India but I've heard the cities are largely crowded, smelly, noisy and chaotic.  Maybe middle class in the US is better than elite in India.  The people I know are not dummies.

I am sure they aren't and came here because being "elite" in India isn't all that.  And again means nothing here.

9 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

not all in on Nikki.  not convinced of her sincerity.  But this is an interesting analysis that tracks with some of my thoughts

https://news.yahoo.com/nikki-haley-starting-look-real-000718912.html

Joe Biden (career liar) - he’s brought decency to the White House

Nikki - not convinced of her sincerity

🤦‍♂️🤦🤦‍♀️

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Joe Ferguson forever said:

relativity.  small lies, medium lies and THE BIG LIE...

I guess that’s how you’ve come to your theory of how people can be part-racists. 

How do you rate Biden’s lie yesterday about literally convincing Strom Thurmond in 1964? You have repeatedly declared no cognitive decline (your ex-patients deserve refunds) so it has to be a lie, right? I rate it small. Small enough that one wonders why it would ever be told. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

I guess that’s how you’ve come to your theory of how people can be part-racists. 

How do you rate Biden’s lie yesterday about literally convincing Strom Thurmond in 1964? You have repeatedly declared no cognitive decline (your ex-patients deserve refunds) so it has to be a lie, right? I rate it small. Small enough that one wonders why it would ever be told. 

It is small.  The idea that he holds up Thurmond as someone to admire is more unsettling...I don't feel Joe is demented.  At worst, he has what neurologists call "mild cognitive impairment" but I don't think he meets criteria for that.  would need a good neurologist evaluation to determine.  Even if he does, as Frank said, I'd rather a cognitively impaired prez with good advisors than a psychopath with evil advisors...

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

11 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

It is small.  The idea that he holds up Thurmond as someone to admire is more unsettling...I don't feel Joe is demented.  At worst, he has what neurologists call "mild cognitive impairment" but I don't think he meets criteria for that.  would need a good neurologist evaluation to determine.  Even if he does, as Frank said, I'd rather a cognitively impaired prez with good advisors than a psychopath with evil advisors...

Even in a time when the Big Guy had more on the ball he had flowery words for the klansman Robert Byrd and referred to Obama as “the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy.”  Maybe in addition to being a serial liar with no cognitive impairment he’s one of those part-racists you defend. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, JDHillFan said:

Even in a time when the Big Guy had more on the ball he had flowery words for the klansman Robert Byrd and referred to Obama as “the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy.”  Maybe in addition to being a serial liar with no cognitive impairment he’s one of those part-racists you defend. 

He's old school for sure.  When I took care of some of "the greatest generation" folks who fought in WW2, some were like that...but man did they follow orders and never complained.

1 hour ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

The idea that he holds up Thurmond as someone to admire is more unsettling.

This has always been part of Biden's shtick, the idea that "you may be my polar opposite in a lot of ways, but I'm still able to work with you to reach a common good." So yes, I think he was talking about the Voting Rights Act in 1980, and convincing Thurmond to support it. Which was a pretty big deal given Thurmond's racist Dixiecrat background.

This is actually something admirable about Biden and his generation. Today the impulse on both sides would be "this is an evil person that we must shun." You'd risk being canceled if you were seen having lunch with him. I get it. Strom Thurmond was a virulent racist. Biden did work with even those thoroughly disreputable people for the good of the country.

I'm not sure that we can ever get back to a time like that, so maybe he is a relic. But who can look at today's political environment and say that it is better than where we were in the 1980s, when Tip O'Neill and Ronald Reagan made deals?

• 4 weeks later...

The second debate is being held at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum in Simi Valley, California, and will feature: 

• Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis
  • Entrepreneur Vivek Ramaswamy
  • Former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley
  • Former Vice President Mike Pence
  • South Carolina Sen. Tim Scott
  • Former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie
  • North Dakota Gov. Doug Burgum

The moderators for the debate will be Fox News political analyst Dana Perino, Fox Business host Stuart Varney, and UNIVISION's Ilia Calderón. 

• Like (+1) 1

Donald Trump is skipping tonight's second Republican debate as his "cognitive faculties are visibly diminished" and he could end up looking "old and weak" if he faced the other GOP candidates in a direct confrontation, a political consultant has claimed.

https://www.themirror.com/news/us-news/trump-not-gop-debate-putting-116600

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Donald Trump is skipping tonight's second Republican debate as his "cognitive faculties are visibly diminished" and he could end up looking "old and weak" if he faced the other GOP candidates in a direct confrontation, a political consultant has claimed.

https://www.themirror.com/news/us-news/trump-not-gop-debate-putting-116600

We think Trump has gone Biden now too…

wonderful.  

shocking that 70 and 80 year olds aren’t at their peak…. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2