Bills practice Thurs 8/17 starting with McD interview

Beck Water

6 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Does that really make sense?  I mean, we signed this guy 3 months after the free agency started.  

He also didn’t find the offers he was hoping for on the market, but the Bills contacted him early, gave a price, remained in contact up to and even after the draft and that’s when Floyd decided to sign. The Bills were very involved in this courtship, unlike with Lavonte and BWagz. 

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I am sorry I totally disagree. I think they tried 3rd round pick a year out, a vet that took less to stay close to home in FA and then likely had a plan for this draft that didn't transpire. 

This is not plan A. This is make the best of what they have.

Isn’t just a tad of an overreach to say a second year player who didn’t see the field much his rookie year is a bust?

13 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Isn’t just a tad of an overreach to say a second year player who didn’t see the field much his rookie year is a bust?

He didn't say he was a bust.   All that's happened with Bernard is that he hasn't developed as they hoped, and then he got injured.  When he's back, he may very well begin to take time from Dodson.  

53 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Living in a fantasy world I see.  The Bills make decisions, the season will show which were good ones.

I'm not the one living in a fantasy world.

This place is Insecure Homer Central. Many posters just really have a hard time accepting even the thought or possibility that the Bills might have made a mistake and things might not be perfect. Folks who post such thoughts are ridiculed, ganged up on, and condescended to. Discussion is much more reasonable on X, typically.

To no one's chagrin, I'm about ready to swear this place off for good. Came back after staying away for a while and it's insufferable.

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1

24 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

He also didn’t find the offers he was hoping for on the market, but the Bills contacted him early, gave a price, remained in contact up to and even after the draft and that’s when Floyd decided to sign. The Bills were very involved in this courtship, unlike with Lavonte and BWagz. 

Im sorry but that still doesn’t make sense.  An absolute must isn’t someone you let feel out the market for 3 months.  

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Im sorry but that still doesn’t make sense.  An absolute must isn’t someone you let feel out the market for 3 months.  

It wasn’t the Bills decision to have him feel out the market over that time, it was Floyd’s. The Bills were offering an amount of money they thought they could afford, Floyd likely wanted more. What they did do is show him the interest and made him feel wanted by staying in constant contact with him. Like Beane said, the process began very early. In fact, because of the Bills constant pursuit, Floyd reportedly left more money on the table to sign with us, a championship contender. Perhaps the Bills showed the most interest as well. If you can’t see how that differs from the situation with the MLBs that were on the market, I don’t know what else to tell you.

18 minutes ago, Einstein said:

He never said "bust". But I will. The guy is a bust.

God almighty.

Imagine thinking that 16 games and 1 start by a 3rd rounder are enough evidence to call him a bust.

Woof. Even for you, Einstein. Woof.

Edited by Logic
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

This place is Insecure Homer Central. Many posters just really have a hard time accepting even the thought or possibility that the Bills might have made a mistake and things might not be perfect. Folks who post such thoughts are ridiculed, ganged up on, and condescended to. Discussion is much more reasonable on X, typically.

To no one's chagrin, I'm about ready to swear this place off for good. Came back after staying away for a while and it's insufferable.

We have too many folks who think they are either more worthy of being GMs than guys who do the job, or that they are Nostradamus.  General statement, not directed specifically at you.  The team feels they can do OK with the guys they have available to play MLB.  So we’ll see what happens.  I think we’re going to see 4-1-6 sets a lot more than 4-2-5.  I think they went after Rapp for a reason, and it wasn’t to have him on the bench behind Poyer and Hyde.

Edited by oldmanfan
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Come on, what are you doing?  Sure, there are homers on this board.  There are also trolls.  There are all kinds of people with different

opinions and agenda's posting all the time.  I try to be open to opinions and will admit I "lean" toward be a "homer" fan at times but I try

to enjoy this place for what it is.

As to all this back and forth on the MLB position.  It's could have some real growing pain during the season BUT whoever gets the nod will also

have a whole lot of tackles and maybe even do some things that Edmunds didn't do well.  Maybe a couple of extra INTs or FFs.  If it's Dodson,

he might get some sacks and maybe be a little better against the run.  Then again, who really knows.  These are top notch athletes licking

their chops to be given a chance.  

Nothing will be known until the real bullets fly.  Maybe Beane and McDermott will regret their decisions, maybe we will see something better

in the long run.  It's still 3 and a half weeks away but I'm really looking forward to the season.  Hang in there and let everyone be a fan.  I try to

remind myself of that every time I log on this site.

Go Bills.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

So the optimists are the ones who make this place insufferable? interesting take 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

It wasn’t the Bills decision to have him feel out the market over that time, it was Floyd’s. The Bills were offering an amount of money they thought they could afford, Floyd likely wanted more. What they did do is show him the interest and made him feel wanted by staying in constant contact with him. Like Beane said, the process began very early. In fact, because of the Bills constant pursuit, Floyd reportedly left more money on the table to sign with us, a championship contender. Perhaps the Bills showed the most interest as well. If you can’t see how that differs from the situation with the MLBs that were on the market, I don’t know what else to tell you.

Lol

You have no idea on any of the talks or communication that happened or the effort or what was each player’s ultimate motivation.  You’re just trying really hard to push the “Bills didn’t make him feel wanted enough” agenda.  

46 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Sometimes people are too sensitive for message boards.

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Lol

You have no idea on any of the talks or communication that happened or the effort or what was each player’s ultimate motivation.  You’re just trying really hard to push the “Bills didn’t make him feel wanted enough” agenda.  

Sometimes people are too sensitive for message boards.

It’s like taking to someone who doesn’t or just refuses to understand. Maybe you’re just stubborn and don’t want to admit it. I’m taking two players from this (Lavonte David/Leonard Floyd) as an example and I do have evidence based on what those players said. I’m not pushing any agenda, they told you themselves about what the process was like and Buffalo’s involvement. 

Edited by JayBaller10

4 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

It’s like taking to someone who doesn’t or just refuses to understand. Maybe you’re just stubborn and don’t want to admit it. I’m taking two players from this (Lavonte David/Leonard Floyd) as an example and I do have evidence based on what those players said. I’m not pushing any agenda, they told you themselves about what the process was like and Buffalo’s involvement. 

Im being stubborn when I say you don’t the full story?

So I guess if I just say “You’re 100% right, you know everything about process of all 3 players” I wouldn’t be stubborn?

”You’re a must have!  Here’s a one year contract for $7 million.  We know you have higher offers, we aint going any higher😂

• Eyeroll 1

37 minutes ago, Logic said:

God almighty.

Imagine thinking that 16 games and 1 start by a 3rd rounder are enough evidence to call him a bust.

Woof. Even for you, Einstein. Woof.

Teams don't draft players based on the evidence they see from college tape.

They base their decision on 0 NFL games or starts.

Some of us are better at seeing the talent level of players than others.

• Eyeroll 1

6 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Im being stubborn when I say you don’t the full story?

So I guess if I just say “You’re 100% right, you know everything about process of all 3 players” I wouldn’t be stubborn?

”You’re a must have!  Here’s a one year contract for $7 million.  We know you have higher offers, we aint going any higher😂

I’m wasting my time. Good day, sir.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.